Shrooba's Corner of 100 Completions

Shrooba

Completion #1
Sonic Mania - 15th June 2019
Completion time: 1 day, 6 hours

L9b2d78.png

Here's where it all began for my profile, Sonic Mania in 2019! I regularly played with my Xbox 360/One through 2011-2019, but a majority of my IRL friends played together on PS4, so I made the leap over. My initial intention was to play the Crash N. Sane Trilogy first since I had already done so on Xbox and wanted to play through it again. However, upon buying PS Plus to play with my friends, I noticed June's free PS Plus lineup of games, the Borderlands Handsome Collection (comprising of Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel), and Sonic Mania. I may not show it, but Sonic has been a huge part of games I played as a kid, and upon consideration I then knew that this had to be my first game on PlayStation.

Story:
Sonic Mania was developed by fans of the series, led by Christian Whitehead, who is well known for his work on the 2011 Sonic CD port to the 360/PS3, which added a playable Tails alongside the option to switch between the US and JPN soundtracks. He had a knack for making 2D Sonic projects, and his vision for a new 2D Sonic saw the green light.

The game takes place I believe after Sonic 3 & Knuckles, as we see Sonic and Tails traveling towards Angel Island. Rather than encountering Knuckles, they meet face to face with a bunch of Egg Robos, robots of Dr. Robotnik's army that were encountered in Sky Sanctuary Zone. The Egg Robos appear to be patrolling an excavation mission for a mysterious pinkish-purple gemstone called the Phantom Ruby, which suddenly distorts time and space around our two heroes and the robots, causing them all to be transported to Green Hill Zone, with the Egg Robos donning new forms (the Hard-Boiled Heavies) as they scurry away with the ruby. Similar to Sonic Generations, Mania is a celebration of Sonic's 2D adventures, as he traverses various different zones throughout the original trilogy, alongside new areas to explore. Upon encountering the Death Egg robot in Green Hill and defeating it, Sonic learns that Robotnik is in possession of the ruby, and he goes on a journey to collect the Chaos Emeralds, capture the ruby, and stop Robotnik. In a final encounter at Robotnik's main base, the Titanic Monarch, Sonic seemingly emerges as the victor, but Robotnik activates the ruby one final time and transports the both of them to an unknown time and space. The robotic leader of the Heavies seizes the ruby seemingly for it's own gain, with Robotnik rushing in with a new mech to reclaim it. In a true final battle with Robotnik, the Heavy King, and Super Sonic, the ruby goes haywire and transports Sonic to a new dimension, leading into Sonic Forces.

Like the other 2D Sonic games, it's a simple story, but it's very charming at what it does. It has a lot of inspiration unlike Sonic 4, and Mania ends up being one of the best Sonic games in my opinion.

Gameplay:
I didn't discuss much of the zones in the story, but they're a huge part of the gameplay this time around since they have new gimmicks. The controls themselves are the same as the other 2D Sonic games, but Mania includes the addition of a new mechanic for Sonic, the drop-dash. By holding down the spin dash button as you land from a jump, you instantly re-initiate a spin dash and zoom forward. Momentum is a huge factor of Sonic games, and seeing this addition allows you to aim for really fast times and it's a great reward to experienced players who know the layout of each level. Among the main characters are Sonic, Tails and Knuckles who all behave the same as in the original trilogy, but Mania Plus adds Ray and Mighty with new gameplay styles. Mighty has the ability to slam down through objects below (an inverse of Knuckles who can shatter objects in front of him), and Ray, who can glide up and down, adding momentum to the air (an inverse of Tails who is more catered to beginners, as he simply flies up). In doing so, there's a new plethora of gameplay opportunities with 5 characters.

The levels themselves each have changes, such as Green Hill's abundance of zip-lines similar to Sonic 4, to Chemical Plant's emphasis on science with bouncy goo and changes of gravity. However, the best part of Mania is it's new levels, and it's a shame that the Mania team weren't able to make a fully original game, because these new zones are where the game shines the most. Press Garden, Studiopolis, Mirage Saloon and Titanic Monarch are easily some of the best zones in the game. Studiopolis is brimming with funk and groove, with tons of easter eggs and nods to the "studio" aspect with popcorn machines that launch you, springy studio chairs, and clapperboards that bounce you to great heights. Press Garden's first act emphasizes the "press" aspect with a focus on newspapers, with lettered platforms popping in and out of view for Sonic to jump on, alongside a complete shift in the second act, which transforms the zone into a blooming forest, emphazizing the "garden" aspect. It's one of the most beautiful levels in any Sonic game, the team did a fantastic job here. Next is Mirage Saloon with spinning bar chairs, guns that quite literally shoot Sonic at blazing speeds, and an amazing boss against a Heavy that transforms into various past Sonic characters like Fang, Bean and Bark. Titanic Monarch is an intimidating final zone with purple orbs that can allow Sonic to launch in various directions as you traverse through some tricky platforming.

Overall, Sonic Mania is a fantastic game, and I'm very fond of it being my first completion! ?

Enjoyment: 9.2/10
Difficulty: 3/10

Edited by Shrooba
  • Like 4

Just a quick update, I've been thinking of a way to make the thread more interesting, and looking back on my backlog (horrible pun intended), I thought a fun way was to let you guys decide what game out of the list I should play next!
By the time I've finished FighterZ, I'll be doing Sonic Colours Ultimate next, but I want to know what game you guys reckon I should do afterwards. ?

I've added a poll, but feel free to leave a comment here as well!
My next review will be focusing on Crash 1, my very first platinum, and I'll post it next Monday. ?

Edited by Shrooba

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Shrooba's ABSOLUTELY STUNNING, WORLD BREAKING NEWS (Alright... it's just a progress update)

31L4a47e0.png
40-silver.png Deep Pockets 40-silver.png
Acquire 5,000,000 Zeni throughout the course of playing.

Okay okay, I know what you're thinking; "Shrooba buddy, this is just a regular silver trophy. This isn't a completion. Why are you posting about this."
That, my beautiful people, is a BRILLIANT question!
You see, this is no ordinary trophy... it marks 1/4th or an arduous grind to get 20,000,000 zeni. Basically, zeni is FighterZ's currency, and in most battles you'd only get arouuund a couple hundred I'd say. I believe in 2020 the devs added this "FighterZ Dojo" where you can fight in 3 AI battles to win tournaments. One of which has everyone on extremely low HP, and each overall win (beating all 3 AI opponents) nets you 30,000 zeni, which takes around 4 minutes on average each time. (The quickest I can do is around 3 minutes, but after grinding for several hours on end, it's hard to be focused).
I did the math, and...

30,000 zeni x 634 wins =
19,020,000 zeni
This may seem 1 million short, but by the time you get all the other trophies done, you're usually left with 1 million, so you only need to get the remaining 19,000,000. Except it's not a walk in the park. ?

Here's the BIG issue... I said earlier that each overall win is approximately 4 minutes... Times that by 600 battles and...

634 x 4 = 2536 minutes

After converting 2536 minutes to hours, it comes out as 42.26 hours of doing nothing but fighting the same fights over. And over. And over. And over.....Needless to say, that's pretty much double the time it takes to platinum the game as is (not counting the ranked matches).

I know there's an exploit where you can just wait for big zeni bonuses upon logging in, messing around with your network settings and getting the reward over and over, but I don't want to exploit this since it's a single-player related thing, I just reckon It'd be more rewarding to finally get it done after the grind! ?

Granted, this is nowhere near as bad as Gran Turismo Sport's Level 50 grind which took me an entire month (never doing that again!!!), but this definitely has a snug fit into 2nd place. But the weirdest thing of all is, and hear me out: This dojo method cuts the time roughly in half. See, I had actually already completed this before on Xbox, and back when I did the Zeni grind there, you had to replay the entire story again on hard mode, and equip zeni upgrades and get around 12,000 every 4 minutes. That's 18,000 less. Yet here I am, enduring it again, albeit in a slightly less painful method!

But anyway, that's it for the progress update. I'll keep the poll up until Sonic Colours Ultimate is done. Right now, it won't be out for another couple weeks, but with this grind in the way I'll be occupied for a good while.
As of now it's a tie between Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered and Dragon Ball Z: Budokai HD Collection! There's plenty of time to vote so feel free.

And with that, have a good one everybody!

• Like 1

On 23/08/2021 at 8:38 AM, Shrooba said:

I hold games with and without platinums of equal value, it doesn't bother me too much whether a game has a plat or not. I suppose this is partly because my first exposure to completing games was with the Xbox 360 way back when. 1f605.png

My personal philosophy when it comes to trophies is that I don't really care whether a game is "easy" or "hard", but only whether it's of good quality.
A game like Persona 5 Royal may have an easy plat, but I think it's one of the best games the PS4 has to offer, hence why it's a completion I'm quite fond of.

I feel very similarly in regards to games w/wo a platinum. To me there is one goal and one goal only - Get all the Trophies! 

I also agree with your view on Trophies. Easy, hard, doesn't matter. Why play games if they're not the games you like? Quality game means the Trophies are just a little cherry on the top of a big old delicious cake! 

Looking forward to following your progress! 

• Like 4

Thanks for stopping by! I'll try to make things interesting as I progress, and I look forward to seeing the other games you'll be tackling in the future as well! ?
The quality of a game is the most important feature of all IMO, it's why I love a majority of games I've played. I even liked Cyberpunk despite it's bugs at the time (it's probably still buggy to this day lol), it had a lot of potential and I'm hoping to play the PS5 version as well, but that'll be in quite a long time!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, KindaSabbath said:

I feel very similarly in regards to games w/wo a platinum. To me there is one goal and one goal only - Get all the Trophies! 

I also agree with your view on Trophies. Easy, hard, doesn't matter. Why play games if they're not the games you like? Quality game means the Trophies are just a little cherry on the top of a big old delicious cake! 

Looking forward to following your progress! 

19 hours ago, Shrooba said:

Thanks for stopping by! I'll try to make things interesting as I progress, and I look forward to seeing the other games you'll be tackling in the future as well! 1f600.png
The quality of a game is the most important feature of all IMO, it's why I love a majority of games I've played. I even liked Cyberpunk despite it's bugs at the time (it's probably still buggy to this day lol), it had a lot of potential and I'm hoping to play the PS5 version as well, but that'll be in quite a long time!

Honestly though, I feel having to grind at times is a 'Catch 22' for us completionists.

Dragon Ball FighterZ. Personally I grew up on DBZ back in the 90s as a kid, so I know a lot about the characters (Frieza is by far my favorite villian), the struggles Goku went thru across all those episodes, etc etc. I've never actually gotten around to playing ANY of the DBZ games, even though there was a time when us teenagers used to get together and talk about what happened to Goku, because we were that much of a group of socially awkward kids.

Anyway, I generally refer to grind as something that's NOT fun. I'm grinding thru Max Payne 3 to get Rank 50, because the servers will close on Sept 16th. It's a very monotonous grind, roughly 30 - 40 hours depending on how fast you are as a player. It's still a very good game, definitely one of the more solid third person shooters I've played in my life. Very comparable to Uncharted, in fact they practically took the Uncharted cover tactic from it.

I don't like the grind, but I can appreciate the quality of Max Payne 3. In my experience I never met anyone who ever really said they enjoyed a grind.

That Deep Pockets trophy, I completely understand where you're coming from.

• Like 3

You are a charismatic guy, good luck on your journey ? and I agree with you about whether a game has a platinum trophy or not; I just like completing games regardless of that detail. I see people saying "wow, that game doesn't have a platinum trophy, what a waste! I won't play that" I see myself as a trophy hunter, and not necessarily a platinum hunter specifically.

1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

Honestly though, I feel having to grind at times is a 'Catch 22' for us completionists.

Dragon Ball FighterZ. Personally I grew up on DBZ back in the 90s as a kid, so I know a lot about the characters (Frieza is by far my favorite villian), the struggles Goku went thru across all those episodes, etc etc. I've never actually gotten around to playing ANY of the DBZ games, even though there was a time when us teenagers used to get together and talk about what happened to Goku, because we were that much of a group of socially awkward kids.

Anyway, I generally refer to grind as something that's NOT fun. I'm grinding thru Max Payne 3 to get Rank 50, because the servers will close on Sept 16th. It's a very monotonous grind, roughly 30 - 40 hours depending on how fast you are as a player. It's still a very good game, definitely one of the more solid third person shooters I've played in my life. Very comparable to Uncharted, in fact they practically took the Uncharted cover tactic from it.

I don't like the grind, but I can appreciate the quality of Max Payne 3. In my experience I never met anyone who ever really said they enjoyed a grind.

That Deep Pockets trophy, I completely understand where you're coming from.

Thanks for popping in! A lot DBZ games have grinds (Xenoverse 2 comes to mind), but if you want a fun plat, then the DBZ Budokai HD Collection is a neat game; it features slight remasters of Budokai 1 and 3 from the PS2, and it's akin to a 2.5D fighter of sorts. The only major difference is that the music has changed since the composer for the original games actually plagiarized and got fired! He even worked on the show itself and copied other work on that as well, here's one prime example on the top of my head:

Spoiler

Here's the theme of Trunks from DBZ, note the bassline from 1:17:

And now here's the original song, you'll hear nearly the exact same bassline from 0:35:

And good luck with Max Payne 3 by the way! You'll get it done before the online shuts down, there's still plenty of time so don't stress it! ? From one person enduring a grind to the other, you got this.

@KindaSabbath On the note of DBZ plagiarism, I reckon you might find this hilarious, I bet you'll recognize the song from 9:19 immediately ?:

1 hour ago, kevao97 said:

You are a charismatic guy, good luck on your journey 1f642.png and I agree with you about whether a game has a platinum trophy or not; I just like completing games regardless of that detail. I see people saying "wow, that game doesn't have a platinum trophy, what a waste! I won't play that" I see myself as a trophy hunter, and not necessarily a platinum hunter specifically.

Thank you for hopping in as well! I think a trophy list is a trophy list, plat or not. That statement you said at the end is something I completely agree with too, I see myself as a trophy hunter, not just one who seeks plats. That being said, there's nothing wrong with only doing games with platinums either, to each their own of course. ? I had a blast playing through Sonic Adventure 2 recently, and I played it because I love the game, and I wasn't too bothered about the lack of a plat.

I'll try to make my future reviews more interesting by maybe talking about how I've gotten into particular games, which I'll dive into a bit when I talk about Crash 1. ?

Edited by Shrooba
  • Like 2

Even though I've been on this site since late 2019, I've never actually made my own thread before, so I thought something like this would be a fun way to go about it. Feel free to ask me any questions or anything along the way! If we happen to have finished the same games, I'd love to hear your experiences as well!

I hold games with and without platinums of equal value, it doesn't bother me too much whether a game has a plat or not. I suppose this is partly because my first exposure to completing games was with the Xbox 360 way back when. ?

My personal philosophy when it comes to trophies is that I don't really care whether a game is "easy" or "hard", but only whether it's of good quality.
A game like Persona 5 Royal may have an easy plat, but I think it's one of the best games the PS4 has to offer, hence why it's a completion I'm quite fond of.

It's great to see more of these trophy checklists, especially as it one of the best parts of the site. It's interesting reading about different experiences in all sorts of games from many different people here. I'm the same when it comes to quality & whether it has a platinum or not, plus I always like looking through a list whether it's easy, hard or a mixture of both. There also are many decent games without a platinum of good quality so it's nice to find games that I didn't really know about before. I'll definitely be having a look at this trophy checklist every so often.

Edited by Destructor-8
  • Like 3

I hold games with and without platinums of equal value, it doesn't bother me too much whether a game has a plat or not.

A man after my own heart here!

...But I digress!
This is about my journey to 100 completed games of course, so I should get to explaining how I'll go about discussing it:

At my current pace, I won't be hitting 100 for a long time, so every week, I'll post a review of each of my completions starting all the way back with Sonic Mania in 2019, and if I happen to complete any new games in the meantime, I'll also post a review of that as well, especially since it'll be fresh on my mind!

I like to categorize my reviews simply by story and gameplay, but I do like to go on tangents so they might be a bit long, but we'll see. 1f61b.png

So what will I do when I hit my goal of 100 completions? Well, as anti-climatic as it'll be, I'll most likely continue gaming as usual. I just wanted to set a goal to help motivate me along the way, but I definitely won't drop things once I eventually hit the goal... eventually! 1f605.png

Good luck on the journey - your profile is a completionist beast already, but I love that you are starting right at the beginning with your reviews - I'll be following along with your write ups for sure ?

• Like 3

On 8/23/2021 at 9:38 AM, Shrooba said:

One reason I made this thread is to log my experiences of my games, but I also made this because I wanted to have the opportunity to discuss with you guys!

Yes! This is definitely one of the best places to start interesting and civil discussions about games. For sure the right way to go, and I hope you'll have a lot of fun maintaining your own checklist as well!

I hold games with and without platinums of equal value, it doesn't bother me too much whether a game has a plat or not. I suppose this is partly because my first exposure to completing games was with the Xbox 360 way back when. 1f605.png

I never understood the obsession with the Platinum Trophies... Aren't they just... a trophy for earning other trophies? ? So yeah, I'm in the same boat there. I just value a 100% completion, regardless of the inclusion of a platinum. That's also why I recently restructured my checklist to not separate games with and without a plat. I see no point in doing so! 

I like to categorize my reviews simply by story and gameplay, but I do like to go on tangents so they might be a bit long, but we'll see. 1f61b.png

So what will I do when I hit my goal of 100 completions? Well, as anti-climatic as it'll be, I'll most likely continue gaming as usual. I just wanted to set a goal to help motivate me along the way, but I definitely won't drop things once I eventually hit the goal... eventually! 1f605.png

Would you mind breaking down your "scoring system"? I'm curious because you have them down to the decimals! :D 

As for the poll.. I am personally not interested in any of those games, but I voted for Borderlands because that's the one from the list that I would play if I had to ?

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Shrooba said:

@KindaSabbath On the note of DBZ plagiarism, I reckon you might find this hilarious, I bet you'll recognize the song from 9:19 immediately 1f61b.png:

I didn't realise that DBZ games have such awesome soundtracks. It's crazy to think that album is over 50 years old! Still sounds better than most music released in the last 20 years!

Although Paranoid is widely considered their best album.. for me, the album Black Sabbath also released in 1970 is simply a masterpiece.

Not sure how many other metalheads we have around this side of the website, but I'll just leave this here as I'm sure everyone can appreciate good music:

I might make it a goal of mine to go after the games with legendary soundtracks at some point in the future!

Anyways, back on topic: @AJ_Radio a long ass grind is only doable imo, if you're playing games you enjoy/quality titles. I don't particularly love the sound of a grind - I don't think I've really had to grind for anything as of yet Trophy wise - but if the gameplay is atleast good, can just throw on some music/podcast and get through it. Saying that, I have been playing the same challenge and trying to improve for the last 4 days. I guess maybe that counts as a grind?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Good luck on the journey - your profile is a completionist beast already, but I love that you are starting right at the beginning with your reviews - I'll be following along with your write ups for sure 1f44d.png

Welcome aboard! I'll try to spice up the reviews in the future, just testing the waters at the moment but holy moly this blew up in the last couple of hours! ? I hope my writings will keep you folks invested. I'll do my best to respond whenever a comment is posted here.
On the note of my review structures--

56 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

Would you mind breaking down your "scoring system"? I'm curious because you have them down to the decimals! :D

Admittedly, my Sonic Mania score was just on a gut feel honestly! ? I feel it slightly excels a regular 9/10 but is held back by the lack of fully original levels. It's very plain at the moment but I'll consider a number of factors for my future reviews and how they impact the score:
1. If the game is a sequel; how the gameplay is improved upon it's predecessor- what innovations are made to the formula.
2. If the music is noteworthy, I'll talk a bit about what my favourite track is and the impact it has on me.
3. I'll try to go more in depth on the history of a game and what went behind the scenes with the developers. I touched a bit upon Christian Whitehead's involvement of the Sonic CD port in 2011, but perhaps I could go more in-depth and take that concept further. For God of War PS4 especially, there's a whole lot to talk about, and the passion and inspiration Cory Barlog had in the game can be something I can judge the game upon as well. If I can feel passion was put into a game, that can definitely change my perception on it.

So I reckon my main sections could be: Gameplay, Story, Music, History of the game's development. Typically I'd say gameplay would weigh the most in my score, but it's dependent on the type of game, like Heavy Rain and Detroit: Become Human's focus on story first. I don't think the history of a game's development would weigh too much, but I think it's a really cool retrospective that'll be fun to read.

I really loved playing Furi, so maybe one day I might give Hyper Light Drifter a go! ? By coincidence, I've had at least one UR game every 10 games or so to spice things up, so I may have it as a milestone.

37 minutes ago, KindaSabbath said:

I didn't realise that DBZ games have such awesome soundtracks. It's crazy to think that album is over 50 years old! Still sounds better than most music released in the last 20 years!

Although Paranoid is widely considered their best album.. for me, the album Black Sabbath also released in 1970 is simply a masterpiece.

Not sure how many other metalheads we have around this side of the website, but I'll just leave this here as I'm sure everyone can appreciate good music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwLQw_95hX0&ab_channel=AgustinGarcia

Black Sabbath has made a huge impact on the world of rock. It's awesome that Ozzy is still with us! ? On the note of the genre, this is another one of my favourites:

Spoiler

@Destructor-8
It's great to see more of these trophy checklists, especially as it one of the best parts of the site. It's interesting reading about different experiences in all sorts of games from many different people here. I'm the same when it comes to quality & whether it has a platinum or not, plus I always like looking through a list whether it's easy, hard or a mixture of both. There also are many decent games without a platinum of good quality so it's nice to find games that I didn't really know about before. I'll definitely be having a look at this trophy checklist every so often.

That's one of the great things I love about other people's checklists, you get to see games you may not have heard of before, and hearing different views is a cool way to get an idea of each person's likes and dislikes with a game, and the journey it takes as they go through each one. ?

Edited by Shrooba
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Shrooba said:

Welcome aboard! I'll try to spice up the reviews in the future, just testing the waters at the moment but holy moly this blew up in the last couple of hours! 1f605.png I hope my writings will keep you folks invested. I'll do my best to respond whenever a comment is posted here.

Haha, trust me - your review style will cement itself all on it's own, and you're off to roaring start! - mine started as a few sentences, and now, I feel privileged if a single person actually reads them, as they have become longer and longer each time ? When you write about that you love, it's difficult to curtail yourself!

8 minutes ago, Shrooba said:

Admittedly, my Sonic Mania score was just on a gut feel honestly! 1f605.png I feel it slightly excels a regular 9/10 but is held back by the lack of fully original levels. It's very plain at the moment but 

Must admit, I'm very much not a sonic guy, but I still enjoyed the format of your first one, as well as your passion. For me, there's few things more interesting to read on this site, than someone articulating a passionate review of a game you yourself didn't like or wasn't your own wheelhouse - it gives a window to a die of gaming that is fascinating and worth understanding, whether it actually moves the needle for you on the specific game or series personally or not ??

• Like 2

20 hours ago, KindaSabbath said:

Awesome write up dude! Thoroughly enjoyed it! Crash is a series I played to death as a child. I've never gotten around to the remaster, but it sounds like I'm in for a treat when I do, eventually.

You'll definitely love the Crash trilogy, especially CTR: Nitro-Fueled. I really look forward to reviewing CTR when I eventually get to it especially! Don't let the whole "Crash is just like Dark Souls" thing get in the way, the trilogy is perfectly doable with practice, more so since you only need the gold relics and not the platinum ones. It's a treat for sure, you'll look forward to it! Best of luck with Trials Fusion in the meantime, I still can't believe you decided to start that so early on into your profile, definitely an awesome start! ?

- Shrooba's Fantastical, WORLD-SHATTERING, GRAVITY-DEFYING Mini Update -
Anyway everyone, on a side note, I figured I'd give a main update to you all reading, for two purposes:
1. I've added some new games to my backlog! They won't be included in the ongoing poll, but here's three games I'll get to at some point:
- Bridge Constructor Portal

Believe it or not, but I'm a HUGE fan of the Portal series, it's really a darn shame that Portal 2 has an unobtainable plat because I absolutely would've done it by now... To make matters worse, the original Portal 1 isn't variable on PS either, but was instead included in the Orange Box collection featuring the HL2 games as well-- but that isn't on PS as well.
But anyway, as I was browsing through the indie game sales, I couldn't help but notice this game! I had completely forgotten that this game was a thing, and if it's the next best Portal-related thing I can 100%, then so be it! ?
- Ducati: 90th Anniversary
Like Bridge Constructor Portal, I stumbled across this game on the indie game sale, for only 2 dollars! What a steal! I've always been enthralled by Polyphony's (Gran Turismo devs) work on Tourist Trophy, a motorcycling game, so seeing something like this for such a low price pretty much guaranteed that it'd take a spot on my list the moment I saw it.
- F1 2021
Formula One is one of my favourite sports; the speed, the adrenaline, the qualifying laps that determine who's the master of a track. It's a discipline only tamed by the most absolute daredevils willing to push racing to it's absolute limits. This is the sort of aspect I loved about GT Sport especially, I love playing with my IRL friends in lobbies and trying to push our times lower and lower... Well, one of the IRL friends I play GT Sport with was interested in getting F1 2021, so I figured I'd get it as well!
Don't worry though, even though I'll be playing F1 2021, I'll still prioritize playing whatever wins the poll after I tackle Sonic Colours Ultimate, I'm a man of my word after all. ?

And that's it for my current additions to the backlog. My second reason for making this update was to hear your thoughts on my current review schedule.
Usually, I intended to release 1 review every Monday, and something in-between if I just so happen to complete a latest game in the meantime. Since I will be a bit preoccupied a couple weeks in the future, my schedule might be a bit sporadic so if you like what you're seeing so far, you can follow the thread if you want, but I understand this schedule might be a bit slow, so I wanted to hear if you guys are fine with just 1 a week. Cheers to the people reading through my ramblings, I really do appreciate you fellas!

Edited by Shrooba
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, Shrooba said:

- Bridge Constructor Portal

Believe it or not, but I'm a HUGE fan of the Portal series, it's really a darn shame that Portal 2 has an unobtainable plat because I absolutely would've done it by now... To make matters worse, the original Portal 1 isn't variable on PS either, but was instead included in the Orange Box collection featuring the HL2 games as well-- but that isn't on PS as well.
But anyway, as I was browsing through the indie game sales, I couldn't help but notice this game! I had completely forgotten that this game was a thing, and if it's the next best Portal-related thing I can 100%, then so be it! 1f605.png

I've heard good things about Bridge Constructor Portal - I have it in my backlog list myself - those other bridge constructor games are actually pretty awesome little puzzle games, and from what I understand the Portal stuff works super well within that!

BTW - as a Portal fan, there are some other games that could serve as a trophy-obtainable methadone for Portal if you are looking for such a thing - a few I've played (and a few in my backlog!) that work in a similar wheelhouse are:

The Spectrum Retreat

Chromagun

Quantum Conundrum (This one is actually made by some of the original Portal devs)

The Turing Test

Q.U.B.E / Q.U.B.E 2

just incase you're interested ?

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I've heard good things about Bridge Constructor Portal - I have it in my backlog list myself - those other bridge constructor games are actually pretty awesome little puzzle games, and from what I understand the Portal stuff works super well within that!

BTW - as a Portal fan, there are some other games that could serve as a trophy-obtainable methadone for Portal if you are looking for such a thing - a few I've played (and a few in my backlog!) that work in a similar wheelhouse are:

The Spectrum Retreat

Chromagun

Quantum Conundrum (This one is actually made by some of the original Portal devs)

The Turing Test

Q.U.B.E / Q.U.B.E 2

just incase you're interested 1f642.png

Awesome suggestions!
Since I don't have my PS3 on me, I won't be able to play Quantum Conundrum unfortunately, nor Gran Turismo 6 which I've been thinking of doing as well. I couldn't find The Turing Test on the PS Store either for some reason...
But the good news is, I'm able to add Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut, Q.U.B.E. 2, ChromaGun, and The Spectrum Retreat to my backlog, those are some cool games! Thanks for introducing me to these. Alongside Bridge Constructor Portal, these 5 games will quench my Portal thirst! ?

• Like 2

G'day everyone, time for another quick update!
I finally finished the 40+ hour grind for Dragon Ball FighterZ and nabbed another platinum at last! If you're wondering why it's a UR plat, direct your eyes straight to that horrific grind.
@AJ_Radio After finishing this grind, especially considering it was a similar length to what you did, I fully empathize with what you had to go through with Max Payne 3! ? Those things really take ages, don't they?

Anyway, I've started F1 2021 in the meantime to fill my thirst for a racing game, but next week I'll also start Sonic Colours Ultimate which also has a great trophy list!
Since I'll be starting it very soon, I've decided to end the poll now, and here's the results:
mmMqBwO.png

In a VERY close battle, Miles Morales wins with 7 votes, as opposed to Modern Warfare Remastered's 6 votes. Borderlands 1 was also close with 5 votes. In hindsight, I probably should've omitted the DBZ Budokai HD Collection since I don't have my PS3 on me at the moment, but it all works out anyway. Besides, after that cursed 20,000,000 zeni grind in FighterZ, I think I'm quite Dragon Balled out for now!!! ?

As usual, I'll have the Crash 2 review up on Monday, but seeing as I just completed FighterZ, I'll have a review for it up later on today, I need to take a break after that grind consumed me... When I get back, I'll be sure to post it and keep up with everyone else's checklists as well!

Take care everyone, and thanks to those who've been reading these so far, I really do appreciate it!

Edited by Shrooba
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, KindaSabbath said:

Congratulations on the new :platinum:!!

I bet you're super relieved to be done with that grind! I also finished a grind of sorts today (x amount of challenges) - nothing close to the grind you've just smashed out, but today is a good day nonetheless!! Looking forward to the write up! Today's and Monday's ?

Thanks! And excellent work so far on Trials Fusion as well, your progress in it has been incredible thus far!
I should've probably added, but due to timezone differences it may be quite a while for me to upload the next review! In Australia, it's just the beginning of Sunday (around midnight), so I'm gonna hop to bed for now! ? But anyway, I'll do my best to create a nice write up for sure!

• Like 1