Are you willing to spend $10 on 7 trophies?

leonaustin

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance is $30 with 5 trophies... I don't think this trophy to price ratio is a good way to determine quality imo.

To answer the OP, it depends. If I found this game interesting, sure, I would spend $10 for 7 trophies, but I would look at it from the perspective of I spent $10 for Cats of War if you catch my drift.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Well, this one doesn't look like my cup of tea, but I'll tell you what...

...if I ever start looking at gaming through the lens of a price-to-trophy ratio, I'll know that in the battle between my demons and my better angels, the better angels lost.

There's wisdom here.  Playtime versus price is one thing (and something I can get behind), but trophy quantity versus price is a curious thing.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, leonaustin said:

Obviously trophies are not the only reason to get a game, but I've watched the trailer for this game and it doesn't look very interesting, if you do want a quick 5minute 100%, I guess this game is for you if you don't mind the $10 price tag.

you should check leaderboarder of psn profile as for them that is the only reason to buy those 1 hr games

3 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Devs blew it here

I think the devs actually nailed it here. They're doing exactly what they intended. They're not trying to pander to niche trophy hunters, they're appealing to a different niche:

https://4gladiators.no/about-us/

4 Gladiators is a small video game studio in Oslo, Norway.
We focus on making fun couch co-op and 4 player split screen games.
Our goal is to make the best local multiplayer experience for players of all ages.

Our focus
Local couch multiplayer has long been a resting and hidden genre, while online gaming has been on the rise. This is no longer the case. Games like Rocket League, Overcooked and Call of Duty have proven, that the genre has awakened and is a strong competitor to the growing online multiplayer. That’s where we come in – We specialize on this type of genre.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I think the devs actually nailed it here. They're doing exactly what they intended. They're not trying to pander to niche trophy hunters, they're appealing to a different niche:

https://4gladiators.no/about-us/

Then why not make a decent trophy list? If you're going to make a 5 minute list, why would you not take advantage of potentially a few hundred extra sales for people that just want the easy plat?

Seems like an odd hill to die on, but what do I know. Maybe they are planning lots of DLC down the road.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Well, this one doesn't look like my cup of tea, but I'll tell you what...

...if I ever start looking at gaming through the lens of a price-to-trophy ratio, I'll know that in the battle between my demons and my better angels, the better angels lost.

? I'm dying, well executed in words

That's a thumbsup of epic magnitudes 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Then why not make a decent trophy list?

Because, like a lot of devs, I'm guessing that the trophies are an afterthought maintenance item and they added them because they had to?

6 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Seems like an odd hill to die on

That's a bit fatalistic for a developer who doesn't really look like they're concerned about "dying" merely because they didn't have a platinum trophy in their game.

2 hours ago, czDante92 said:

Not even for platinum, 2 dollars is my limit for these trophy-bait games. Sorry, but that looks just dreadful, I can pick several great games I don't own yet for 10 bucks.

This^

Anything over £1-2 is excessive for trophy bait trash like this, especially when the completion time is only a matter of minutes. The only reason I'd ever play it is if I'm either extremely bored or my morbid curiosity gets the better of me.