Will Sony ban people in the future with Platinum like these?

Jeffboy265

3 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Well they did just revamp the whole trophy leveling system. So maybe a single, solitary fuck, but it's already been spent.

I should have made it clearer. Sony doesn't care about the legitimacy of trophies, a user will never be banned for explicitly "cheating" on any trophy, whether for debug modes, or any other reason.

No. It is bad form to ban people on rules that didn't exist at the time. Sony would be losing themselves fans and money for no reason if they did this.

The only thing that could happen relating to this would be if Sony at some point revamped the system and made changes that either heavily reduced the points given by these quick platinums or make them worth 0. 

No you won’t get banned lol. Lots of games on ps5 have instant plats if you unlocked the platinum on ps4. And even the trophies unlock all out of order. Examples of this are Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order, Ghost of Tsushima, Plague Tale etc. There’s more games than that. But just an example I had all my trophies unlock completely out of order.

Further than that back when I got my PS5 I loaded up Borderlands 3 and it only unlocked 3 trophies and they were for late game discovering all locations and nothing else which is impossible. But someone just looking at my profile would think I glitched them which I didn’t. Just the stupid way the game popped trophies on ps5 since I earned them on PS4 version. 

Also how would op consider it “cheating” to use a text skip function in easy platinum games? It’s a function put in by the developers. And people buy the games specifically cause they’re an easy platinum. And Sony takes a cut from the sale. That’s all they care about. Do you actually think people read the games of Sakura Succubus and others? I’m sure someone out there does but to each their own. Only visual novel games I didn’t use the skip function on were Doki Doki and some of Root Letter. 

Of course you will not get banned for this.

Its like skipping a cut-scene. 

This is not a cheat or hack or whatever. Its a feature. 

And i´ve never heard Sony banning players for cheated trophies. They dont have the time or money to spend on that. 

15 minutes ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Feel like this whole thread is just bait to start another shitstorm on EZPZ trophies.

I'm surprised these threads stay open as long as they do because they just devolve into the same arguments every time

• Like 2

Also another thing came to my mind.

Do you know that in GTA V if you die a few times you can skip the whole mission?

So you will not get the trophy if the mission gives trophy on completion.

You can get trohpy if you do the whole mission if i remember correctly.

Edited by sve_1991_