Farming Crystal Shards

cferguson9595

• 2 weeks later...

The quickest way to to level crafters from level 1 is just craft everything in your crafting log once, you get a bonus batch of xp the first time you create something, make sure you do your crafting class quests when you unlock them every 5 levels, and you can also press ctrl + u to bring up timers in the game (no idea of the keybind on controller sorry) . On the timers screen you should be able to see grand company deliveries once you unlock them ( i don't remember when ), they will ask for items from your crafters or gatherers daily relative to your level, it's super good xp especially if you hand in high quality items. Once you get high enough unlocking the Firmament is great for crafting and gathering but I believe you need to finish most of the Heavensward main story first to unlock it.

As for gatherers at level 1, same as crafters try and gather in different areas gathering all items you find that you haven't yet as you get the bonus for gathering the first time, you can also do those grand company deliveries for gatherers also. Don't forget class quests again. Finally, do make sure to keep an eye on your ''Levequest'' count, you get 3 allowances every 12 hours real time for these, levequests are extremely good for leveling gatherers especially in my experience but can definitely also be used on crafters for decent xp, you get them from ''Levemete'' npc's which can be found in all the main cities and in certain places in other zones also. I hope this helps somehow and isn't too confusing.

P.S If I remember correctly, every crafters first or second class quest will give you 100 or more crystal shards which helps a ton when starting out, so I recommend unlocking all of the crafters ASAP and doing their first quest for the free shards.

• Like 1