Sorted my games into folders

GoonerLukeThe

So I've just sorted the games saved on my ps4 into folders, I have "New Games", "Needs 100%" and "Resident Evil"

I have 9 games saved in the new games folder, basically ones I haven't touched yet

Layers of Fear 2

Bloodborne

Battlefield 5

God of War 5

Star Wars Jedi Academy

Days Gone

South Park the stick of truth

Cod MW2 Remastered

Bully

Then in needs 100% I have 13 games

Subnautica - I will do the easy quick way of this, I already did a tiny little bit

Streets of Rage 4 - Going to share play this one so I can get 4 players including myself rather then just 2 (makes more sense if you know the game)

God of War 3 Remastered - basically need to beat the challenges

The Bridge - got annoyed at some puzzles but will go back to it

Word search by Powgi - most likely will delete this because it's pretty much cba

Super Meat Boy - play on this in small doses

Wolfenstein the new order - almost have the plat

Spyro - at the end of spyro 2 but stopped playing it a while ago (will go back)

Kona - a quick game that I need to go back to

Heavy Rain - played it on years ago but only did 1 playthrough

House Flipper - need to get the dlc but it's to expensive for what it is right now

Layers of Fear - need all the collectibles and then play the dlc

Stranger Things 3 - got stuck on the last boss and never went back, but I will do

and then the last folder is Resi Evil which has Resi 0 to 6 in :) only played on resi 0 so far

My backlog is pretty big and annoying but glad I sorted it into folders

What's yours looking like?

• Like 1

Interesting topic, this is my OCD story. Whilst maybe most of your are looking through your trophy lists, I spend a lot of time flicking through my folders staring at icons.

I also have a priority thing going on in each folder, with games on the far left being higher priority. I fiddle with this order daily. If I happen to see a youtube movie of one of these games, my interest in playing it might perk up a few notches to the left, but then I perhaps remember it's a 100 hour game so with that it might get relegated again to the right.

I have 6 folders

Fave

Wife

ToFinish

ToStart

VR

After

Not necessarily "Fave"ourite but this is "games on the go", they go into my Fave folder which is usually 2 or 3 games.

"Wife" is games I play with my wife, mostly Overcooked and puzzle games.

Back burner games go into "ToFinish" when maybe they are close to done, there's maybe just some shit trophy that requires a long grind, or maybe I feel like I need a break for the game

World record holder is Killing Floor 2, it never leaves this folder even though it's usually at 100%

"ToStart" is my awful depressing folder that teases me everytime I dare look into it.

Basically, all the games that I have installed but daren't start due to "ToFinish" being pretty fully. Some of the install dates of games in this folder go back as far as 2016...

If I feel like kicking myself when I am down, I go into there and let the PS4 menu music depress me further whilst I glance at old numbers.

VR is a general folder of any type of game, finished, not started or not, just because it's easier to keep that stuff separate. And also because last time I tried my VR unit, it wouldn't switch on, so here I am years later, not having played any VR games for a while as it's a pain to get the unit out.

"After" is essentially my "Fave" folder, the very few games that I still play after 100% go into here, most of them are Arcade Archives since I love arcades and also because they take up so little space.

[edit] Oh yes, reading other people's replies. I have an "Other" folder to put all the shit in there which I can't seem to delete. Thankfully that folder stays far right so I literally just forget about it.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

I typically sort the games under the Series name, Persona games go in the Persona folder, Resident Evil goes in the Resident Evil folder and such. The leftover games that don't have a series tend to go in a folder named after their genre, like RPG, FPS, Racing, etc. My greatest gripe is that we can't sort the folders alphabetically, as the most recent games make the folders move up in front.

Edited by dakk55
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, dakk55 said:

My greatest gripe is that we can't sort the folders alphabetically, as the most recent games make the folders move up in front.

I hate this too, it's especially annoying when you are downloading multiple games and you put them in folders before they are finished. No idea what order stuff is going to be put in.

I have no folders cause I'm on Playstation 5... *tears ensue*

But my old Folders used to be
Ez-Plats
Games
Indie Games
Now Games.

Used to have Disc Games but went through a few disc-drive replacements then entirely got rid of it. Even to this day, the discdrive is out of the ps4, and the board to the drive is still hooked up to the motherboard so it can update still.

Edited by Gecko-Byte
My ps4 folder names

I take full advantage of this feature. Could possibly get more pedantic & up to 20 folders but currently I have:

BD JPN (Import disc installs) 15 games

BD WST (local disc installs) 22 games

Completed (stuff I might play post-completion) 51 games

Completed PSVR (same as above but VR) 41 games

FTG (fighters) 25 games

Long Games Digital (mostly RPGs) 20 games

PS PLUS (mostly old ones when they gave out 2D stuff) 47 games

PSN (general digital games folder) 120 games

PSVR (can never have enough) 84 games

SPAM (Mostly longer easy games) 28 games

Spiele (Simulators & Euro love) 29 games

Stacks (mostly VR & longer stuff) 21 games

STG (2D shooting/Run & Gun, completed stuff also stays in here) 131 games

Stuff (Capture gallery, web browser etc) 7 apps

WIP (Incomplete stuff already on list) 22 games

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gecko-Byte said:

I have no folders cause I'm on Playstation 5... *tears ensue*

Wut?! Is that true?

Even PSP has folders...

Imagine if Windows 11 came out without folders, there would be a riot.

Folders, a key part of computer operating systems since the 1960s..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Wut?! Is that true?

Even PSP has folders...

Imagine if Windows 11 came out without folders, there would be a riot.

Folders, a key part of computer operating systems since the 1960s..

Sadly man, yeah it is 110% true. You only get a library and you cannot even place your games and or apps properly on the XMB menu, it will go in order you played. With most recently downloaded coming first as well....

The library is not able to be sorted in any manor either.

The worst part is the trophies line themselves horizontally in squares as well, so its very hard to look through a list (next update is changing this to vertical again)

You get 10 apps/games on XMB and the rest will fall under your Library tab.
3 of these apps are mandatory and do not ever leave this area. (Store, PsNow and PsPlus)

Edited by Gecko-Byte
Numbers

Songs That Never End

Games that keep getting content. Division, Destiny, Killing Floor, and so on.

NeedsOT

Needs online trophies. I try to prioritize these, I put them in this folder so I don't forget. I still do, but it's the thought that counts.

So Close

Needs a trophy, maybe a few. Probably a grind left to do.

Games for the GF. It's mostly Lego.

PSPlus

Try to clean this up because I often let the subscription run out. If it's a bad month, I won't put in the new code until a good month comes up. So I try to keep my PSPlus backlog low.

FAT

For motivational purposes. Everything else goes here.

I guess I'm a mix of both. I have folders by genre such as Action-Adventure, FPS/TPS, Fighting, and so on which are labeled in (Parenthesis). However for games where I have a series I dedicate a folder to them such as Resident Evil and Assassin's Creed and these are labeled in {Braces}. Finally, I have a folder dedicated to games that I am currently playing or trying to Plat/100% in a folder called, well, Current in [Brackets]; just so I can find games quickly without going through 10 folders.

Side note, am I the only one who would like to be able to put folders in folders?

• Like 2

My folders on PS4 are:

PTP (plan to play) Physical: Self explanatory, games I have the physical disc for that I plan to play at some point.

PTP Digital: Games I have digitally, that I plan to play.

Physical Complete: Physicals games I've completed. This folder rarely has more than 4-5 games in it because I usually delete games when I've completed them, but I keep a few that I may occasionally still play even after I've platinumed them.

Digital Complete: Digital games I've completed. Tends to have more games than the physical folder, because re-downloading games usually takes longer than installing them off a disc. Still not too many games in here.

PS Plus: As you can probably imagine, this folder has my PS+ games.

Evergreen: Games that aren't really meant to be "completed" and can be played indefinitely for the most part (e.g. Minecraft). Barely touch this folder nowadays though.

Current Backlog: What was originally meant to be games I'm currently playing/focusing on, this folder has since become more of a "games I've started but dropped but haven't dropped 'fully' yet" folder. They're games I do intend to give more of a chance eventually.

Played Before: Games I've previously played on other systems (e.g. Resident Evil 4, Slime Rancher, Jak 1, etc.) that I've since re-obtained for PS4. This folder doesn't get too much attention since I don't prioritise replaying games, but they're there for whenever I do feel the urge.

Might Platinum: Games I haven't platinumed, but may do eventually (probably not).

I've had to re-do them like two or three times now though, thanks to database rebuilds and my profile becoming corrupt once. It takes like an hour to re-organise them because I have something like 300-400 games installed/downloaded currently. I probably won't bother ever re-creating them again if I need to, it's not like I have this luxury on most other systems (like Switch). I do have a spreadsheet for my massive backlog anyway, it would just make them more of a pain to find on the console itself.

• Like 1

Personally, I think it is quicker to not use folders than to try and remember which game I put in which folder.

Everything I’ve played recently is already on the Home Screen and if I need to play something older, it is a quick R2 to auto-scroll to the Library, then Games, and they are sorted alphabetically.

Takes less than 5-10 seconds to start any game and no maintenance or folder memory needed ?

• Like 3

I have 68 games installed atm and I sort them by genre, kinda burned down with trophies at the moment so I've been slowly playing my backlog and downloading new games as I finish others, it's been a slow process since I have less time and since my husband is getting into gaming  I've been guiding him with some games most of the time now.

Edited by Sunnyburrito