Favorite Companion and Why?

tranquility101

What's your favorite Companion?! Why are they so rad and what situation do you use them in?

I only have one unlocked ? 

Spoiler

Skelly

I find him useful as he helps take some pressure off during boss fights, I usually pop him during Atreus fight or final boss. I feel like I'm doing friendly fire, though I'm not sure? 

Meg's for sure. Instant 2500 damage. If you position well you can hit both Theseus and Atreus during their boss fight,3-4 witches during one of the mini-boss fight in the second area,etc. Very good for clearing mini-boss room fast. My second favorite is prob Sisyphus's companian. 1000 damage with a little bit of healing and money. Good for farming darkness runs. Problem with Skelly's companian is your attacks can also damage him so if you are playing a close range weapon Skelly might be killed by your attacks. 

• Like 1

Used Skelly until unlocked Battie from Meg. Most useful in my opinion, especially if upgraded at least 3-4 times. It deals the most damage of all companions. Mort from Thanatos technically does more but is very unreliable because takes too long to cast.

Aside from usefulness, when you get them all - you should try them against all bosses. All Interactions are funny. Especially Dusa and Skelly against Hades.

• Like 2

Thanks Hades fam! Learned something from every post so far ? Haven't had much luck unlocking Meg's Companion yet but I'm fully Nectar'd out on her so hopefully it will pop soon, 2500 damage sounds nuts! The Rock One and Extra Darkness ones sound awesome too ?

The developers are really something for putting so many interactions into the game -- always get a kick out of 'em! One time Meg's sister said during Boss Fight 1 "mrrdrr'Zrr" and Zagreus was shocked it was almost like she was trying to say his name ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TemplePilot said:

How do you equip a companion?  

Once you've finished the game certain NPCs will give the cthonic companion when their relationship is high enough. You might have to do their side prophecy to unlock their remaining hearts or just repeatedly talk to them.

Once they super like you they give you a companion they are seen in the equip cage thing under the golden tiles, and you can select them there

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TemplePilot said:

Can you not use Meg on the Hades fight or am I doing something wrong?  It always says that she’s unavailable when I try to use her there.

From the Hades Wiki:

Summons vs Hades

At first, only Shady and Rib may be used against Hades. However, once you have forged a sufficient bond with him and a few others, he will grant you authority to use any of the companions against him.

This authority requires:

• Like 2

On 9/5/2021 at 2:43 AM, NMErickson said:

From the Hades Wiki:

Summons vs Hades

At first, only Shady and Rib may be used against Hades. However, once you have forged a sufficient bond with him and a few others, he will grant you authority to use any of the companions against him.

This authority requires:

Thank you!  I got the hearts unlocked, but the game still won’t let me give him any nectar.  Guess I just have to keep doing runs until a story beat unlocks?

• Like 1