Resistance Mode adds one Trophy

Elite_Sniper001

So I'm also on the last 3 missions (saving for tomorrow) and I can say that the mode isn't that hard, but will kick your ass.

The Nigel fight is probably the hardest fight in the game and they're 4-5 mandatory fights but they provide good cover and vantage spots. There are also 2-4 mandatory police chase sequences but these start off at 1 or 2 stars and shouldn't pose that much of a problem.

You can cheese through 80-90% of the missions by using a level 3 spider-bot, yes, even the mandatory defense hacks where as initiating the hack will call reinforcements. For normal hacks just stand outside the red areas; for the defensive hacks tuck yourself away in hidden places outside the red areas as riot drones patrol after you initiate the hack. Spider-Bot can also physically interact with things that don't have to do with technology such as investigations with a couple of exceptions.

I used Aiden like a lot of people here, and the be honest I kind of think he is a requirement for this mode. I barely had ammo left after all the mandatory encounters, keeping in mind that Aiden has access to 2 weapons' and can buff his damage. Also his Blackout ability causes all drones to shut down as well as distracts humans giving you time to switch cover or do damage.

Update: Couldn't sleep finished the game and got the trophy. The final time was 11h 49, not including having to upload cloud saves.

Edited by BestUsername----
  • Like 3

On 29-8-2021 at 2:09 AM, BestUsername---- said:

So I'm also on the last 3 missions (saving for tomorrow) and I can say that the mode isn't that hard, but will kick your ass.

The Nigel fight is probably the hardest fight in the game and they're 4-5 mandatory fights but they provide good cover and vantage spots. There are also 2-4 mandatory police chase sequences but these start off at 1 or 2 stars and shouldn't pose that much of a problem.

You can cheese through 80-90% of the missions by using a level 3 spider-bot, yes, even the mandatory defense hacks where as initiating the hack will call reinforcements. For normal hacks just stand outside the red areas; for the defensive hacks tuck yourself away in hidden places outside the red areas as riot drones patrol after you initiate the hack. Spider-Bot can also physically interact with things that don't have to do with technology such as investigations with a couple of exceptions.

I used Aiden like a lot of people here, and the be honest I kind of think he is a requirement for this mode. I barely had ammo left after all the mandatory encounters, keeping in mind that Aiden has access to 2 weapons' and can buff his damage. Also his Blackout ability causes all drones to shut down as well as distracts humans giving you time to switch cover or do damage.

Update: Couldn't sleep finished the game and got the trophy. The final time was 11h 49, not including having to upload cloud saves.

These are some great tips thank you very much. I'm struggling harder with this annoying dlc then I thought.

Did you also clean oppressed areas or grind tech points? I've been getting some tech points but I'm already having a hard time in the early missions when doing gun fights lol.

46 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

These are some great tips thank you very much. I'm struggling harder with this annoying dlc then I thought.

Did you also clean oppressed areas or grind tech points? I've been getting some tech points but I'm already having a hard time in the early missions when doing gun fights lol.

I picked up 0 tech points all of the tech points I received were from missions, not every mission gives them but those that do gives out 20 points. Like most games on hard mode the beginning is the hardest, but as you near the end it does get easier.

The last 3 missions (not counting the party mission) gives out a warning of sort where entering certain areas of the game lock you out of changing operatives. I believe these sections of the game allow you to die and restart at a checkpoint with no permadeath. I say "I believe" because I died on the Nigel fight and the final mission, where you swap between 2 operatives, and was allowed to continue, not so sure on the Zero-Day bunker mission as I did not die there.

Also, not sure if you want it, but here are the tech point upgrades I invested in:

First and foremost I upgraded the Spider-Bot to level 3.

Second, I decided to get the armor upgrade for 60.

Thirdly, I got the ability to jam targets (not weapons) as distracting enemies allows for a free takedown even if they spot you.

Fourth, I decided to get the AR cloak to level 3. This isn't needed at the beginning but it might help with combat encounters especially the Nigel fight.

Fifth, I got the pistol upgrade. This was a mistake on my part so you can skip this unless you use an operative with a default pistol. If not save it or invest it in something else, maybe the weapon jam ability.

Sixth, my last ability was the turret disable ability. I got this on the second to last level which worked out well, because they're a lot of turrets but you can skip this one as well as there is plenty of cover.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

I picked up 0 tech points all of the tech points I received were from missions, not every mission gives them but those that do gives out 20 points. Like most games on hard mode the beginning is the hardest, but as you near the end it does get easier.

The last 3 missions (not counting the party mission) gives out a warning of sort where entering certain areas of the game lock you out of changing operatives. I believe these sections of the game allow you to die and restart at a checkpoint with no permadeath. I say "I believe" because I died on the Nigel fight and the final mission, where you swap between 2 operatives, and was allowed to continue, not so sure on the Zero-Day bunker mission as I did not die there.

Also, not sure if you want it, but here are the tech point upgrades I invested in:

First and foremost I upgraded the Spider-Bot to level 3.

Second, I decided to get the armor upgrade for 60.

Thirdly, I got the ability to jam targets (not weapons) as distracting enemies allows for a free takedown even if they spot you.

Fourth, I decided to get the AR cloak to level 3. This isn't needed at the beginning but it might help with combat encounters especially the Nigel fight.

Fifth, I got the pistol upgrade. This was a mistake on my part so you can skip this unless you use an operative with a default pistol. If not save it or invest it in something else, maybe the weapon jam ability.

Sixth, my last ability was the turret disable ability. I got this on the second to last level which worked out well, because they're a lot of turrets but you can skip this one as well as there is plenty of cover.

Thanks again! Currently I went a bit out of my way and already got a bunch of upgrades before starting the story stuff.

- spiderbot x3

- Pistol x2 (I don't see a reason to get the silencer)

- MP3 SMG x3 - I got a very easy place to get 1 area cleared.

- Turret Hack x3

I'll focus on the upgrades you mentioned. Also good to know you can die on the Nigel fight as I'm really scared for that part.

Do you remember if you can also hide in the Clan kelly final mission? I remember the huge Mansion where you have to download something and a lot of enemy waves will come before you can encounter Mary Kelley "boss fight"/Cutscene.

I Can't really remember any other difficult part of the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deluziion90 said:

Thanks again! Currently I went a bit out of my way and already got a bunch of upgrades before starting the story stuff.

- spiderbot x3

- Pistol x2 (I don't see a reason to get the silencer)

- MP3 SMG x3 - I got a very easy place to get 1 area cleared.

- Turret Hack x3

I'll focus on the upgrades you mentioned. Also good to know you can die on the Nigel fight as I'm really scared for that part.

Do you remember if you can also hide in the Clan kelly final mission? I remember the huge Mansion where you have to download something and a lot of enemy waves will come before you can encounter Mary Kelley "boss fight"/Cutscene.

I Can't really remember any other difficult part of the game.

So, they're 3 hacks that will send waves after you when you initiate them: the Clan Kelly Hack that acts as a Mary boss fight, a hack in an Albion building (sorry forgot the mission), and a hack on a bridge during "Defanging the Flock. As for the Nigel fight, a lot of the difficulty can be alleviated if you remember where the hacks are going to be and their solutions.

For the Clan Kelly hack, I stayed outside and staying unseen when I initiated the hack. When I started it and they were alerted it I quickly turned on the spider bots cloak and ran into the room in front of you. It's an L shaped room though I noticed that you can go into the elevators room so maybe that's a safer bet. After the hack though the hard part is having to go into the mansion and make it to the elevator.

For the Albion hack, again I stayed outside. When I started the hack I dropped down to the lower levels. In one of the corners is a couple of boxes and a table the spider bot can go underneath. They can still see you but at certain angles they can't hit you, you might have to do this in multiple tries however as I might have gotten lucky with only 1 person in a position to shoot the bot.

For the last defense hack, I stayed on a scaffold that leads to a window just entering the red area. Make your way to the top and initiate the hack. When you start drop down the ladder and find some crates that allow you to jump in between a layer just underneath the top floor.

The combat encounters that were mandatory that I remember were: the fights in the Prologue, Into the Void, The Malik Dossier, The Face of the Enemy, and Hard Reset.

Also during Hunting Zero day you have to tail Emma Child. The problem is the checkpoints still alert authorities, however I failed in tailing Emma but still completed the mission. 

Also, also. Some mission objectives are strange. Many times when I'm about to die I just quit to the menu and restart. This is inconsistent but as an example, you have to physical hack a terminal to get into Nigel's boss fight. I got caught and was about to die. When I quit and restart, I just had to open the door to his arena with all the enemies de-agroed. Might help with some missions.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, anotherfangirl said:

Wow, this mode is really kicking my butt ? I can't even get past the “Into the Void” combat section, I tried it five times already. I want the 100% ?

I just did the ‘into the void’ mission. I haven’t got the season pass so don’t have the extra characters but went in with a spy. As the enemies appear I make sure I up on the 2nd level out of the way by the machine you turn off. When the enemies appeared they didn’t know I was up there and started patrolling. I took them out as they came up the stairs just by being at the top and popping over and shooting them with a silenced pistol tho sure any gun would do. When they were aware of me and I killed someone they tended to run back and then come forward again slowly so wasn’t too bad.

• Like 1

So my resistance mode save is bugged somehow and now plays at like 2-3 frames per second. My old regular save still works fine, but since the game is all auto save, I’m pretty sure I just have to restart, even though I’m 6-7 hours in.  Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

11 hours ago, muddybloke said:

I just did the ‘into the void’ mission. I haven’t got the season pass so don’t have the extra characters but went in with a spy. As the enemies appear I make sure I up on the 2nd level out of the way by the machine you turn off. When the enemies appeared they didn’t know I was up there and started patrolling. I took them out as they came up the stairs just by being at the top and popping over and shooting them with a silenced pistol tho sure any gun would do. When they were aware of me and I killed someone they tended to run back and then come forward again slowly so wasn’t too bad.

9 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

When approaching Into the void also make sure you upload Sky to the server and don't kill her. That saves you an extra wave of enemies.

Thank you both, I will try this today after work - it sounds really helpful ?

@BestUsername---- Can't thank you enough for the tips. I'm almost done I'm around 75% done seeing the mission list on the WD Wiki page. I've got one last question if you don't mind.

Can you recall at what point the trophy pops when finishing the mission? I want to make a Cloud save using the Ubisoft connect but I want to push it to the very last end if possible before the trophy pops so I don't have to fight anything if possible on the ps4 version.

Some tips I used so far which could be useful

Pick your most useless shitty Operator on the mission: Smoking Gun - Investigate The Stage,

You'll get kidnapped and the operator can't be used for a while. Best not to get kidnapped with Wrench or Aiden :)

Kill Box: When you get raided all over the place by albion, just quit to main menu and continue. Mission complete :P

Edited by Deluziion90
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

@BestUsername---- Can't thank you enough for the tips. I'm almost done I'm around 75% done seeing the mission list on the WD Wiki page. I've got one last question if you don't mind.

Can you recall at what point the trophy pops when finishing the mission? I want to make a Cloud save using the Ubisoft connect but I want to push it to the very last end if possible before the trophy pops so I don't have to fight anything if possible on the ps4 version.

Yeah, my trophy popped right after the post credits screen where Bagley survives being "killed". I was awarded the trophy after gaining control of my character again and when the Mission Complete banner popped up. This was on PS4.

So in theory you can make a save right before walking up to Bagley's server and ripping it out. However, I don't know if making a save mid mission 100% would work. If anything you can make a save right before climbing the scaffold and starting Hard Rest. 

• Like 1

Confirmed! Auto-pop does work without doing any effort

Quit the game when you have to disable the 3 servers just before killing Bagley. I just popped the PS4 version first where I didn't play for a single minute beforehand. 

Total time was 10h 34min + a bunch of cloud saves.

Only used Aiden & Wrench.

• Like 3

For some reason i can't play with Wrench or Aiden.

I read that if, like me, you bought the season pass on a secondary account, you can't claim the characters in your main account campaign.

I'm still really early in my run but i can tell you it might be worth it to free all regions to get "better" characters. It's really easy and fast to do and you won't have to worry about checkpoints aswell. Also you can pick up a lot of tech points easy peasy while doing this. 

On 8/31/2021 at 11:11 PM, Shipwreck24273 said:

The Cass fight is unbalanced and unfair AF.  The drones are too much.  Is there a strat?  I’ve tried killing the guards, not killing the guards, nothing is working.  I’m using the Albion employee and I can’t get past the second EMP.

Got past it with help from the friendly neighborhood Spider-Bot. Thanks to Veftx for his video.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, anotherfangirl said:

Any tips for the mission The Malik Dossier? I'm having trouble rebooting the 3 servers while fighting waves of enemies and microwave drones 1f613.png I always get killed.

Yeah that one sucks. I used the professional hitman you get from clearing one of the boroughs, but any operative with a big machine gun should be fine (Albion guard for instance). I liked the hitman because she was fast and her combat roll came in handy.  Just keep moving! I kept running around the perimeter of the room and tried to ignore the people enemies as much as I could. New drones will re-attack servers in the same order that you take them out so keep that in mind.  Climb the pipes to get to the upper level instead of using the stairs.  As soon as Bagley is done uploading or downloading (I can’t remember which it was) get out of there and hit the button in the first room.  Doing so will despawn any enemies that are still trying to kill you.  Also, make a backup save before you start just in case!  Hope that helps; good luck! ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, anotherfangirl said:

Any tips for the mission The Malik Dossier? I'm having trouble rebooting the 3 servers while fighting waves of enemies and microwave drones 1f613.png I always get killed.

I don’t know If this was a glitch on tied to the download percent, I noticed that killing Albion guards they eventually stopped spawning. So maybe focus on them and then turn your attention towards the drones interrupting the download. After a while though combat drones spawn in instead of Albion guards. 

Edited by BestUsername----
  • Like 2

Will be one of the few games I’m leaving at <100% (Xbox). I loved 2, but this was a massive disappointment in comparison and I also had bugs in both the base game and dlc that required 2nd play through a each. Not doing this, not worth it just for my self-imposed completion compulsion. 

Best of luck to those who decide to do so! 

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 1