How Hard To Platinum this Game?

Fawazc98

Honestly

honestly dude, Ive been at it for weks and i cant do it, i need help bro

Well, there's not much I can do because it's all about luck. You can play like a pro but it doesn't matter if the game fucks you up. I hated this game because of its randomness. 

• Like 1

Well, there's not much I can do because it's all about luck. You can play like a pro but it doesn't matter if the game fucks you up. I hated this game because of its randomness. 

If you play well, every level is completely doable in no time. The first time i played the game, it took me like 4-5 hours to complete every death mode levels.

They are all really short, so yes of course you'll sometime lack a bit of luck, but you can retry really quick and it shouldnt take more than half an hour to beat any single stage

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This game is infuriatingly hard i just finished it i raged non stop on the death mode levels though.

Yea, that's pretty much the purpose of the Death Mode =D

I wonder what the rarity would be if not for auto popping.

Probably Rare at best. There is still considerable amount of people that completed it.

Heck, they had to for the auto-pop =D

Plus, we need to consider that the amount of owners would go down as well as there wouldn't be any reason to load the trophy list, let alone buy different region versions.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

• 7 months later...

I'd say this is 6/10. As long as you accept that 75% of the Death Mode chances are legitimately not passable, and that it is more a game of patience and just enjoying the groove of the music. I noticed people try to sit and get the whole Plat in 90 minutes, then quit out of frustration. I just focused on 1-2 DM songs per day and it went pretty smoothly. 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Death mode is hard but possible to beat but it's a good game so pointless avoiding a game just over difficult trophies. Death mode is really the only hard thing about that game. It would be pretty boring if everything was easy all the time.

Edited by Brettyboy888

As some others said the only difficulty is death mode.  Probably what makes it so challenging is the fact it is sometimes random luck on how the orbs location is generated.  There are some levels where you can play perfectly and beat the time by 5-7 seconds while others you still have 5-7 orbs to go (this even can happen within the same level). It is just about being patient and minimizing the mistakes so when you get a "possible" level you take full advantage of it.

• Like 2

• 4 years later...
On 3/2/2015 at 1:32 PM, Tomoko Kuroki said:

It's 100% luck. It's a 5-10 hour game. Even though it's not long, death mode is the dumbest thing ever. Thermogenic #2 is the worst and most luck base imo.

Even if you play perfect 50 times in a row, you have to hope the notes spawn right in front of you a good 5-10 times in a row, if not, even playing perfectly you won't be able to complete it. There pretty much all like this.

I beat that level on my lunch break yesterday, annoying but not too bad.  

Not an easy trophy, I would say middle, maybe 4 to 6/10 difficulty.

While many have said luck and it's true, for the Death Mode levels there are certain nuances I've learned that players need to pick up on.  

An example, there was a level I think it was death mode for Invaderoids, its with the 3 stars that have orbits with 3 red rocks going up and down.  So I kept doing the level and losing whether by an accident or I would run out of time.  Like a 1/2 hour later I'm still running out of time at 2 notes left.  So then I go watch the youtube video on it and then realize that you can hold Square or R1 to make your character circle around the orbits faster.  I got it like 3 tries later, with 5 seconds to spare.

• 4 weeks later...

Bought the game in 2021. The Autopop has since been long gone so I had to get the platinum legit twice for PS4 and PS3. 

Some levels took me no time whatsoever on PS4 but took almost an hour on PS3 and vice versa. Sure it's skill based but it's overwhelmingly more luck based for sure.

Still a good game tho. Try at your own risk if you wanna go for this plat in 2021.

4 hours ago, RayShuttlesworth said:

Bought the game in 2021. The Autopop has since been long gone so I had to get the platinum legit twice for PS4 and PS3. 

Some levels took me no time whatsoever on PS4 but took almost an hour on PS3 and vice versa. Sure it's skill based but it's overwhelmingly more luck based for sure.

Still a good game tho. Try at your own risk if you wanna go for this plat in 2021.

Same here. Done vita version 6 months ago. Now doing PS3. Its really frustrating in few levels. But was vise versa while doing on Vita.

This is a game where some will find Death Mode hard and others like myself will find it easy. My fastest time for Platinum so far is 1 hour 11 minutes with 100% taking 1 hour 37 minutes and this is without autopop. I remember doing this all in one go and honestly it was a piece of cake. Didn't find it difficult one bit. You just have to get into the rhythm of the game LITERALLY and when you do, this becomes a hell lot easier. There's definitely more luck than skill involved but not by much at all

19 hours ago, ShahinMiah said:

This is a game where some will find Death Mode hard and others like myself will find it easy. My fastest time for Platinum so far is 1 hour 11 minutes with 100% taking 1 hour 37 minutes and this is without autopop. I remember doing this all in one go and honestly it was a piece of cake. Didn't find it difficult one bit. You just have to get into the rhythm of the game LITERALLY and when you do, this becomes a hell lot easier. There's definitely more luck than skill involved but not by much at all

I think "Hard" is not the right word. Like you said, it requires getting into a rhythm and some luck. The interesting thing about death mode is that you can be the greatest sound shapes player the world has ever seen and make no mistakes but still not have enough time to beat a level. Equally, you can be the worst at the game but if your patient enough, you'll get a super lucky spawn pattern.

I think that the game is easy but can be frustrating. It's not like beating Dark Souls or something where the challenge is exactly the same for everybody so only the players make the difference.