30-60fps performance question

First game I actualy notice problems when going for 60fps or it's maybe my setup.

I've chosen Performance and the game feels like its 720p but runs on 60fps ofcourse.

When going for balanced including AMD FSR 1.0 on balanced/performance it still feels like 30fps and not very fluent. Is it just this game that's rather hard for a ps5 to run on 60fps and atleast 1080p or what am I missing.

Just now, s-cyrax said:

Yea. LOL

I have run parallel ps4 and ps5 versions. 60fps mode. PS4 resolution is higher and stable 60. PS5 version 40-45fps and resolution it's bad

Ok good to know it's not me that's rather weird it runs good on ps4 xD.

I'm even playing on a rather high end gaming monitor that has G-Sync 240hz and all that stuff but I've just gone for the worse look as 30fps feels really bad in this game lol

2 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

Ok good to know it's not me that's rather weird it runs good on ps4 xD.

I'm even playing on a rather high end gaming monitor that has G-Sync 240hz and all that stuff but I've just gone for the worse look as 30fps feels really bad in this game lol

I don’t understand how so)) Graphics of ps4 is better than that of ps5)) We are waiting for the patch.

1 hour ago, s-cyrax said:

Yea. LOL

I have run parallel ps4 and ps5 versions. 60fps mode. PS4 resolution is higher and stable 60. PS5 version 40-45fps and resolution it's bad

Which settings did you chose? I have absolutely stable 60 FPS and 1080p in Favour Performance mode. It looks like there is about 30-40 FPS in Balanced Mode (where AMD FSR is active) so I will stay with performance.

3 minutes ago, Hazrielx said:

Which settings did you chose? I have absolutely stable 60 FPS and 1080p in Favour Performance mode. It looks like there is about 30-40 FPS in Balanced Mode (where AMD FSR is active) so I will stay with performance.

Yes. On PS5, 60fps and 1080. PS4 60fps and 1440. 

This is very striking.

26 minutes ago, Hazrielx said:

That's probably the main reason why it looks shit for me cause I'm playing on a 32" monitor which is standard 1440p

7 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

That's probably the main reason why it looks shit for me cause I'm playing on a 32" monitor which is standard 1440p

That might be the reason. I tried FSR modes and ultra quality / quality are the best. You will have about 40 FPS but it looks nice visually. Balanced / Performance FSR modes do not have any sense, look average and FPS is about 45.

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/09/2021 at 9:51 PM, westersburg said:

I thought you guys were just joking but it's really true lmao. How can you make a ps5 version worse than the ps4 version in bc. That's a new one.

Very disappointing, I put off playing this game for months waiting specifically for the ps5 version. Lmao

It better get patched soon.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 23.11.2021 at 9:45 PM, enemy1987dkhr said:

I plan to play this after I finish Red Dead Redemption 2, did they fixed the PS5 version, are they even working on patch, should I postpone it? Anybody got some info?

I just got the game and installed both versions. Being unaware of issues with current gen upgrade, I started with ps5 one and boy, oh boy it looks/performs terribly. 

I'm running performance mode and it looks blury as hell and definitely doesn't keep steady 60 fps. I guess that's the same problem people posted about over a year aho here in this thread, so it wasn't patched by any means. 

I'm about to get both plats as I loved the gameplay in the first game, but it's a shame CI games can't optimize yet another of their games. 

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...