Trophy Thoughts

ziggypossum

8 minutes ago, Ashbo said:

Without checking, what type of game is this mate, do you know??

This is a Survival Horror Game the Developers say they wanna go back to the good old ones, Resident Evil, Alone in the Dark, Silent Hill with a Modern Touch?

List looks good at least platinum not just for playin through the Game :)

I will pick this up 

8 minutes ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

@Optinooby Standard list in Resident evil style ,what do you think?

Awesome mate, thanks for the shout, I hadn't noticed they had gone up. 

Sweet list just like RE, shame there is one for killing 40 enemies, but guess that may be a nice change of pace actually, plus it's only 40!!

I'm stuck into Mortal Shell atm, need to get that sorted xD. 

What do you think, you happy with the list?? Nice to see the 5th game to use the trophy trackers xD

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Sweet list just like RE, shame there is one for killing 40 enemies, but guess that may be a nice change of pace actually, plus it's only 40!!

What do you think, you happy with the list?? Nice to see the 5th game to use the trophy trackers xD

Yeah nice list collectibles, speedrun, kills, no healing and no save run, typical list from Resident Evil. 

the game looks very cool, third horror person game are always welcome, btw have you check Song of Horror? Very similar to this one!! 

Finally trophy trackers one of the next gen features that I like the most 

6 hours ago, Optinooby said:

I'm guessing a minimun of 2 playthroughs, one for collectibles and kills, the other a no save/no healing/speedrun (if it is possible). One thing I didn't like in the demo though, was that the enemies waited for you outside the doors, so when you got out of a room, you couldn't move and had to take the hit. That could be a potential problem.

Voice acting wasn't that good, but hope the story is :)

1 hour ago, angelbless45 said:

I'm guessing a minimun of 2 playthroughs, one for collectibles and kills, the other a no save/no healing/speedrun (if it is possible). One thing I didn't like in the demo though, was that the enemies waited for you outside the doors, so when you got out of a room, you couldn't move and had to take the hit. That could be a potential problem.

Voice acting wasn't that good, but hope the story is :)

Somet like that, or 1 playthrough for the hardcore gamers xD

Did that happen, their position doesn't reset, but a good thing is there health doesn't reset either (think RE0). In the end when I did my 100% speedrun on the demo, I killed them all quite easily.

Wheelchair guy took about 10 nails, the crawlers about 7.

You get quite a lot of files in the demo as well, apparently only 8 of each.

Boss fights will be interesting to see.

Yea the voice acting is real cringe, is literally just alway the same tone, no emotion behind, quite funny I guess like the old REs cheesy lines ;)

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Ashbo said:

Without checking, what type of game is this mate, do you know??

The devs said they were inspired by the classic horror games like RE and Silent Hill. This game has been on my radar since the last year.

You are welcome.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Did that happen, their position doesn't reset, but a good thing is there health doesn't reset either (think RE0). In the end when I did my 100% speedrun on the demo, I killed them all quite easily.

Yea the voice acting is real cringe, is literally just alway the same tone, no emotion behind, quite funny I guess like the old REs cheesy lines ;)

Quick update, powerpyx has published the guide for Tormented, at the moment the plat is unobtainable (Remorse trophy(one of the endings) is glitched) 

• Like 1

https://www.powerpyx.com/tormented-souls-trophy-guide-roadmap/

Tormented Souls Trophy Roadmap

• Estimated trophy difficulty: 5/10
  • Approximate amount of time to platinum: 15-20 hours
  • Offline Trophies: 30 (1trophy, 5trophy, 11trophy, 13trophy)
  • Online Trophies: 0
  • Number of missable trophies: 0, can backtrack through the entire game at any point, except from the final save point in Graveyard
  • Glitched trophies: 1: trophy Remorse (unobtainable for everyone at this time)
  • Does difficulty affect trophies?: No difficulty options
  • Minimum Playthroughs: 2, but 3 recommended
  • Free-Roam / Level Select after Story?: No, can only reload previous saves
  • Release Date: August 27, 2021
  • Like 1

The guides were written without the Day 1 patch installed, which appears to have changed some content, so I will play through it again to make sure the guides are accurate, and also confirm whether this patch fixed the glitched trophy.

EDIT: Unfortunately the trophy is still glitched with the Day 1 patch.

Edited by Archavia

5 hours ago, ziggypossum said:

https://www.powerpyx.com/tormented-souls-trophy-guide-roadmap/

Tormented Souls Trophy Roadmap

• Estimated trophy difficulty: 5/10
  • Approximate amount of time to platinum: 15-20 hours
  • Offline Trophies: 30 (1trophy, 5trophy, 11trophy, 13trophy)
  • Online Trophies: 0
  • Number of missable trophies: 0, can backtrack through the entire game at any point, except from the final save point in Graveyard
  • Glitched trophies: 1: trophy Remorse (unobtainable for everyone at this time)
  • Does difficulty affect trophies?: No difficulty options
  • Minimum Playthroughs: 2, but 3 recommended
  • Free-Roam / Level Select after Story?: No, can only reload previous saves
  • Release Date: August 27, 2021

Thanks for the Guide up quick ;)

15-20hour Plat, is this aimed as a general time to beginners playing blind???

If I was to play the game a lot and try a Platinum Speedrun, could I likely do it in under 5 hours like most REs after optimisation???

Shame it has to be done in 2 playthroughs just for the sake of a different ending ;(. You can't reload end game and do the 2nd ending because No saves means no save to reload, thats a shame 

Have you had any word from the Devs by any chance? Is it defo glitched and they are going to work on a patch, know about it??

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Optinooby said:

Thanks for the Guide up quick ;)

15-20hour Plat, is this aimed as a general time to beginners playing blind???

If I was to play the game a lot and try a Platinum Speedrun, could I likely do it in under 5 hours like most REs after optimisation???

Shame it has to be done in 2 playthroughs just for the sake of a different ending ;(. You can't reload end game and do the 2nd ending because No saves means no save to reload, thats a shame 

Have you had any word from the Devs by any chance? Is it defo glitched and they are going to work on a patch, know about it??

15-20 hours is based on the assumption of doing the first playthrough without assistance for the puzzles. If you use the walkthrough from the beginning and do it in 2 playthroughs you can probably do it in 10, and in a speedrun capacity with high optimisation you can probably do it in 5.

Devs have been made aware of the glitched trophy, however no ETA on the fix. There was a second patch not long ago but sadly that didn't fix it.

On 25/8/2021 at 10:02 PM, Optinooby said:

Ohh didnt know their health didnt reset either, thats nice! and yeah,,, hahaha old Jill Sandwich cheesy xD

Well we got the guide by the PP team,,, so 20 hours is not that much. its good that you can return to previous areas and get the collecitbles though, that means we can do a blind run first just to have that experience :) 

Btw, not sure yet If Im writting a guide for it (guess it depends on how much I like the game :P), are you going to do one buddy?! 

10 minutes ago, angelbless45 said:

Ohh didnt know their health didnt reset either, thats nice! and yeah,,, hahaha old Jill Sandwich cheesy xD

Well we got the guide by the PP team,,, so 20 hours is not that much. its good that you can return to previous areas and get the collecitbles though, that means we can do a blind run first just to have that experience :) 

Btw, not sure yet If Im writting a guide for it (guess it depends on how much I like the game :P), are you going to do one buddy?! 

Yea, I thought off it and gave a quick test, the demo anyway!!

Not a text guide no, I thought u would be xD!!

Yea, apparently things keep getting moved around so I think I need to wait another week in case stuff gets moved again, either that or some thing have RNG placements ;(

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Yea, apparently things keep getting moved around so I think I need to wait another week in case stuff gets moved again, either that or some thing have RNG placements ;(

There's no random factors involved, they've just been changing things with updates. 1.00 to 1.01 had some pretty drastic changes (straight up changing the geometry and assets of some rooms as well as moving collectibles/adjusting puzzles), and 1.01 to 1.02 also had some puzzle adjustments/item movements and that was not even 6 hours after 1.01 released. I'm hoping that the future patches don't move anything around, but guess we'll see.

11 hours ago, Archavia said:

There's no random factors involved, they've just been changing things with updates. 1.00 to 1.01 had some pretty drastic changes (straight up changing the geometry and assets of some rooms as well as moving collectibles/adjusting puzzles), and 1.01 to 1.02 also had some puzzle adjustments/item movements and that was not even 6 hours after 1.01 released. I'm hoping that the future patches don't move anything around, but guess we'll see.

That's good to know thanks! So they have only moved/changed a few things, they haven't implemented a RNG variable into anything which may not have been there b4??

Hate it when Devs do this as it messes it up for us Guide Creators

On 27/8/2021 at 9:02 PM, Optinooby said:

hahaha Well, I might begin to write it (if nobody beats me to it first xD), although Im still dealing with consistency and my memory lol. For example, I know where the items are, but since there are so many in this game, sometimes I forget a nail, or a healing syringe, etc. Also, I know it takes some seconds for the enemies to get repositioned, and I believe that could work either against you (when they obstruct an exit or a path) or in your favor (so you can quickly get out of a room and use the new position to escape). So well, it might take a couple of days to have a speedrun video. 

Ohh yes, I was aiming for a no healing/no save/speedrun, but fater some consideration I think I will leave that to you, otherwise I wont even begin to write anything xD

Lastly, about changing the position of items with the next updates... well, that could be a deal breaker O.O

Edited by angelbless45

1 hour ago, angelbless45 said:

hahaha Well, I might begin to write it (if nobody beats me to it first xD), although Im still dealing with consistency and my memory lol. For example, I know where the items are, but since there are so many in this game, sometimes I forget a nail, or a healing syringe, etc. Also, I know it takes some seconds for the enemies to get repositioned, and I believe that could work either against you (when they obstruct an exit or a path) or in your favor (so you can quickly get out of a room and use the new position to escape). So well, it might take a couple of days to have a speedrun video. 

Ohh yes, I was aiming for a no healing/no save/speedrun, but fater some consideration I think I will leave that to you, otherwise I wont even begin to write anything xD

Lastly, about changing the position of items with the next updates... well, that could be a deal breaker O.O

Won't take you too long will it, seems you have the game sussed already??

How do you mean 'repositioned'?  When you re-enter are they slightly repositioned?? I thought they always stayed in the same spots...?? I've only played the demo though so far xD

What I usually do, and this may not work for you as it does for me, is when I first play a game, I write down the locations of everything, including quantities. I'll usually try a few things as well to figure if things are random, get moved etc. I used to also write EXACTLY where something is, but takes to long so I usually just put an area/room header with everything inside below.

Then each time I play, I have my list and will sort of number them as I play and optimise and keep an eye for anything I missed.

With the numbers, once I start to memorise, I know that the item marked #2 is next, then when on item #33, I looked around for #34 as that is next. The benefit of this for me is although it shows me what order I collect stuff, it also provides my optimal routing through the game. 

Once you have the items and perhaps enemies listed, you can add lots of different numbers to them. For example my green numbering my indicate my no save no healing route and the red numbering my indicate the good ending route!!

This is how I do it, may work for you?? I wanna do these lists on threads ideally online so others can utilise for whatever, thing is that it's so much more convenient to write on paper.

I think I'll be doing no healing on 1st play, then no save speedrun on 2nd with everything else juggled in.

Shame no crowbar only trophy xD, and annoying it's gotta be done in 2 playthroughs just cuz of the 2 different endings ;(, would have been cool going for all trophies in 1 playthrough..........maybe I could still go for a perfect playthrough ;)

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1