Trophy Thoughts

ziggypossum

I would really just want to thank the devs for the awesome story, plot twists, puzzles, gameplay and overall survival horror experience. I wonder why this game doesn't cost at least 40 dollars. 

We need more games like this. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Won't take you too long will it, seems you have the game sussed already??

How do you mean 'repositioned'?  When you re-enter are they slightly repositioned?? I thought they always stayed in the same spots...?? I've only played the demo though so far xD

What I usually do, and this may not work for you as it does for me, is when I first play a game, I write down the locations of everything, including quantities. I'll usually try a few things as well to figure if things are random, get moved etc. I used to also write EXACTLY where something is, but takes to long so I usually just put an area/room header with everything inside below.

Then each time I play, I have my list and will sort of number them as I play and optimise and keep an eye for anything I missed.

With the numbers, once I start to memorise, I know that the item marked #2 is next, then when on item #33, I looked around for #34 as that is next. The benefit of this for me is although it shows me what order I collect stuff, it also provides my optimal routing through the game. 

Once you have the items and perhaps enemies listed, you can add lots of different numbers to them. For example my green numbering my indicate my no save no healing route and the red numbering my indicate the good ending route!!

This is how I do it, may work for you?? I wanna do these lists on threads ideally online so others can utilise for whatever, thing is that it's so much more convenient to write on paper.

I think I'll be doing no healing on 1st play, then no save speedrun on 2nd with everything else juggled in.

Shame no crowbar only trophy xD, and annoying it's gotta be done in 2 playthroughs just cuz of the 2 different endings ;(, would have been cool going for all trophies in 1 playthrough..........maybe I could still go for a perfect playthrough ;)

It is a wonderful idea! normally I just trust memorizing everything and repeat the game several times until I have all the items in my head X_X ... but I'm not 15 anymore hahaha, so your way of doing it sounds much more orderly and efficient! thanks for sharing it!

Regarding the enemies, yes, at first I thought that too, but it seemed very frustrating to me, since even the animation remained, so if you escaped just when they were attacking you, when you re-entered they would finish it and hit you, so then, I tried waiting 5 seconds, 8, 10 ... moving away a room, then two, etc. In the end, I realized that the enemies reposition themselves to their original place, but after a (not short) time.

By the way, a trophy of just using the crowbar would have been interesting! .. although to be honest, I realized you could use it at the end of the game !!, it would have saved me a lot of nails :(

and yes, it's a shame about the endings, but I think you could still go for a perfect playthrough No Save / NoHealing / No Damage / Speedrun and save before making the decisions for the endings, then load the game, make the other decision (when they fix the trophy) and get the platinum. This would make the estimated time for it , in theory and if im not mistaken, something around 3 hours. 

Having said that, if you make maps like in SOTN, I will gladly borrow them xD

Edited by angelbless45

3 hours ago, angelbless45 said:

Regarding the enemies, yes, at first I thought that too, but it seemed very frustrating to me, since even the animation remained, so if you escaped just when they were attacking you, when you re-entered they would finish it and hit you, so then, I tried waiting 5 seconds, 8, 10 ... moving away a room, then two, etc. In the end, I realized that the enemies reposition themselves to their original place, but after a (not short) time.

Making thanks for letting me know this, you have now saved me an hours work perhaps of testing ;)

it's a shame about the endings, but I think you could still go for a perfect playthrough No Save / NoHealing / No Damage / Speedrun and save before making the decisions for the endings, then load the game, make the other decision (when they fix the trophy) and get the platinum. This would make the estimated time for it , in theory and if im not mistaken, something around 3 hours. 

But you can't do this, you can't save before last boss because No Save remember xD. You have to sacrifice one, either the No Save trophy or 1 of the ending trophies!!

A perfect play would be everything except for bad ending I think

Having said that, if you make maps like in SOTN, I will gladly borrow them xD

Thing is with making maps is it takes so long mate so don't think I'm going to do much now, perhaps only when I'm doing a text guide

Edited by Optinooby

1 hour ago, Optinooby said:

Making thanks for letting me know this, you have now saved me an hours work perhaps of testing ;)

hahaha ,my pleasure xD.. ohh btw, I will send you a part of my run from today, I think somehow (yeah, I will say it since I havent seen it online yet). I got an "unlimited crow bar gun" for a moment xD ... it was really weird, because I was frustrated about the nail gun getting jammed and switched to the crowbar in the middle of the animation, the result was that the crowbar started to shoot invisible nails xD

1 hour ago, Optinooby said:

But you can't do this, you can't save before last boss because No Save remember xD. You have to sacrifice one, either the No Save trophy or 1 of the ending trophies!!

A perfect play would be everything except for bad ending I think

you are right!!!, O.O what was I thinking ? hahaha, .. then, 6 hours lol  xD

• Like 1

Tormented Souls Update 1.003 Patch Notes on September 2

PQube has pushed out this latest Tormented Souls Update 1.003 and here are the complete list of patch notes. This patch doesn’t seem to have brought up new features or game content, but it fixes a lot of bugs and addresses several issues.

We do not have the total file size of this Tormented Souls Update 1.003, but will add it here once we have it. Everything you need to know regarding this update will be added in the release notes section – right after the jump below.

Tormented Souls Update 1.003 Patch Notes

Here are the official patch notes for Tormented Souls Update 1.003 that is now rolling out to all the supported platforms of the game:

1.1 [Fixed] Initial letter softlock, file corruption SFX debugger.
1.2 [Fixed] Redemption Trophy on Steam.
1.3 [Fixed] FPS limit on non-gameplay scenes.
1.4 [Fixed] Mannequin puzzle freeze the game.
1.5 [Fixed] Caroline aiming at and shooting enemy on upper floor from the Library.
1.6 [Fixed] Wrong crib text corrected.
1.7 [Fixed] Invisible duplicated item softlocking interaction east wing corridor.

https://brgeeks.com/tormented-souls-update-1-003-patch-notes/

I’m honestly not liking it. It took me about a half an hour to get past the first 10 minutes of gameplay. I’m not sure why, but that first section of the game is exceedingly confusing to me with the layout. I really hate how you can’t save anytime you want. So if you go for a while without finding a save place, and you die -you have to start all over from the last save which is a pain in the ass

Edited by sealightbreeze

13 hours ago, sealightbreeze said:

I’m honestly not liking it. It took me about a half an hour to get past the first 10 minutes of gameplay. I’m not sure why, but that first section of the game is exceedingly confusing to me with the layout. I really hate how you can’t save anytime you want. So if you go for a while without finding a save place, and you die -you have to start all over from the last save which is a pain in the ass

The game is the perfect example of outadated  style and mechanics very bad experience IMO

13 hours ago, sealightbreeze said:

welcome to a real classic style horror game. it´s brilliant to me...

Edited by SairenOne
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JhOnNY_HD said:

The game is the perfect example of outadated  style and mechanics very bad experience IMO

Exactly! The camera angle is irritating as hell at times. It’d be way better if it wasn’t so bad off angle at times. I’m still playing it. But it’s definitely not a favorite 

2 hours ago, SairenOne said:

I have played real horror before 

Edited by sealightbreeze
  • Like 1

On 4/9/2021 at 2:38 AM, Ashbo said:

Forgot about this thread. Cheers buddy, game looks pretty good. Will take a look at @angelbless45 guide as its a game I may entertain at some point. 1f44d.png

Guide is under review right now. Hopefully it will be uploaded during these days :)

I know some are not so used to classic Survival Horror games, but IMHO this game, for tis budget and the size of its development team, is suprisingly good! My only real problem is the lack of unlockables, but the team promised we will have surprises after the PS4 version is released.

• Like 3

On 9/4/2021 at 2:14 PM, SairenOne said:

Someone new to this style of gameplay will hardly love it, but I cannot imagine the Real Survival Horror without it, so yeah. People got spoiled a lot in the last decade with all that autosave, regenerating health, prompts everywhere for opening doors and boxes and whatnot as if we never played games before... ?

Regarding new update, I wonder what's new beside Caroline's skirt, which is more, how should I say, natural in movement? ?.

How can one check what new update brings on PS5 since I don't see update history?

Edited by Ptirle