Trophy thoughts?

edmarlomba

List looks pretty straightforward, but it does seem to require you to do everything and see everything, which is always appreciated.

Combat does look pretty punishing, so it might not be as easy as it seems (until you level up/get some good upgrades at least ?).

Complete Arena Faction might be tricky though, from what I've seen there is some sort of arena/colosseum in the game, so those quests might require you to beat enemies with some sort of restriction or might be enemies/boss gauntlets or something.

Edited by Doomsounder
  • Like 1

On 26-8-2021 at 7:52 AM, Doomsounder said:

List looks pretty straightforward, but it does seem to require you to do everything and see everything, which is always appreciated.

Combat does look pretty punishing, so it might not be as easy as it seems (until you level up/get some good upgrades at least 1f61c.png).

Complete Arena Faction might be tricky though, from what I've seen there is some sort of arena/colosseum in the game, so those quests might require you to beat enemies with some sort of restriction or might be enemies/boss gauntlets or something.

Makes me wonder if there is an enemy/boss gauntlet like you mention. If it's anything like Hollow Knight. That would make this game very difficulty to platinum.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lol, I learned about this game from watching a streamer saying it is 2D Souls game, and I was confused since Salt and Sanctuary exist.... Bought it anyway since it looks fun.

Just got the plat yesterday, not a hard plat IMO. It is pretty much like your typical Metroidvania, the boss battle might take some retries to learn their movesets... pretty short game too compared to othet Metroidvania games I have played. Nothing is missable trophy-wise, you just need to make sure to check out every breakable, chests and NPCs to avoid backtracking to get an equipment.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Yeah, so as of the latest patch, getting 100% requires beating the game on hard mode ("Bloody Whiskers").

It's... a whole different ball game. Everything kills you in 1-3 hits. It's much harder than all the other trophies combined. It's not exactly beating pantheon of Hallownest (without cheating!), but it's really tough.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Really enjoyed this one. Isn’t a game I’d usually buy so glad Sony gave it to us.

Trophy list was pretty simple and my playthrough where I got 100% only took me 5:30 according to the games stats. 

It was a lot of fun to play and do quests, explore for armor, weapons and food, just a great game overall.

Combat was a lot of fun though when too many enemies were on-screen it could get a little messy but overall I’d say it’s one of the better Plus offerings.

This month has honestly been fantastic for me, really enjoyed all 3 games and I’m still working on Sackboy but got the Platinum for this and Meet Your Maker.

Great month to celebrate both my birthday and surviving major surgery 

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

Time: Including DLC, 25 hours over two playthroughs (cut that to less than half for the platinum alone).

Difficulty: 4/10 for the platinum, 8.5/10 for 100%.

Several challenging bosses to contend with here (and just tons of boss fights in general), but the standard game is rather straightforward nonetheless. There's nothing missable to worry about, and theoretically, this combat-heavy experience is simply a matter of reacting appropriately to fairly predictable enemy patterns: dodge red indicators, parry yellow ones, and block white. In practice, this is often easier said than done, particularly on Bloody Whiskers difficulty, where enemies act so much faster, providing you with limited opportunities to attack or heal. Personally, I'd suggest doing two runs if you're aiming for 100%, as finishing the game on normal first teaches you a lot about enemy movesets, while also letting you deal with the trickier optional bosses on a far less difficult setting.

Ratnor's hammer is pretty helpful on all difficulties, being the strongest one-handed weapon in the game, but its slow strikes are less effective on Bloody Whiskers. You might prefer a quicker spear or sword instead, depending on the fight. Returning to a save bench between encounters is also prudent, because it's quite easy to die with the lack of I-frames in this game, forcing you to repeat sections. What matters most when choosing armor is its resistance to the specific type of foe you're fighting; it's best to wear high frog resistance armor when facing frog enemies, for instance. I kept my equipment burden light during most battles, which seemed to work well. And, don't hesitate to spam your projectile weapons, since they're actually quite strong.

I've left a video and some additional tips here.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...