Compton’s Cookoff Luggage Tag

Penpen4

So the last luggage tag is a reward for finishing within the time limit, but the game throws you right into a boss. This prevents you from getting the tag and when returning via unconscious, the third box is locked and you can’t seem to retry the mission. 

Anyone know of a way to retry the cooking missions or is this a permanent glitch? I’ve seen guides that say you can replay it, but they do not state how. No one on the steam forums seems to know how to retry.

Update:  It seems like you can collect the tag post game. I’ve talked to two people who had this glitch and were able to go back post credits and get it. 

Edited by Penpen4
  • Like 1

Oh gosh! Thank God! I actually did it within the time limit but was worried because even though the cutscene shows I got it, I did the task with literally 1 sec left. I went back and found the box locked ?. Hopefully you’re right in that it unlocks after credits in post game. I’ll update this post when I get it. 

edit ✍️: Yes ?? it’s there when you beat the game and after the credits. The tag ? shows up with no locked box. I was so nervous ?. 

Edited by SilentHillDA

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I played this exact level last night. I missed the time limit on the first dish because I was busy getting all the collectibles, and finished within the time limit for the last two dishes. I had the opportunity to retrieve the second dish's reward (half a brain), but after the third dish was done, the action segued into a boss fight and then I was out of Compton's brain.

I immediately went back to Sasha's office and used the Brain Tumbler to access the collective unconscious to return, and the two missed rewards were there: the one for the first dish I didn't finish on time, and the one for the third dish. I didn't need to repeat the cooking sequence, they were just there. Definitely not necessary to wait for the end credits to roll.

Maybe it was patched? I'm playing version 1.08

Edited by steeler192