ziggypossum

Blasphemous II (2023) Announced + Wounds of Eventide DLC (December 9, 2021)

7 posts in this topic

God I still haven't gotten around to playing Blasphemous, loved what I saw of it tho, and glad fans can get their hands on even more content! A sequel for a new indie is always a nice thing to see, hope it's what fans are looking for :)

This announcement inspired me to go back and start up a second playthrough for Ending B. I messed up the Crossed Paths trophy though, so I'll need to do that one in a new playthrough or NG+. Hoping this new DLC adds a few trophies as well.It probably won't, but that's fine. I enjoy Blasphemous enough to want to see all the offered content.

Awesome 😀 Silksong, Salt and Sacrifice and now Blaspheous 2 all to look forward to! Inject more 2D soulslike metroidvanias into my veins 

Wow, awesome! Blasphemous was a game I bought totally on a whim without knowing anything about it, and it really blew me away by how awesome it was! Not only was it a great game and quality metroidvania, but just like a real Souls game I found the trophy list to be fairly challenging and complex, which made it a lot of fun to play through. It was quite satisfying to platinum and easily remains one of the best hidden gems I’ve found on the PS Store to date. I will absolutely be buying Blasphemous 2! 🙂

Whoa, I'm so late to the party on this—had a lot to deal with, and haven't been following gaming news whatsoever. Needless to say, it's an exciting announcement, and I can hardly wait to hack my way through delightfully grotesque monsters with pointy hat guy again. First game was among the best titles I played last year, hitting all the right notes for me as a 2D Soulslike, with its satisfyingly weighty combat and oppressive atmosphere. The Game Kitchen killed it!

Actually, I think the upcoming DLC might prompt me to begin a fresh playthrough, since I never quite got around to finishing "The Stir of Dawn." Unfortunately, I chose the magic penitence, and it didn't really jibe with me, so I kinda just dropped the game after defeating the first new boss.

Edited by ScarecrowsFate