Final level tips?

IntroPhenom

I hope someone who's finished this game can comment, as I'm struggling with the final level.  Are there tips or tricks?  I'm using the clock to slow down time, but am still ending several combos away from what is needed to finish.  The suits are purely cosmetic, near as I can tell.  Augh!

Update: I got it.  Must have taken thirty tries.  Success in this game is somewhat dependent on how kind the arrangement of the fruit is on the screen.  Sometimes they line up just right, and sometimes it's a mad scramble to align them yourself.  Don't let the cute aesthetics fool you; this game is a decent little challenge, for those who are into such things.

Edited by IntroPhenom
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, KunoGuy said:

@IntroPhenom I'm stuck on this too. Ended up 1 combo shy before the time ran out. I have a hard time tracking what I need as I go. I'm going to try a strategy of working more from the top in case the drops take longer to reach the bottom.

The method that ultimately worked for me was to focus on the bottom row, and go back and forth creating as many threesomes as I could before moving on, and using the clock to slow down time.  Vertical matches are sometimes easier to move quickly from one to the next, at least for me, since you can go up then down,  up then down etc. 

But yeah, I'm honestly surprised at how many people who played this game bothered to get the plat.  In addition to the final level, there's a grind for coins that is not quick or interesting.  

• Like 1