September PS Plus. Overcooked All You Can Eat (PS5). Predator Hunting Grounds and Hitman 2

GUDGER666

16 minutes ago, bendermac said:

Hitman 2 alone makes this month worthwhile. Great month for me :)

I played Hitman Absolution in 2013, to me, every release of this "episodic" run of Hitman, looks like there has been zero improvement over that, and in fact, a downgrade in storytelling, where Absolution had a bad story, at least it tried to have one, these new ones don't even try, and they reuse the same stiff last gen animations, when I think of a premium PS5 service, PS+, episodic Hitman games with 2013 PS3 animations is not what comes to my mind

9 minutes ago, LockheedPrime said:

I played Hitman Absolution in 2013, to me, every release of this "episodic" run of Hitman, looks like there has been zero improvement over that, and in fact, a downgrade in storytelling, where Absolution had a bad story, at least it tried to have one, these new ones don't even try, and they reuse the same stiff last gen animations, when I think of a premium PS5 service, PS+, episodic Hitman games with 2013 PS3 animations is not what comes to my mind

This is the most insane take I have ever heard.

Absolution is the series Nadir. It wasn’t awful, but it also wasn’t great.

The recent trilogy is not only the best any Hitman game has ever been (I’ve played them all), but they are some of the best games of the entire console generation.

These ones are no more ‘episodic’ than any previous Hitman game was - in that they are level based. How the first game was released five years ago (it was the only one released episodically) has zero relevance to how the games played then, or play now.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

This is the most insane take I have ever heard.

Absolution is the series Nadir. It wasn’t awful, but it also wasn’t great.

The recent trilogy is not only the best any Hitman game has ever been (I’ve played them all), but they are some of the best games of the entire console generation.

These ones are no more ‘episodic’ than any previous Hitman game was - in that they are level based. How the first game was released five years ago (it was the only one released episodically) has zero relevance to how the games played then, or play now.

funny how the thing that got your attention was the episodic nature and not the fact that they have ps3 gen stiff animation, which proves why Hitman games will forever be a niche series, because their fans like you, don't demand better

4 minutes ago, LockheedPrime said:

funny how the thing that got your attention was the episodic nature and not the fact that they have ps3 gen stiff animation, which proves why Hitman games will forever be a niche series, because their fans like you, don't demand better

?

Okay dude - you carry on missing out on some of the best games available on the console, based on your faulty info and incorrect assumptions…

…I’ll continue over here enjoying the best of the best based on… y’know… having actually played the games I’m talking about ?

44 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

1f602.png

Okay dude - you carry on missing out on some of the best games available on the console, based on your faulty info and incorrect assumptions…

…I’ll continue over here enjoying the best of the best based on… y’know… having actually played the games I’m talking about 1f44d.png

I'm not missing anything, there is not a game released on this planet that I want to play, that I haven't played yet, Hitman games wouldn't be in top 100 ps4 games

39 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

this statement made me very curious...are there games on other planets you would like to play but haven't yet?...

you think there aren't human like civilizations that have invented entertainment at some point in some of the 100 to 200 billion galaxies out there, each galaxy having several Earth like planets, so 500 to 1000 billion Earth like planets in our near 14 billion year old universe? not even accounting for the posibility of multiple universes and higher dimensions?

you might want to do some research about the world you live in, it doesn't stop at your city, country or planet, or you might be a flat earther perhaps

Edited by LockheedPrime

4 minutes ago, LockheedPrime said:

you think there aren't human like civilizations that have invented entertainment at some point in some of the 100 to 200 billion galaxies out there, each galaxy having several Earth like planets, so 500 to 1000 billion Earth like planets in our near 14 billion year old universe? not even accounting for the posibility of multiple universes and higher dimensions?

nothing like that...was rather hoping perhaps you'd inform us that there was a predator on uranus and that's why you made the distinction...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VigilantCrow said:

Would be nice if Sony would try and push out a proper strategy or puzzle game. Witness was a very long time ago.

This.

2 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

this statement made me very curious...are there games on other planets you would like to play but haven't yet?...

Lmfao. If you find any games on any other planet, let me know. 

4 hours ago, LockheedPrime said:

I know it sounds totally absurd, but how about you take the chance and actually try out the game series you're complaining about? Now that it is in the free monthly line-up I mean. Judging a game by it's stiff animations alone seems kinda dumb. 

On 9/2/2021 at 0:29 PM, Cravinovv said:

I really wish they'd stop using PS Plus as a dumping ground for dying games like Predator: Hunting Grounds. Not interested in the slightest with the other two offerings.

Right on point. 
Why not reward us with multiple quality AAA games each year?