Which Batman and Joker is your favorite?

kingofbattle8174

Which Batman is your favorite?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Which Batman is tops?

• Micheal Keaton
    • George Clooney
    • Val Kilmer
    • Christian Bale
    • Adam West
    • Ben Afflek
    • Robert Pattinson
    • Kevin Conroy
  2. 2. Who is your favorite Joker

• Jack Nicholson
    • Heath Ledger
    • Jared Leto
    • Joaquin Phoenix
    • Mark Hamill

So I sat down last night to watch the first Keaton Batman as part of my halloween fest. My thoughts will be up later on my trophy checklist. There are so many versions of this character and they all have their good and bad points. For me I think Keaton is still tops followed by Bale. I actually would have liked Batman vs Superman better if they brought back Bale’s Batman out of retirement instead of bringing in a new actor. I am excited though to see the new Flash to view Keaton back in the role of the Dark Knight. 

I also added who is your top? For me it is a toss up between Nicholson and Ledger. They both were great in the role. I did not see the solo Joker film so that one I cannot vote on but other people seemed to really like it. 

Edited by kingofbattle8174
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ragtag_Dude said:

If I can choose Mark Hamill, I should've been able to take Kevin Conroy as my Batman, too. :)

I always forget his name. I know Hamill, hell he’s freaking Luke Skywalker and Co#$Knocker in the Jay and Silent Bob movie. A great cameo by him by the way. The guy who voiced Batman in the animated series was good but Hamill is an icon for his role. 

Bale and Ledger for me no question, Ben and Phoenix are good too, but unfortunately Ben's movies aren't about Batman, they're about something bigger and he's just a part of that, so not enough focus on him, and Phoenix just became Joker in the last what? 10 -20 minutes of the movie? we never saw the "full" Joker

Batman: Bale then Keaton

Joker: Ledger then Hamill

I loved the Batman movies from 80's to 90's as a kid but they have not aged well, Keaton by far was the best Batman in that set of movies. But the Bale trilogy takes the prize IMO.

Ledger was amazing as Joker and I would have loved to have seen him in the 3rd movie if not for his unfortunate death. RIP Heath. Hamill is runner up for me because I never really knew he was the voice over actor for Joker until recently so most of the animated Jokers never really stood out for me. Not to mention I haven't watched much animated Batman. 

1 minute ago, da-Noob123 said:

Batman: Bale then Keaton

Joker: Ledger then Hamill

I loved the Batman movies from 80's to 90's as a kid but they have not aged well, Keaton by far was the best Batman in that set of movies. But the Bale trilogy takes the prize IMO.

Ledger was amazing as Joker and I would have loved to have seen him in the 3rd movie if not for his unfortunate death. RIP Heath. Hamill is runner up for me because I never really knew he was the voice over actor for Joker until recently so most of the animated Jokers never really stood out for me. Not to mention I haven't watched much animated Batman. 

I agree there are scenes from the first one, which I watched yesterday that made me cringe. Mostly that first scene of Knox and Vale and how he interacts with her. Throwing out there that you need a long lens is an eyeroll.

24 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

I agree there are scenes from the first one, which I watched yesterday that made me cringe. Mostly that first scene of Knox and Vale and how he interacts with her. Throwing out there that you need a long lens is an eyeroll.

Hahaha yeah but just think how much more there is to come - especially in Forever and Batman & Robin.

Keaton's portrayal I think was the foundation for Bale's. The altered voice, how he moved in the suit, etc.

By the way, good thread idea.

11 minutes ago, da-Noob123 said:

Hahaha yeah but just think how much more there is to come - especially in Forever and Batman & Robin.

Keaton's portrayal I think was the foundation for Bale's. The altered voice, how he moved in the suit, etc.

By the way, good thread idea.

The Clooney/Kilmer movies dont make me cringe. They make you want to cry. They are Green Lantern movie bad. Batman forever only had one saving grace and that is that I kinda did like Carrey as The Riddler. The last movie of that era had no good qualities. Arnold as Mr Freeze is sooo bad. Bane trash. Poison ivy, not too good either. Wasn't that also the film with nipples on the batsuit? 

1 hour ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

The Clooney/Kilmer movies dont make me cringe. They make you want to cry. They are Green Lantern movie bad. Batman forever only had one saving grace and that is that I kinda did like Carrey as The Riddler. The last movie of that era had no good qualities. Arnold as Mr Freeze is sooo bad. Bane trash. Poison ivy, not too good either. Wasn't that also the film with nipples on the batsuit? 

Yep batsuit nipples, a Batman credit card, and a lot of bad one liners. Makes you wonder what Tim Burton's 3rd movie would have been like.

Kevin Conroy is pretty much the voice of Batman for me. I can't picture anyone else pulling this line off as well as he did.

Mark Hamill is also the ideal Joker for me but I like all the live action ones apart from the Jared Leto one.

• Like 2