Milestone Regrets

whodeygamer

coincidentally.. my name is mayo was my 75th plat milestone. my name is mayo 2 was my 250th.. these were not planned. but my name is mayo is so awesome than it knows when I'm about to hit a milestone and releases itself that same day. can't wait for my name is mayo 3 ;) 

• Like 3

I started showing a very tiny tiny interest on the milestones since my 7000th trophy, and even if it isn't a milestone in this site I wanted to do at least something especial each 1000 trophies, but because of a random trophy that I unlocked during a boosting session then my 11.000th one is a random bronze trophy :sigh:

1 minute ago, HondaHoe said:

coincidentally.. my name is mayo was my 75th plat milestone. my name is mayo 2 was my 250th.. these were not planned. but my name is mayo is so awesome than it knows when I'm about to hit a milestone and releases itself that same day. can't wait for my name is mayo 3 ;) 

Now we know that it will be released probably when you will reach your 500th plat xD

Edited by DeepEyes7
  • Like 2

There's only 1 I have that I kind of regret in the sense that I wish I would've been paying closer attention. My 3500th is just some random My Name Is Mayo trophy. It's not really that I care that it's a Mayo trophy, I just wish I would've paid more attention to how close I was to that milestone so I could've at least tried to time it to where it was the actual Plat and not some random trophy lol. That was back before I cared to plan milestones though and I'm now more mindful of how close I am to one so I can plan them better. 

• Like 1

I started caring after viewing the profile of a guy who had all milestone trophies as a platinum. I thought that was pretty cool and started caring about my milestones after that, but only for platinums, starting with my 75th one.

Having Star Wars Force Unleashed platinum also be my 4500th trophy was pure coincidence. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FilmFanatic said:

When I found someone who did carries for the Flawless Raider trophy he asked if I wanted to to it again afterwards on hard difficulty to help a friend of his. I said yes not realising this would pop the plat.

Probably me who ruined your milestone :P

Anyway, a few of my early milestones are kinda awful, that I’d love to change if possible. In general, there could be more colorful artwork for my milestones as well.

Oh well. 

I only started to care at when approaching my 1,500th trophy which I made for Yakuza 4 platinum. Since then, I have tried to carefully setup my milestones for Platinum trophies that are rare or have cool images. I accidently messed up when going for my 2,500th trophy when I was trying to make it the Vanquish platinum, but I made sure to be extra careful that Dragon Ball: Raging Blast platinum was my 3000th trophy. I also made sure to make my 40th platinum MK vs DC Universe and 50th platinum trophy Max Payne 3, as both games are very rare platinums, and have beautiful images for platinums. I'll probably make my next milestone 3,500 trophy Mortal Kombat X platinum.

I miscalculated 1,000th so ended up with a random idiotic bronz trophy, didn’t know about 1,337th, 1500th and 125th platinum, both ended up displaying my filler content.

On the other hand, 500th (The Gunslinger) was a happy accident.

Otherwise I only planned milestones that sounded nice and relevant of my life (“Baby steps” for when my daughter started walking, “Healthy diet” when I was in a bad shape, etc.)

Big numbers planned as big achievements: 100th platinum: Dragon Quest XI, 10,000th trophy: Baldur’s Gate 2 platinum.

Edited by fbdbh
  • Like 1

Nah, my milestones are mostly just whatever and I like it that way.  Kind of a series of random snapshots over time.

I do remember choosing the one for my 1000th trophy, but only from the game I was playing at the time and the trophies I could get next.  So, it wasn't some grand plan.  There's probably been some other minor adjustments like that that I've forgotten about.

I only plan plat (games I really like) and x000 (whatever game happens to be close or was just lucky enough to have proper number of trophies) milestones. It all started with Far Cry 4, I was missing one trophy, so I just earned it in PoP:TFS. Now I plan it such way that I 100% every game without the need to earn single trophies in other titles. I don't care about x500 (they simply don't look nice) and earlier milestones, because I wasn't SERIOUS hunter back then.

there's only one regret... back when i had one piece pirate warriors 1 i began the game but realized after starting it i needed a 2nd console to get one online trophy (3 friend coins). had to shelve that game until i had another console. it was originally going to be my 150th plat.

i'll have to figure what i want to finish on my next milestone that's coming soon. saints row is a possibility. 

Edited by kingdrake2

I don’t plan milestones - I don’t think they would have any value to me if I did.

To me, the whole point of that cabinet is to see how my playing habits see are reflected, and how they changed over the course of time.

If I planned them, then that would be lost, and all they would be is a reminder of how I allowed them to influence my playing habits, rather than the other way around :dunno:

• Like 3

My only truly regretful milestone is Saints Row Gat out of Hell being my 100th platinum, when my 99th was Doom 2016. Since then I’ve planned the big milestones. 150 Plats was Demon’s Souls, 10000 trophies was the Kingdom Hearts 2 Platinum, 200 plats was Monster Hunter World Iceborne, and 300 Plats was Mass Effect 3.

• Like 1

I sometimes think it would be awesome if PSNP changed the milestones down by 1 - i.e make them 99th / 149th etc.

That way, that milestone cabinet would suddenly be a much more accurate picture of a player, in the sense that their milestones would reflect the games they actually like to play…

...rather than the ones some people specifically select and ‘save’ to put on show. ?

• Like 1