Milestone Regrets

whodeygamer

Thats one of the things I realy do care about at this site. 

I make every milestone a plat I realy liked and I managed it so far good exept for 3 where I did not pay attention enough and got some random shit. Now with higher levels it becomes more difficult because you must REALY pay attention what and how much you collect. 

Check my profile and you will see ^^

• Like 1

I started to care for milestones around the 6000th. trophy one, so all milestones that came before that are trophies I got for playing games "normal". 

With that in mind, I think I had luck with or don`t mind  most of them except for the 5000th one (a Sigi Fart for Melusina trophy) and the 1500th one (a Coffin Dodgers trophy).

I don't specifically plan any - usually at least. So I don't have any regrets from them. I always think that if I'm playing a game to completion for a platinum then it's probably something I've really enjoyed anyway. So I'd pretty much be fine with whatever they were. My milestones look  a little more planned than they actually are. It's usually if I notice I'm near one, I might play something specific, or I might not. I know that sounds indecisive but it's true. I'd certainly never go out of my way to reach one faster, by playing things I know I probably wouldn't enjoy.

There have been a few exceptions, as far as planning goes. I was completely in a Yakuza groove in 2018 so I thought I'd end the year by making Yakuza Kiwami's platinum my 10,000th trophy. I quite enjoyed that, but at the time I'd just started playing Hitman - and I remember being a bit gutted, that I'd locked myself into playing just one game, when in reality I wanted to dip back into Hitman a fair few times. So I doubt I'd probably do anything like that again. I think Yakuza 6 ended up being my 200th Platinum at the end of the year too. Which wasn't intentional, I don't think.

The other time was Pure Pool as my 300th - I kind of thought as a lifelong cue sports fan, and as most of my others seem to have been video game series I love, by accident or not. That I'd like to have that represented somewhere, and I happened to be coming up on it. That game was also my white whale for the longest time. So I thought it seemed appropriate.

I've quite enjoyed reading this thread actually, so many different perspectives on this one. Hats off to those that meticulously plan them. I'm not sure I could manage giving that much forward planning to one singular thing. I'm far too laid back.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DesmaBR said:

I do kinda wish I had saved my 100th plat for Cold Steel III. But that would've mean not getting a single plat for 6 months (had 99 plata then)

I think it's fine as my 6000th trophy at least

Same 

need to do a nightmare run 

end up getting Zombie Army 4 as my 100 platinum 

• Like 1

I planned my 7000th trophy to be "No-Win Scenario"
Rescue at least 120 people in the stand-alone Kobayashi Maru mission in Star Trek Bridge Crew with my clan. Was a lot of planning and urging them into buying the game. My kid played Slipgate in the meantime. Got trohies that did not pop rightaway as the trophy list was not updated / uploaded for some time.

After it was updated, "No-Win Scenario" ended up being number 7003.

I felt underwhelmed...

Edited by KnutellaPSN
spelling
  • Like 1

I didn’t understand how this site worked for years lol so my milestones aren’t great. But to be honest I do this for fun and I’m in no way competitive but I do like getting trophies ? it’s a good way to always play new games and discover some gems. 
I used to play call of duty then moved to battlefield, I’d play almost everyday and that was all I’d play. I was missing out on a huge variety of awesome games. Nowadays I enjoy a story mode or campaign. 
I am waiting for my new TV before I get my 350th platinum which will be Ghost Of Tsushima (PS5). 

If I had to pick one I regret it would either be #75 A Winter Daydream, or #30 My Name Is Mayo. Would've just planned better but it is what it is since I didnt pay that any attention at that time. At least it wasn't Little Adventure On The Prairie. 

I started paying more attention to them after deciding to make FFVIIR my 100th. So far It has been titles I've really enjoyed or a JRPG since its my favorite genre. #100 was FFVIIR, #125 was God of War, #150 was Ni No Kuni WoTWW Remaster, #175 was Yakuza Like a Dragon, and #200 was Legend Of Mana Remaster. 200 was a toughie because I could've easily made it SaGa Frontier Remaster but Legend Of Mana was such a special game to me growing up, so I starved myself of platinums for like 2 months to make sure it was 200. 

Still unsure of what to make #225 and #250, but I've been considering making Pier Solar my 10,000th trophy purely based off of the fact that it looks like a great retro title, seems to be a tough and worthy platinum to have, and the platinum name (A Long Hard Road) sort of describes the platinum journey thus far lol

Edited by MyNameIs_Rainman
more words n stuff

10 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I sometimes think it would be awesome if PSNP changed the milestones down by 1 - i.e make them 99th / 149th etc.

That way, that milestone cabinet would suddenly be a much more accurate picture of a player, in the sense that their milestones would reflect the games they actually like to play…

...rather than the ones some people specifically select and ‘save’ to put on show. 1f602.png

Someone link this man a few thousand profiles for Ratalaika hoarders. There's your "accurate picture of a player and the games they actually like to play." ?

My first Trophy is from Tekken 7, and so is my Platinum; it happened pretty much randomly because maybe I didn't even know about milestones, and at the time I loved it, but nowadays, four years later, I totally dislike that game so I wish I had other Trophies in their place as my milestones.

My 500th Trophy is from Dragon Ball Xenoverse and it also happened randomly, but I liked it, Goku turning Super Saiyan is a childhood memory to me.

My 10th Platinum is WWE 2K18 which is a totally terrible game but I love WWE so I take it lol

Everything else was planned and I love them. I'm not really sure what to have for 3500.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Zircon_Lotus said:

I started caring after viewing the profile of a guy who had all milestone trophies as a platinum. I thought that was pretty cool and started caring about my milestones after that, but only for platinums, starting with my 75th one.

Having Star Wars Force Unleashed platinum also be my 4500th trophy was pure coincidence. 

I have the same system, every milestone is a platinum trophy ? I choose games that I like, the only thing bothering me is that some of the pictures are ugly.

Edited by anotherfangirl

I’m scared shitless of losing my save files, and cannot use Cloud, due to me using another account for all purchases, plus included, for safety reasons after the psn hack last decade, so there are times where I want to make something like Mortal Kombat 9, Injustice 1 etc a milestone, but I’m scared of having to do stuff like the Hero we Deserve or My King Fu is Stronger again, absolutely terrified, currently I’m facing the debacle on LBP 1, I’m very close to the plat, and I’d like to make it my 200th, since the first trophy this account got was from there, some kind of bookend, if you will.

But the one accidental milestone I dislike,  is my 150th plat,  Skyscrappers, there was a team competition and my teammate wasn’t pulling his weight, so I searched on ps now some relatively short games, and this ended up being my 150th plat, at least it’s a fighting game…

Edited by scemopagliaccioh

3 minutes ago, KenjiCBZ said:

My 10th Platinum is WWE 2K18 which is a totally terrible game series but I love WWE so I take it lol

As someone who cares, I had to fix that for you. ? That series really has gone to trash, and I decided to stop playing them until the games are returned to their former glory. 2K has done a complete botch job with WWE, and the trophies are an absolute chore, which makes it even worse.

23 minutes ago, anotherfangirl said:

I have the same system, every milestone is a platinum trophy 1f60a.png I choose games that I like, the only thing bothering me is that some of the pictures are ugly.

Not gonna lie, I wish I had this kind of dedication and planning. What made you plan your milestones this way? 

When it's possible I try to have as a milestone a trophy containing a waifu's portrait ? ... for example I have Asuka and Hikage from Senran Kagura, or Plutia, Neptune and IF from Neptunia, but my older milestones are all random crap since at that time I didn't know this feature existed.

I didn't start planning my milestones until my 40th plat. I have the misfortune of having Slyde as my 20th plat ? but I'm mostly happy with the rest. The 2 Insomniac Spider-Man games appear 4 times between them (with 3 being right next to each other) which is a bit much. I regret auto popping the Spider-Man Remastered trophies immediately, didn't think of what it would do to my fastest platinum milestone.

Edited by InsomniWrench
  • Like 1

I started trophy hunting last year while in the middle of Horizon Zero Dawn - the game that actually got me back into gaming. In the excitement of trophy fever I booted up my old PS3 to sync it and start cleaning up some old games. So instead of waiting to finish HZD as my first ever platinum, which would have been a meaningful milestone for me, I platted Tomb Raider Legend. While it’s not the end of the world, I do regret it somewhat.

Edited by papert0wng1rl

I have a platinum for every 500th trophy except for #1500, which is a bronze trophy from Beyond: Two Souls. At the time I was enjoying the game a lot, and wanted to finish the story instead of stopping and looking for a game that I could slot in at #1500 (it would have had to be something with under 10 trophies before the platinum, so pickings were slim). So I ended up with:

#500 - :platinum: Platinum - Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

#1000 - :platinum: N7 Elite - Mass Effect 3

#1500 - :bronze: Catch Me if You Can - Beyond: Two Souls

#2000 - :platinum: Mastered the Jungle - Far Cry 3

#2500 - :platinum: Master of Mordor - Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

#3000 - :platinum: Virtuoso - Rocket League

#3500 - :platinum: Andromeda's Finest - Mass Effect: Andromeda

#4000 - :platinum: Don't You Have Anything Better to Do? - Undertale

etc. etc. up to and including #6500. 

Looking back now, it irks me and I wish I'd found anything to just throw in there. It's the only non-platinum in my Trophy Milestones case aside from the first trophy (even #1337 happened to be the Sleeping Dogs platinum by sheer coincidence). 

So a glaring blemish on a milestone case I'm otherwise quite happy with.

I like all my milestones reached either trophies or platinums. I seen a couple where due and setup some good platinums for them otherwise the others are games played I enjoyed at that time.

My milestone regret is my fastest time for a platinum, it was Up at 2 hours 59 minutes and i did that as a speedrun to beat my mate.  Then slyde came along and everyone i knew was doing it as a quick platinum which i did at 39 seconds and i am stuck with it.  I have done a lot of artifex games over the past year or so and i recently beat my Up time legit and without knowing.. I'd have preferred family mysteries 3 instead of slyde but hey ho.

I never cared too much, my only planned milestones are #200 and #400 platinums, I wish #100 had been Shadow of the Colossu (PS3) but unfortunately it ended up being a random game that I had the opportunity to play temporarily at the time and not wanted to lose a free platinum.