Milestone Regrets

whodeygamer

They aren't all that important to me, but I'm pretty happy about having Valkyria Chronicles as my fastest plat (I've beat the game a few times and didn't even need a guide for it, though with medal trick it can be "faster"). I might consider something special for #100, maybe repeating my first plat or some really old game sitting on the list? I'm not too worried since I don't play filler games, but I'd still like it to be at least a game I can say I enjoy.

The trophy number milestones are whatever I am playing at the time.

For the platinum milestones I try for a game I like, but it really happens to be whatever I am playing at the time.  

The only manipulating I can really remember is that I did power through several POWGI games to make The Last of Us II a platinum milestone (#100) as I thought it warranted one a major milestone.

EDIT - on a side note, this happened which is cooler to me than any milestone marking I have.  Originally, it was “BAADASS” so I had to pop a trophy for Need for Speed Heat to bring it to the top ?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E8rs1UNVoAM7hqb?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by djb5f
  • Like 1

Not any regrets as such but with hindsight, I'd have probably made Spider-Man platinum number 50 and Nier Automata number 42 (for Pod 042). I'd have accomplished both had I not platted My Name Is Mayo when I did.

To be fair, it was a drunk purchase/playthrough. I got FF7R for platinum 100 so that makes up for it.

No regerts, but I do plan milestones out. Funny enough, a year or so ago my Duck Souls+ got flagged for cheating because I collected all of the trophies but they didn't pop. Next time I logged in, thinking I had to do it all over, they all popped, so I ended up with a 9 second plat time. I hid the game to get back on the leaderboards, so now I have to subtract one mentally, knowing that it is actually my 501 platinum (on my trophy list) that will be my 500 here on psnprofiles, as an example. But I do like looking to the left on my profile and seeing cool trophies and plats.

I'm awful with the milestones for stuff like 1000th trophy, etc. and gave up on trying to actually plan for those.  8000th trophy actually being a plat was purely a coincidence.  Pretty much I gave up trying to plan them after ending up with Cassius Bright's crotch for my 3000th trophy because I screwed up in my planning.  I do try to plan the plat milestones to be games I especially enjoyed that I was playing around the time of that milestone.  Always try to pick more niche titles as well.  Only one of the plat milestones I screwed up was 125th plat which I totally forgot about so it ended up being a Pic-A-Pix game.  Not too bad since those games are fun, but I would have rather picked something else like Monster Viator or Seek Hearts that were played around that time.

I used to not really care about milestones, I still don't take 'em uber seriously, but I kinda wish I'd made Persona 4 Golden one of my milestone plats. If there were more MegaTen games with trophies, I wouldn't doubt I'd attempt to make one my every 50th milestone plat or something (e.g. 250th plat, 300th plat, etc.)

I regret most of mine as I never paid attention to milestones and now many of them have rubbish trophies, like my 2000th trophy being steins gate linear bounded phenogram.

I don't care much about milestones, but I wish I could have had some of my harder to plat games in my milestones instead like my FF and Tales games, and my favourite games like Persona 4 and 5. Most of these aren't in my milestones.... :(

• Like 1