[Alien Rage] A helpful hint

Orphioon

An easy and quick way to get all perks is on Chapter 8 of the campaign "Breakout", theres a tunnel that a bunch of bugs will spew from, and you can launch a few explosives at them to get roughly 500k points, then restart the checkpoint to start right in front of the tunnel again, the points will still count even when using the method, a few quirks that happened to me

• The trophy for 25mil points popped when expected
  • The trophy "Utility Belt" didnt pop until after i beat the stage and the boss, the trophy popped only after i was looking through statistics and stats and then the trophy for beating the Chapter 8 boss seemed to pop about 10 seconds after that
  • The 1500 kill trophy doesnt pop, presumably either the bugs dont count as kills, or restarting checkpoint doesnt save the counter for kills, so you will have to get that naturally

With this method you can get the Megapistol so much faster, even before completing the game, so you can demolish the rest of your first playthrough.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Noxter7 said:

Thanks for the tip, I was thinking on completing this game.

If you are interested, the number 1 fastest 100% is very achievable if you just get the megapistol then rush brutal difficulty, there are much earlier sections that have clustered insects (though not as much) and it might be possible to even save time doing it earlier.

edit: its worth mentioning that as i write this the number 1 spot is 9 hours, 14 minutes, i can imagine it going lower quick once this information spreads more.

Edited by Orphioon

• 3 months later...
On 8/28/2021 at 6:05 AM, Orphioon said:

An easy and quick way to get all perks is on Chapter 8 of the campaign "Breakout", theres a tunnel that a bunch of bugs will spew from, and you can launch a few explosives at them to get roughly 500k points, then restart the checkpoint to start right in front of the tunnel again, the points will still count even when using the method, a few quirks that happened to me

• The trophy for 25mil points popped when expected
  • The trophy "Utility Belt" didnt pop until after i beat the stage and the boss, the trophy popped only after i was looking through statistics and stats and then the trophy for beating the Chapter 8 boss seemed to pop about 10 seconds after that
  • The 1500 kill trophy doesnt pop, presumably either the bugs dont count as kills, or restarting checkpoint doesnt save the counter for kills, so you will have to get that naturally

With this method you can get the Megapistol so much faster, even before completing the game, so you can demolish the rest of your first playthrough.

hey thanks this method helped, theres also another spot later one with even more of those bugs. i always made sure to have that cannon with alot of secondary rounds until i found it. i recall this game being awful back in the day but now that im replaying it its not to bad compared to some of the other messes ive played.

• Like 2