How hard is this game without buying any dlcs and what dlc packs do you recommend to buy?

I have a deck from 5D's Decade Duels Plus which I've been using and can import and I'm very close to 100 single wins in that game. But it's just a deck of staples because it's so hard to build a combo deck or any other decks without buying any dlc packs and I think some rare cards like the Exodia parts are dlc locked and it's probably the same in this game too.

So my questions are:

1, How hard will it be or how long will it take to beat this game without buying any dlc packs?

2, Which dlc packs should I buy to OTK or even FTK all the opponents on regular and expert mode? 

I played through Normal Mode after grinding some cards for a offensive deck with monsters lv 4 ~ 2000 ATK and made it through until the 2nd enemy in Expert Mode. There i needed a lot of luck until enemy #7 whom i couldn't beat no matter what. I tried 20 times. He destroyed me within a few rounds. So i bought Card Packs 1, 5, 6 10 to build a Burn Deck. With that i rushed through Expert Mode with ease. I only lost one duel (against Yubel).

Without dlc packs/cards it's very very difficult. I grinded at least 10 hours for cards to build a decent deck for Normal Mode. No chance in Expert Mode without dlc cards. I played probably 40 hours in total but if you buy dlc cards early you can decrease the time needed to go through probably by half.

35 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

I played through Normal Mode after grinding some cards for a offensive deck with monsters lv 4 ~ 2000 ATK and made it through until the 2nd enemy in Expert Mode. There i needed a lot of luck until enemy #7 whom i couldn't beat no matter what. I tried 20 times. He destroyed me within a few rounds. So i bought Card Packs 1, 5, 6 10 to build a Burn Deck. With that i rushed through Expert Mode with ease. I only lost one duel (against Yubel).

Without dlc packs/cards it's very very difficult. I grinded at least 10 hours for cards to build a decent deck for Normal Mode. No chance in Expert Mode without dlc cards. I played probably 40 hours in total but if you buy dlc cards early you can decrease the time needed to go through probably by half.

Thanks for the quick answer. I noticed that some people were talking about Exodia deck in another thread but do you know which packs I'm supposed to buy to build a Exodia deck?

On 28.8.2021 at 1:55 PM, maneater2016 said:

Thanks for the quick answer. I noticed that some people were talking about Exodia deck in another thread but do you know which packs I'm supposed to buy to build a Exodia deck?

i checked two different websites which list all dlc packs and searched for "Exodia" but no hit. I did read that Exodia is considered dlc locked though so i am surprised about this. I looked through these lists:

https://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/topic/369671-card-packs-1-18-super-packs-1-5-structure-decks-1-5-and-starer-decks-1-5/

(this is tagged for 5D's but at least Packs 1, 5, 6 and 10 which i bought are exactly the same in Millennium Duels)

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/768294-yu-gi-oh-millennium-duels/69077381

1 hour ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

i checked two different websites which list all dlc packs and searched for "Exodia" but no hit. I did read that Exodia is considered dlc locked though so i am surprised about this. I looked through these lists:

https://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/topic/369671-card-packs-1-18-super-packs-1-5-structure-decks-1-5-and-starer-decks-1-5/

(this is tagged for 5D's but at least Packs 1, 5, 6 and 10 which i bought are exactly the same in Millennium Duels)

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/768294-yu-gi-oh-millennium-duels/69077381

I suppose Exodia parts are only available in dlc packs of 5D's. And I'm now thinking of building either an Exodia or a Burn deck because both of them can beat most opponents after a few turns. And a Burn deck is probably more practical and cheaper to build. So I'm going to check out the packs you bought and try to make the best of them. Thanks again.

• Like 1