Resistance difficulty...

Bastian-293

1 hour ago, maurjen said:

is it like permadeath or something?

Yeah. Hardest difficulty + permadeath. You can only take a couple of hits before your operative dies. Even paid dlc characters can be killed. All enemies are heavily armed/armored elites and they aggro quickly. Numerous checkpoints make navigating the map from the ground a pain. All tech points that are not in enemy controlled areas are trapped - instant 2 star wanted level if you pick them up.

• Like 2

On 8/28/2021 at 5:22 PM, Shipwreck24273 said:

- Use Wrench and his cargo drone to get around. It’s slower, but much safer.

- Focus on getting tech points to unlock useful skills like hacking riot and CT drones.

- Maxing out your spider drone is a must and should be your first priority! 

- MAKE BACKUP SAVES REGULARLY!!!

- Recruit a barrister and paramedic just in case.

- STEALTH! STEALTH! STEALTH!

- Avoid direct combat as much as possible and always send your spider drone to do all the dirty work.

So can you save scum it, like Far Cry Primal?

Just now, Khaos004 said:

Sweet thanks that’s what I’ll do. Would you also lose them from “normal” mode?

No as long as you don’t have permadeath enabled. For me the only real trouble spots were the last Malik mission where you have to keep shooting drones off the servers, the Nigel Cass fight, and the mission where you have to escape from the Zero Day bunker.  Also recommend that you take time to make the boroughs defiant; that’ll take away all the checkpoints and just make your life easier.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

You can’t turn off permadeath in the new difficulty. Either they misspoke or is talking about permadeath in general. But for Resistance Mode it is always on and the difficulty is set to hard, no way to change it. 

to save scum there are two options you can do.

if you have PSPlus you can upload saves to the cloud. You do that by hovering over the game icon and pressing options. 

or alternatively you can use a usb. To do that you have to go into settings and application save data management.

To save into the usb select save data on system storage. It should say system storage-> usb. 

To revert to that save on the usb (when you die) select save data on usb. It should say usb->system storage. 

• Like 2

Thanks very much! I did save to my USB right away, I was unsure how to re-select it. I haven't died yet, so I haven't tried to re-select the save yet. If I re-select it, does it open the game and start me from that point? Sorry, I just can't remember how I did it on Far Cry Primal. 

4 hours ago, Khaos004 said:

Thanks very much! I did save to my USB right away, I was unsure how to re-select it. I haven't died yet, so I haven't tried to re-select the save yet. If I re-select it, does it open the game and start me from that point? Sorry, I just can't remember how I did it on Far Cry Primal. 

Selecting and uploading the USB save to your system storage will revert back to whatever save you had on the USB. For example if you haven’t saved for 3 missions and you die. If you choose to revert back to that USB save you will be back 3 missions. 

Saving and uploading to and from a USB forces you to close the game. So you do have to close the application and restart it if you want to save and load. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Khaos004 said:

@Shipwreck24273

So I finally started a Resistance game. I'm not clear at all that you can turn permadeath off, and I have no idea how to save scum. There is no manual save? Can you walk me through it please?

Sorry just now seeing your message.  When you asked about “normal mode” I assumed you meant a difficulty other than Resistance.  Permadeath is optional on lower difficulties.  Sorry if I confused you. BestUsername---- is right about the save scumming tips and doing so is really the best way (IMO) to get through Resistance mode.  This difficulty is painful, but if you go slowly, stealthily, and make regular backup saves you’ll get through it.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2021 at 2:12 AM, Shipwreck24273 said:

Yeah. Hardest difficulty + permadeath. You can only take a couple of hits before your operative dies. Even paid dlc characters can be killed. All enemies are heavily armed/armored elites and they aggro quickly. Numerous checkpoints make navigating the map from the ground a pain. All tech points that are not in enemy controlled areas are trapped - instant 2 star wanted level if you pick them up.

Yuck. This game is so boring and performs so poorly, I ended up just skipping all cutscenes and dialogue towards the end. I'm barely motivated to finish platinum requirements, let alone go through the game again with parameters like that.

11 hours ago, Shipwreck24273 said:

Sorry just now seeing your message.  When you asked about “normal mode” I assumed you meant a difficulty other than Resistance.  Permadeath is optional on lower difficulties.  Sorry if I confused you. BestUsername---- is right about the save scumming tips and doing so is really the best way (IMO) to get through Resistance mode.  This difficulty is painful, but if you go slowly, stealthily, and make regular backup saves you’ll get through it.

No problem, appreciate the reply! Thanks. Yeah, I can tell it's going to suck, but I feel a bit more confident now that I have Wrench and Aiden, and have figured out how to save/load. I can tell it's going to take a lot of patience.

• Like 1

So, I just finished resistance mode in less than 30 hours (mainly just campaign, freeing areas and a few recruitings) . It's not that long even on Res Mode. I've been very careful and even avoided going into red areas by just sending in either my spider drone or a news drone. I haven't really used a gun up until the end of the game. 

I was very worried when I read about it, but when I started playing it actually wasn't that bad. People make it sound harder than it is, imo. 

• 1 month later...

The game offers to put a save on the cloud from main menu. Can I use this to do the save trick if I die, or I absolutely need to do it with the ps+ option?

Also I read somewhere it's quite easier to complete the Resistance mode with Aiden. I don't have him in my list but I did end the DLC. Will he appear later in game or I am missing something?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, MarcancooL said:

The game offers to put a save on the cloud from main menu. Can I use this to do the save trick if I die, or I absolutely need to do it with the ps+ option?

Also I read somewhere it's quite easier to complete the Resistance mode with Aiden. I don't have him in my list but I did end the DLC. Will he appear later in game or I am missing something?

Thanks!

That’s a good question, I’m not entirely sure how the cloud works in game as I don’t use it. But to be safe I would recommend using outside save scumming methods. 

As for Aiden, if you have the season pass and Bloodline installed Aiden and Wrench are outside the bar where your main base is located. Talking to them in the main game will get them to join DedSec and added to your operatives list. The other’s, Darcy and Mina, require missions to obtain but they are not needed in Resistance Mode. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I will attempt this but I'm really afraid that I might not be able to achieve 100% because I have no DLC characters and I WILL NOT buy the Season Pass just because of this... I literally see everyone achieving this with Aiden and Wrench and people STILL SAY its difficult asf so what about the people who have no DLC characters!?!?! Literally impossible I see? I just don't have any motivation to try it because of that to be honest, I'm absolutely sure this is like a 9/10 difficulty without DLC characters and I'm not gonna go through that pain in the ass :/

Fuck this shit and fuck Ubisoft. 

Edited by fresquinho

• 10 months later...
On 30. 10. 2021 at 7:36 PM, fresquinho said:

I will attempt this but I'm really afraid that I might not be able to achieve 100% because I have no DLC characters and I WILL NOT buy the Season Pass just because of this... I literally see everyone achieving this with Aiden and Wrench and people STILL SAY its difficult asf so what about the people who have no DLC characters!?!?! Literally impossible I see? I just don't have any motivation to try it because of that to be honest, I'm absolutely sure this is like a 9/10 difficulty without DLC characters and I'm not gonna go through that pain in the ass :/

Fuck this shit and fuck Ubisoft. 

I see you got it done. Congrats! You just gave me hope. :D

• Like 1