No trophy guide yet??

mike_87

The trophies are very straight forward. E.g. beat each episode and all expansions and beat all expansions on any difficulty and on nightmare which is a challenge itself (shamblers, vores, and spawns are the enemies to watch out), find the entrances to all secret levels, and a few miscellanious trophies like kill a shambler with and axe, and before he fires his electricity attack. Shamblers are weak against nail weapons (the supernailgun ends them really fast) and they take half the damage from the rocket and the grenade launchers.

The pentagram of protection gives you invulnerability for some seconds, while the quad damage gives your weapons four times their firepower (including the axe). The ring of shadows which gives you invisibility can help you sneak through the levels as long as you don't attack enemies. 

You can also make the enemies attack each other, a shambler can help you clean house as long as you can kee your distance between him and the other enemies while trying to make his lightning attack hit other monsters. 

I haven't played the expansions. But regardind the main campaign, the level that gonna be a on.nightmare test is the last one because several shamblers and vores spawn on the way to the final boss.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Deceptrox said:

The trophies are very straight forward. E.g. beat each episode and all expansions and beat all expansions on any difficulty and on nightmare which is a challenge itself (shamblers, vores, and spawns are the enemies to watch out), find the entrances to all secret levels, and a few miscellanious trophies like kill a shambler with and axe, and before he fires his electricity attack. Shamblers are weak against nail weapons (the supernailgun ends them really fast) and they take half the damage from the rocket and the grenade launchers.

The pentagram of protection gives you invulnerability for some seconds, while the quad damage gives your weapons four times their firepower (including the axe). The ring of shadows which gives you invisibility can help you sneak through the levels as long as you don't attack enemies. 

You can also make the enemies attack each other, a shambler can help you clean house as long as you can kee your distance between him and the other enemies while trying to make his lightning attack hit other monsters. 

I haven't played the expansions. But regardind the main campaign, the level that gonna be a on.nightmare test is the last one because several shamblers and vores spawn on the way to the final boss.

No missable trophies then? Sounds like youre saying if im unsure about trophies id be just fine going in doing a blind run initially right?

28 minutes ago, mike_87 said:

No missable trophies then? Sounds like youre saying if im unsure about trophies id be just fine going in doing a blind run initially right?

Yeah, you'll be fine. Just follow the advice on another thread of this game to avoid getting your data corrupted.

The devs didn't bother adding a trophy for finding several secret areas, you only need to find one. If I were them, I would have put a trophy for finding all secret areas in the main campaign. 

There was a guide for secret areas on gamefaqs, it will help you to find The Well of Wishes, which is in The Crypt of Decay level of the second episode.

• Like 1

On 28/08/2021 at 8:44 PM, Deceptrox said:

Yeah, you'll be fine. Just follow the advice on another thread of this game to avoid getting your data corrupted.

The devs didn't bother adding a trophy for finding several secret areas, you only need to find one. If I were them, I would have put a trophy for finding all secret areas in the main campaign. 

There was a guide for secret areas on gamefaqs, it will help you to find The Well of Wishes, which is in The Crypt of Decay level of the second episode.

One more question..how long does the platinum take?

Hi there,

I'm not sure how long it took, but there is plenty of map space to work through, so it can take some time.

If there is enough interest I'll make more of this series.  It's not a direct guide, but may help some people start off on nightmare mode.

• Like 4

On 2/9/2021 at 0:42 PM, mike_87 said:

One more question..how long does the platinum take?

It took me 1 week for the platinum, because you need to play on nightmare and you need to save a lot, even after kill 1 enemy because your health can only reach 50%. Perhaps there are some players that took them less time.

Edited by MonsterCondo

• 2 weeks later...

Just completed it today my first ever run of it, on easy, it was a very cool game, definitely one for the Doom fans, i played on easy because i was so unfamiliar with the game, though id heard of it many years ago but sure ive never played through it in its entirety. Perhaps looks a bit dated but not much of an issue in that sense, cant beat the old retro 90s shooters! Controls were mostly fine apart from the silly rocket jump and shooting underwater wtf! I can imagine nightmare being very tedious, saving every few seconds and taking ages to get a little further through the level. Might just not worry about nightmare for now and just do the extra parts and have fun with it, and do the misc clean up trophies like secret exits etc, nice little game to keep me busy right up to Lost Judgment release next week

Edited by mike_87

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I completed Quake main campaign on Nightmare last night and it wasn't as bad as I expected/remembered. Power ups and saving the game before tough parts help a lot. 

For Shub-Niggurath pit I remember I had a hard time getting through to the portal when I pkayed the Dark Places version since I wanted to kill everything on my path which forced me to use cheats to make it to the portal due to running out of ammo. For this PS4 version I only killed the Shambler that is standing next to Shub-Niggurath and then I rushed to the portal ignoring the Shambler that spawns in front of you. Before reaching the portal a Vore spawned which I quickly dispatched using the Thunderbolt gun. Then I got my gold trophy for completing the game on Nightmare.

After that I immediately started Scourge of Armagon, I'm sure I never played it or the other expansions before despite having a dejavu from a section of the second map. The Centroid enemies  may be a little challenge on Nightmare. I'm looking forward to continue playing this expansion tonight.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’d love to see a guide too! I recently bought this for PS4 but haven’t got around to playing it yet. The last time I played it was Xmas 1996 because it came with the PC we got that year. It wasn’t my favourite 3D shooter (That was probably Redneck Rampage!) but I’m looking forward to the nostalgia.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
25 minutes ago, Jhante_Brown said:

Hi, any update on your guide please?

Hi, I've been quite busy which prevented me from updating the guide. I was planning to make an enemy section detailing how to deal with them but I might skip that to save time. I'll try to make some progress during the following weeks, hopefully I can send it for approval next month.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

Hi, I've been quite busy which prevented me from updating the guide. I was planning to make an enemy section detailing how to deal with them but I might skip that to save time. I'll try to make some progress during the following weeks, hopefully I can send it for approval next month.

What would be the difficulty rating, number of playthroughs and total hours to platinum Quake? For me it would be:

4/10 or 5/10 in difficulty (the newly added chapter was the only difficult part)

1 playthrough (I did the whole game completely blind on Nightmare and it's very manageable with quicksaves imo)

20 to 25 hours

What would you put for these?

30 minutes ago, Flubberwunked said:

What would be the difficulty rating, number of playthroughs and total hours to platinum Quake? For me it would be:

4/10 or 5/10 in difficulty (the newly added chapter was the only difficult part)

1 playthrough (I did the whole game completely blind on Nightmare and it's very manageable with quicksaves imo)

20 to 25 hours

What would you put for these?

A 4/10 difficulty is what I am going to pit in the guide. I can also put a 3/10 but there are some few parts that are tricky on Nightmare. Taking new players into account, a 4/10 is more accurate.

The minimum amount of runs is 5 (1 for each episode) playing on Nightmare right off the bat. Thirty or less hours is a viable number, 25 hours is what I think I'm going to put in the guide.

• Like 1

4 out of 10 is actually a bit low considering how old Quake is. Loved the shareware version growing up as a kid, had someone older than me give me the chance to play it.

Sounds completely doable, and not the horrible experience of Nightmare Co-Op in DOOM 1 & DOOM 2.

On 2/6/2022 at 7:53 AM, AJ_Radio said:

4 out of 10 is actually a bit low considering how old Quake is. Loved the shareware version growing up as a kid, had someone older than me give me the chance to play it.

Sounds completely doable, and not the horrible experience of Nightmare Co-Op in DOOM 1 & DOOM 2.

Yeah, I'll give it a 5 if it weren't for the fact that you can abuse saves which makes Nightmare runs not too difficult.

• 1 year later...
On 06/06/2022 at 1:36 AM, Deceptrox said:

Yeah, if at least the players could spawn where they died.

Wheres your guide then man? Reason im asking is because i abandoned the game unfortunately. I have just 14 trophies and could do witj the guide now plus quake II has just been released with trophies also but they say thats alot easier but less trophies also