Every trophy hunter's lost dream: games you wish you had the time/knowledge to get platinum in your collection but it's too late

I missed the platinum of GTA V Ps3 and CoD Black Ops 2.

Really wanted to get the Bo2 platinum, because it was one of my favourite games and i played online over 3000 hours, but that one stupid league trophy was impossible to get years later.

I didn't care about trophies back in the day when i played it, but i was going to get the trophies -16, until i realised it was already too late...

League Play servers were down.

Edited by TuomasH92
  • Like 1

Ghostbuster: The Video Game. Didn't get any of the online trophies before it went down. The online play was actually terrible from what I've seen, I'm only miffed about it because I ended up buying the game a week after the servers died.

So many similar games on a lot of people's lists.

Here's a few new ones:

Scott Pilgrim vs The World

Literally my first PSN game and hella fun to play. I even got the Knives DLC pack, but not the Wallace one.

Odd that I didn't. It must have released after I 100%'ed the game.

I know, I know: there's a PS4 version. But so far there's so much negativity about it (glitches, crashes, bugs) that I'm steering clear of it until that's fixed.

Brutal Legend

I got the base game, and recently the platinum for it. The Hammer of Infinite Fate DLC is completely gone.

*sad metalhead noises*

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

Played it a very, very short time. Like.. that one time... should have kept the game and finished up the online (or start it) when it was still obtainable. They're stupidly simple to do... just... not without servers.

White Knight Chronicles

I only knew the game existed a week or so before the servers were gone. I played the game on a friend's console during game night and got very interested in playing more.

It wasn't until the servers were long gone that I owned my own copy and played. What a grind it is now.

• Like 1

Crysis 2 and Resistance 2

I did most of the multiplayer trophies without boosting back in 2011/2012, but didn't get the difficult ones (All "skill" kill in Crysis 2 and the 10.000 kills in Resistance 2).

All those years i didn't care about PS3 games I had not complete

I started to pick up PS3 games again to 100% them only last year during the lockdown and I discovered the server were closed, unfortunately.

Same thing for Uncharted 2 and 3 DLC's

• Like 1

On 29/08/2021 at 3:53 PM, depresso-cat said:

Ooh, I was looking to get into Yakuza series, but I'm so OCD about completing the game, I'm now afraid to start it.

As someone who did kiwami 1 and 2 I think as long as you're happy having to learn some odd games you probably don't already know, Mahjong, Koi Koi etc you should be good along with that and a grind, as long as you have some rhythm, taking a break before going back to 0 however those two have burnt me out.

• Like 1

Resistance 2. I wasn't even aware multiplayer games could be shut down at this time, so it really caught me by surprise. By the time I learned the servers were closing was too late.

Other games I can't complete include Burn Zombie Burn (DLC pack was never released), Zombie Apocalypse Never Die Alone (DLC Delisted), and Zen Pinball (DLC Delisted). Technically those last two are still possible, but the odds of finding someone willing to share those DLC is non-existent in 2021.

22 minutes ago, saiyanbloodstyle said:

Also wanted to come back and say AC brotherhood is 1 i wish i got the platinum on, the PS3 version i mean, literally 1 online trophy for the platinum but i tried and tried and it wouldn't happen in 2013....Did get the platinum on PS4 but the PS3 version is gone now because of the online ?

Brotherhood is still up. So get that one done. :P

• Like 1

Oh, I would also like to platinize Spelunker Black, a rare Japanese spelunker version that was listed for a few months in 2010 before being permanently removed. I sent a message to game owners and the vast majority did not respond, some responded saying they no longer had access to the account, including a Brazilian like me who also refused. this game is so rare that there isn't even a way to emulate it on an unlocked ps3 as far as I've researched. that's because the game was never "copied". I recently got my 100% on the second spelunker stack, now it's both Spelunker HD versions with 100%, but this one doesn't stand a chance.

2 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Resistance 2. I wasn't even aware multiplayer games could be shut down at this time, so it really caught me by surprise. By the time I learned the servers were closing was too late.

I remember the Resistance 2 closure announcement at the time, some friends from psn were trying for the trophies, but I didn't because I believed it wouldn't be possible to get it in time (10k kills cough cough)

2 hours ago, saiyanbloodstyle said:

Also wanted to come back and say AC brotherhood is 1 i wish i got the platinum on, the PS3 version i mean, literally 1 online trophy for the platinum but i tried and tried and it wouldn't happen in 2013....Did get the platinum on PS4 but the PS3 version is gone now because of the online 1f62d.png

2 hours ago, Bumperklever said:

Brotherhood is still up. So get that one done. :P

Yes, Brotherhood still works, you just need a good team to boost ?

Games I started that are now impossible to finish : Uncharted 2 & 3 along with Burnout Paradise on PS3. I learned that the servers closure happened in 2019 for Uncharted after a 6 months notice. I was living abroad without both my consoles during that time so even if I knew, I wouldn't have been able to finish them. To be honest I'm still a lil bit bitter about it, I wish I could have done them. Back when I started those games, I didn't know about PSNProfiles so it was always hard to find people to boost with. 

Games I wish I started but ultimately didn't because of a shutdown that makes it impossible to 100% : all the NBA 2K games, I wish I had gone for them sooner. I got myself NBA 2K16 & 2K17 but I never played them on my main account. I did NBA 2K20 recently which made me regret not going for the previous one as I'm a huge basketball fan. My fault.

• Like 2

The 1st EA UFC game is the one I missed the boat on and still pissed me off to this day lol. The game came out a year before I got my first PS4 and that was well before I started actively trophy hunting, servers went down back in 2019 and I never got a chance to try and plat it. Shame too cause that's the only one I need to the complete the full set, wasn't meant to be unfortunately. 

7 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Easier said than done. You need a team of six people who are going to stick around.

discord is the best place for this. Aliens vs Predator multiplayer is much worse, you need 6 friends simultaneously in a ranked, the 6 need to be online on each other's lists on ps3 (which is problematic) no invitation, need to search and find each other. chaotic

On 8/30/2021 at 4:18 PM, felatio_deltoro said:

Lord of the Rings: War in the North - Brutal glitch kept happening where you'd complete a level but it wouldn't unlock the next one, which would only be fixed when starting the game over from scratch.  I played through the game several times on normal before it finally went ok, and then it happened again right at the very last level of my Legendary difficulty run.  That was enough to delete, trade in and never look at it again.

I know exactly what you're talking about because I encountered that glitch couple of times. I remember trying multiple things and somehow getting around it. I think it was something to do with reloading a different save that is in a different difficulty and then reloading the original save and then playing through the level that bugged out again.

Edit: Here's the link to the thread that helped me with resolving the glitch: 

Edited by Yechan
Added a link

I got into trophy hunting at the beginning of 2020 and I've been going back and trying to flesh out my trophy collection. I've been a James Bond fan since I was a kid and the fact that I can't get the platinums for any of the 007 games on PS3 consistently bugs the shit out of me. Damn you MP trophies!