Every trophy hunter's lost dream: games you wish you had the time/knowledge to get platinum in your collection but it's too late

i have more games I missed out on,

lost planet 2 #1 on leaderboard is impossible now apparently but I doubt I could have gotten it anyways :D

blur think there's a trophy you cant earn anymore

ufc 2010 servers are down

nhl 10-14 servers down

mortal kombat vs dc universe 

warhawk

tom clancy's endwar

midnight club la servers down really wish a new midnight club would release >.<

avatar servers down I got the game a couple years ago didn't realize it had online trophies.

fight night champion online gym trophies are impossible now

This one is easy for me, Dante’s Inferno I actually did everything for it back when I wasn’t Trophy Hunting and it was my first platinum ever. But by the time I had gotten into Trophy hunting fully with this account the Trails of Saint Lucia kept me away from replaying the game with the server problems. And now it’s delisted from most stores and I know it’s possible get it from the UK store but that’s to much effort for a dlc that really shouldn’t have been added.

Got a few more:

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale: Thought it was a generic Smash Bros. clone but when i changed my mind it was too late.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2:  Servers down and all the DLCs are delisted, probably because of licensing issues.

Crysis 2: Was interested in playing the trilogy on PS3 but the multiplayer servers for the second one went down before i played it. Crysis 3 should still be up so i better hurry with that.

On PS3:

I switched to the next game very often. Also because I wrote a lot of reviews in the past, so I had little time to go back.

Killzone 2: damn hard online Trophies 

WRC: Just needed that other level Trophy but it's impossible with Gamespy servers gone.

Motorstorm: Resistance: I got it with the PS3 but was more interested in LittleBigPlanet.

Motorstorm: Apocalypse: I started too late before server shutdown.

Buzz: Quiz World: I never really tried, but I even missed out on some easy ones simply because I didn't look at it.

The Tomorrow Children: Offcourse it has no Platinum Trophy, but I simply ran out of time to get the 100%.

• Like 1

Here’s a complete list:

Uncharted 2 - Wasn’t willing to spend 70 - 80 hours boosting the DLC online trophies, so this will be forever incomplete on the PS3. 

Uncharted 3 - Same as Uncharted 2, but roughly TWICE as long at least to get all the online done. 

Grand Theft Auto V - Yet another PS3 game that will be incomplete. Bought this at launch back in 2013, played purely for fun, did some online, got bored and moved on. 

Run Like the Wind has been legit unobtainable since Rockstar removed the Bounty feature for the PS3 version back in 2017. Technically, you can get the trophy if you can somehow convince a modder to do it for you. It just ain’t worth the risk, so I’m simply not going to bother with any of the online. 

The Last of Us - Never got around to starting any of the online in time before the server shutdown on September 2019. I’m left with a game that I cannot sell to anybody, because practically everybody who cared about The Last of Us already has the damn game. 

• Like 1

I hidden this game but Disney Infinity 2.0

I have most of the online trophies except for the one you need to play with 2 and 4 other players.

I've heard there are legit ways to get those two but... ?

Kicking myself for not doing anything to fix it before the online closed.

I really didn't do much online gaming when I was playing it.

• 8 months later...

The only games in my collection that I can no longer get the plat for are Portal 2 and Littlebigplanet - massive shame on both accounts, especially the former since it's one of my all-time favorites (holding out for a port of Portal 1/2 for modern consoles one day, would be easy money for Valve). As far as games I don't own, Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale just for the rep.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2021 at 5:07 PM, TrickyCompa said:

mag, resistance 2,fear 2, mortal kombat 9 x2,twisted metal,gta 5,killzone 2, :)

Would have to completely agree with MAG such a beautiful game huge server battles playing with my friends as VALOR 

MAG, Socom confrontation and socom 4

Resident evil 4. Because they never gave us a plat?

Edited by SOCOM-WARDOG-45
Update

Maybe I’m the only one who sees games becoming unobtainable as a relief, rather than a burden ?

I have a fair few old ones I could never finish now, but when they became impossible, I just saw that as a “free” removal from my backlog…

…I can’t finish them, so now don’t need to feel like I should be trying to! ?

• Like 2

On 09/09/2021 at 5:26 PM, SHADOW-KILLER-S2 said:

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale: Thought it was a generic Smash Bros. clone but when i changed my mind it was too late.

I must have jumped on this one like 7 days before server shutdown. It was a semi-stressful siege of online trophies in a matchmaking system that barely worked when connecting Australian players to other regions.

• Like 1