Amazon: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection $50+ New

Reviews2Go

When did this game become rare and collectible for overpricing?  Check all of the New copies on Amazon.  The cheapest one is $50

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B007FQUEZ8/sr=8-74/qid=1387234060/ref=olp_tab_new?ie=UTF8&colid=&coliid=&condition=new&me=&qid=1387234060&seller=&sr=8-74

Even GameStop still has the price down between $25 and $30.  When did Amazon start doing this?  It's a little ridiculous.  While the games are great, that's way overpriced past even its original price.

• Like 1

They stopped printing the HD collection a while back, but then they released the complete collection with 1, vr missions and 4. I assume the box inside of that box is still the same fo rthe HD collection.

I think that was only on PS3. Still, the PS3 version might also be having pricing issues.

I think that was only on PS3. Still, the PS3 version might also be having pricing issues.

Oh I didn't even realize this was for the vita version. It's likely just out of print, then. Either way, there's the digital option for these games if someone actually wants to play it.

Yeah it is out of print. And, as pointed out above, there is a decent amount of hype around MGS right now. It's one of the best series available on gaming consoles, but these guys are just fools.

Lol, once I saw someone trying to sell a sealed copy of Suikoden II on Amazon's marketplace for $7,000.

Because resellers are the scum of the Earth. Seriously if you don't want the thing anymore don't gouge the price up because then no one wins. What usually happens is idiot A thinks "durr I can get a lot of money for this 500$" Idiot B-Z see that one and they all say "durr I guess that is what it is worth"

Then idiot buyers out there say "durr I know that is a really stupid price to pay for something but I really want it and everyone is selling it for 500$ so that must be what it is worth"\

Finally idiot A gets his sale and from then on that becomes the standard price.

The moral of this story is PEOPLE STOP BEING IDIOTS AND DON'T GOUGE UP PRICES

• Like 1

Yeah it is out of print. And, as pointed out above, there is a decent amount of hype around MGS right now. It's one of the best series available on gaming consoles, but these guys are just fools.

Lol, once I saw someone trying to sell a sealed copy of Suikoden II on Amazon's marketplace for $7,000.

That could explain why Amazon is overcharging, but what about GameStop?  They're New Price for the game is still $29.99.  Why wouldn't they have also jumped on that?

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/metal-gear-solid-hd-collection/99636