Game seems to have been delisted.

Sunny

Hi guys, I had my eye on this game in the PS Store for a while now and for some reason it was really pricey in my country so I was waiting for a sale but I slept on the last one and now when I tried to look it up can't find it anymore, I did a bit of research and it does seem to have been delisted for copyrights shenanigan, which brings my question can a delisted game return to the Store or is it rare? Damn can't believe I miss it I really like Saint Seya?

6 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

It's not impossible for a licensed game to go down for a bit and come back later, but it's more than likely delisted for good. Good news for you though, as you can pick up a physical copy of the game for not that much. 

Eeerrmmm is £60 for a second hand copy not that much to you?  :P 

From what i've seen of the prices for a physical (especially in Europe for an English copy) it's pretty damn pricey!

Thanks for all the answers I really appreciate it, I usually buy digital simply because I live in a small city atm and I'd have to buy it off the internet and I have some real bad luck with damaged discs so I prefer digital most of the time, I'll see if I can find the physical edition, like I mentioned before in the Brazilian PSstore the game was more expensive than newly released games it made no sense to me so I was waiting for a sale... but it's kinda my fault the game has been out for a very long time I should have gotten it sooner, anyways thanks for taking your time to answer guys.

Edited by Sunnyburrito

35 minutes ago, Ancestral_Spirit said:

Eeerrmmm is £60 for a second hand copy not that much to you?  :P 

From what i've seen of the prices for a physical (especially in Europe for an English copy) it's pretty damn pricey!

I saw a bunch on eBay for like $22 so it just depends on your region and search. 

Same thing here in EU. Physical copies are way too expensive in the UK on the second hand market. Can't see it being relisted on the store which is a shame.

Saint Seiya never aired here in the UK as far as I know, so I'm guessing we didn't get too many physical copies here as it would probably sell poorly. Unusual as it's fairly popular in the countries it aired in, I'm surprised it didn't get a run over here. 

30 minutes ago, Glorious Fury said:

Same thing here in EU. Physical copies are way too expensive in the UK on the second hand market. Can't see it being relisted on the store which is a shame.

Saint Seiya never aired here in the UK as far as I know, so I'm guessing we didn't get too many physical copies here as it would probably sell poorly. Unusual as it's fairly popular in the countries it aired in, I'm surprised it didn't get a run over here. 

Here in Brazil it was really popular along with Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball, Yu Yu hakusho etc...they even got the Brazilian dubs from way back in the 90's to re dub the game which was incredible to me such a great fan service, real shame it's gone for good this whole delisting thing is really lame, they should at least throw a sale with a 60% discount as a last farewell so people like us could get our hands on it before it's gone forever.....but it is what is..

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Sunnyburrito said:

Here in Brazil it was really popular along with Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball, Yu Yu hakusho etc...they even got the Brazilian dubs from way back in the 90's to re dub the game which was incredible to me such a great fan service, real shame it's gone for good this whole delisting thing is really lame, they should at least throw a sale with a 60% discount as a last farewell so people like us could get our hands on it before it's gone forever.....but it is what is..

Dragonball was very popular here in the UK, to the point it was one of the most popular shows on Cartoon Network. As a kid, I rushed back home to watch the double marathon of Dragonball Z/Gundam Wing pretty much everyday in the early 00's. Good times! Sailor Moon aired too but didn't get popular here at all. We never got Yu Yu Hakusho, despite being probably one of the closest series to Dragonball in style at that time.  

But yeah, I'd pick it up if it came back on the store at a reasonable price. Is annoying that delisting games happens. At least Seiya/Shiryu are playable in Jump Force!

Edited by Glorious Fury

3 hours ago, Glorious Fury said:

Dragonball was very popular here in the UK, to the point it was one of the most popular shows on Cartoon Network. As a kid, I rushed back home to watch the double marathon of Dragonball Z/Gundam Wing pretty much everyday in the early 00's. Good times! Sailor Moon aired too but didn't get popular here at all. We never got Yu Yu Hakusho, despite being probably one of the closest series to Dragonball in style at that time.  

But yeah, I'd pick it up if it came back on the store at a reasonable price. Is annoying that delisting games happens. At least Seiya/Shiryu are playable in Jump Force!

Your comment brought so much nostalgia, back in the 90's cable tv was really expensive and only rich people could afford it and some anime would only air there, then the original Dragon Ball aired on open tv along with Dragon Quest Dai, Saint Seya, Sailor Moon, Yu Yu Hakusho and Magic Knight Rayearth but the channel that used to broadcast it was going under or merging iirc but it was a hit so later they had a morning tv show called Band Kids which would air a lot of other anime like El Hazard, Buck, Tenchi Muiyo, Shurato and Oh my Goddess, these weren't as popular as the others but it paved the way for anime in our culture I believe, I also remember watching Card Captor Sakura and Yu gi Oh to death.....damn just talking about it got nostalgia tears going, really good times, now that I think about it some of these titles really deserve a game, I'd love a Yu Yu Hakusho game by Arcsys or an Rayearth RPG I beat the SNES one but boi it was rough, unlike Sailor Moon Another Story that one was a really solid JRPG.

J

2 hours ago, NERVergoproxy said:

Ebay NA shows for me plenty of brand new sealed copies for $20-$26 free shipping.

Now that its delisted maybe itll go rare and cost $$$$ someday. Lol

Definitely, I'm kinda taking easy with credit card this month so when my paycheck comes along I'll definitely buy a physical copy before the price skyrocket, just to mention Brave Soldiers was also delisted for the same reason to never return, I hate this whole delisting without  warning thing.

Edited by Sunnyburrito
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Sunnyburrito said:

Your comment brought so much nostalgia, back in the 90's cable tv was really expensive and only rich people could afford it and some anime would only air there, then the original Dragon Ball aired on open tv along with Dragon Quest Dai, Saint Seya, Sailor Moon, Yu Yu Hakusho and Magic Knight Rayearth but the channel that used to broadcast it was going under or merging iirc but it was a hit so later they had a morning tv show called Band Kids which would air a lot of other anime like El Hazard, Buck, Tenchi Muiyo, Shurato and Oh my Goddess, these weren't as popular as the others but it paved the way for anime in our culture I believe, I also remember watching Card Captor Sakura and Yu gi Oh to death.....damn just talking about it got nostalgia tears going, really good times, now that I think about it some of these titles really deserve a game, I'd love a Yu Yu Hakusho game by Arcsys or an Rayearth RPG I beat the SNES one but boi it was rough, unlike Sailor Moon Another Story that one was a really solid JRPG.

Anime only really aired on Sky, which is kinda like cable here in the UK. With Pokemon and Dragonball taking off, UK channels started to embrace Anime more and take a chance on shows. At one point we had a mixture of the likes of Dragonball, Gundam, Sailor Moon, Tenchi, Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, Kinnikuman Nisei, Yu Gi Oh, One Piece (horrible dub), Shaman King and probably more I've not mentioned. It's never really become culture here in the UK compared to other European countries like France, but spawned lots of fans during that time. I loved Anime, but it was the sort of thing I'd keep fairly quiet around my friends with the exception of Dragonball. 

Seeing some of those names of shows brought back nostaliga for me as well. Forgot about stuff like El Hazard and Oh My Goddess, I havent watched those for about 15 years. Alot of those didn't air in the UK, but my older brother was big into Anime at that time and brought bootlegs off Ebay as official DVD releases over here were really expensive, like £40 for 4 episodes. Buying a entire series would cost hundreds and were very cheap on Ebay in comparison. I remember once pretending to be unwell, so I could watch Naruto instead of going to school as I got mega into it haha. I don't really watch Anime much now as I'm not a huge fan of the modern stuff, but have fond memories of loads of series I've watched.

I'd also enjoy some old school series being brought back for a game series. Arcsys did a Hokuto No Ken game back in the PS2 days, so I'd love them to do something with a another Anime franchise as they are more than capable. Yu Yu Hakusho would be a really nice game by Arcsys. Some series would make great JRPGS too for sure. 

Sorry If I've rambled on a bit much and gone a bit off-topic lol.