Possible Ryo Hazuki DLC?

http://segabits.com/blog/2013/12/16/yogscast-may-have-slipped-about-ryo-hazuki-in-sonic-transformed/

transformedRyo-600x258.png

Shenmue 3 still isn’t a thing, but the Yogscast may have revealed S0L’s surprise a little early. During their recent stream around 40 minutes in they had a character select screen that looked larger than normal, and of all the faces to be on there besides Simon was none other than Ryo Hazuki as seen here, and went so far as to have him in a race.

He isn’t steering a forklift but he’s riding an arcade cabinet playing OutRun instead. I assume it’ll transform into WaveRunner cabinet on water and an After Burner II cabinet in the air.  No dates have been revealed or any other details, but Sega fans can rest assured that their demands for more Ryo and more SEGA stars are indeed being met.

UPDATE: Or maybe the hovercraft mode is Ryo riding a Hang On cabinet to keep in theme with the works of Yu Suzuki.

:yay:

Now if we could have Segata Sanshiro riding a giant Sega Saturn...

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/68071/sega-officially-teases-shenmues-ryo-hazuki-in-sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed

ryo-hazuki-sonic-transformed.jpg

Shenmue's Ryo Hazuki in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed was previously leaked during a Yogscast Humble livestream, revealing the hero of the cult adventure Dreamcast title to sport a ridiculous Outrun arcade machine vehicle as well as a Hang-On cabinet. Now Sega is officially teasing the character in a tweet.

When Ryo Hazuki was leaked weeks ago, Sumo Digital's Steve "S0L" Lycett posted on the NeoGAF forums to "pretend we've not seen this." Putting the leak and the tweet together, a Ryo Hazuki DLC for the game may be imminent.

In January, Lycett allowed fans to request additional characters for the game with the top results being sent to Sega for approval. "Actually… We got approval for a specific character this morning. But that’s all I can say right now…," he wrote in a post. The two top requested characters include Shenmue's Ryo Hazuki and Hatsune Miku from rhythm game Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F.

I guess it's official, Ryo will be returning in ASRT.  Cool, but I still want Segata Sanshiro.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/01/02/sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed-out-on-ios-with-ryo-hazuki/

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is out now on iOS for $6.49. Along with the blue rodent and all of his friends, martial arts master and Shenmue star, Ryo Hazuki, has also been added to the roster.

He takes to the air in an After Burner arcade deck. He speeds across the water on a Super Hang-On bike, and, of course, he hits the road in a classics Outrun cabinet.

Wait a minute! What does that license plate say? Let’s get a closer look.

Sonic-Racing-Shenmue-4-630x373.jpg

… SEGA, if you want to keep teasing us, we can just not pick up the phone anymore when you call. I don’t think I can handle anymore talk on Shenmue 3 until we see something more concrete. Please let all these hints pan out in some way. I want to see if Ryo ever finds his sailors.

:hmm: I haven't played much of the Shenmue series, but it'd be pretty cool if we finally got a Shenmue 3...and maybe 1 and 2 on PSN.

• 2 weeks later...

So I just checked on Steam because I was curious since ASRT was updating when I got off work...anyway, yes, there is the Ryo DLC for Steam.  I don't think it's on consoles yet, though...or if it'll ever get there...but at least Steam is better than leaving him on mobile crap, right?

It is $1.60

Edited by Sonic