MGSV PS3 Servers Are Shutting Down May 31st 2022 06:00 AM (UTC)

Source:

https://www.konami.com/mg/jp/info/870/#en

and also in-game apperently. 

Aaaaaand, summary of this thread pinned to the front page:

On 25-4-2022 at 9:59 PM, RNumbers said:

So here's what it sounds like (most critical to least):

100% Unobtainable post shutdown (no FOB missions)

Intruder

Unobtainable post shutdown unless playing V1.0 (can't make/dispose of nuke; see post in this thread from baboon_overlord)

Deterrence

Disarmament

Much harder/grindier post shutdown (more grind to get GMP and resources)

Locked and Loaded

Architect

Slightly harder/grindier post shutdown (more grind to get high-rank soldiers)

Army

Deployment

Edited by Bumperklever
Added latest conclusions from this thread
  • Like 2

Oh my goodness, please put "METAL GEAR SOLID V" in your thread title, here I was thinking this might have been an announcement about the entirety of the PS3 shutting down. As far as I'm aware none of the trophies are online and if they are, I'm never touching the PS3 version of this game anyway. 

• Like 1

Plenty of time for the two online trophies.

Just now, Sergen said:

Oh my goodness, please put "METAL GEAR SOLID V" in your thread title, here I was thinking this might have been an announcement about the entirety of the PS3 shutting down. As far as I'm aware none of the trophies are online and if they are, I'm never touching the PS3 version of this game anyway. 

It have 2 online trophies

13 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

a day to mourn but also to remember and celebrate...clint eastwood will be 92, the late, great john bonham would've been 74, and I'll be turning 40...

there's a trophy for infiltrating an enemy base...you do not need to complete the invasion so this one takes only a few seconds once your mother base is set up for it...I think you need to be past mission 22 to get the option to build and infiltrate fobs...

the second is for building a nuke...this one takes a while to get all the resources to do so...the more upgrades you have to mother base, the faster it goes...I think if you build it offline you will need to farm resources offline, which if I remember correctly, is quite slow...once you have all required resources, you'll then need to wait 24 in game hours to be able to activate it...farming resources online is much quicker and once you build the nuke you will need to wait 24 real time hours as opposed to in game ones...meaning you can exit the game in the interim if you build online...

I thought there was a 3rd online trophy for disarming the above nuke but I could be wrong...this takes money and enemy players can steal a nuke once built so it would be to one's advantage to disarm the nuke promptly once constructed...if an enemy player steals it before doing so, you will need to restart farming/building the nuke from scratch...

memory is a little hazy so apologies if the above is not entirely accurate...

tl:dr...it could take a couple days of farming/crafting/upgrading so not waiting till the final days of server life is recommended...

There are 3 online trophies: Intruder, Deterrence and Disarmament

• Like 2

Wasn't too bad of a grind the actual single player part is a bigger grind like extra objectives and animal library but i wanna ask something, how bad does this run on a ps3? Stable 30 or 15-20? Because if its a slide show i won't bother on ps3 since i already did it on ps4.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, OnuR10Ly said:

Wasn't too bad of a grind the actual single player part is a bigger grind like extra objectives and animal library but i wanna ask something, how bad does this run on a ps3? Stable 30 or 15-20? Because if its a slide show i won't bother on ps3 since i already did it on ps4.

It's honestly pretty trash. I did (most of it) on PS3 because I just really loved the game....however, the load times are terrible, the picture quality is muddy, it just doesn't run that well. It should have been a PC/XB1/PS4 game only. 

• Like 1

Does anyone know if online resources transfer from the PS4 version? I'm replaying it for fun currently and had tons of resources stored online even though I've played a version from a different region. So they transfer between regions (the NA version even detected my EU save file and wanted to convert it) , maybe between systems too? 

If so, I might just jump to the PS3 version and finish that one off. 

17 minutes ago, Shadow_Kisuragi said:

Reading conflicting reports of being able to do the nuke build/disarm offline. Example:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/718564-metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain/74842632

You can use offline resources to build a Nuke but you have to connect to the servers for the trophy to pop, therefore it will be unobtainable once the servers close.

this affects trophies in any way? My impression is that if played pre-patches the answer is 'No'. But if played patched, some trophies got tied in with online components?

So odd...never heard of trophies that can be gotten offline then patched to only be able to get online.

34 minutes ago, NUFCMoobeastie said:

How long do we think Peace Walkers servers will be up with this news on MGSV?

From what I know, Peace Walker's online is Peer-to-Peer.

2 minutes ago, Staufway said:

this affects trophies in any way? My impression is that if played pre-patches the answer is 'No'. But if played patched, some trophies got tied in with online components?

So odd...never heard of trophies that can be gotten offline then patched to only be able to get online.

If this is the case, then the trophies should be technically still obtainable, provided people downgrade to a previous version. Is there anyone that can confirm this?

23 hours ago, the1andonly654 said:

Does anyone know if online resources transfer from the PS4 version? I'm replaying it for fun currently and had tons of resources stored online even though I've played a version from a different region. So they transfer between regions (the NA version even detected my EU save file and wanted to convert it) , maybe between systems too? 

If so, I might just jump to the PS3 version and finish that one off. 

Absolutely not. There is no connection/cross saves etc between the 2 gens. Even if there were, it wouldn't go backwards.

• Like 2