MGSV PS3 Servers Are Shutting Down May 31st 2022 06:00 AM (UTC)

38 minutes ago, Hysteria said:

I’ve got a question about combat dispatch the success probability is 63% how can I increase it & sorry for the stupid question ?1f3fd.png‍♂️.

By getting better recruits on the combat platform so you can send those higher rank soldiers on the mission.

But... for those last few key dispatch missions you shouldn't send S+/S++ rank soldiers. They barely increase success rate compared to S-rank soldiers and you rather want to keep the S+/S++ to have a high level platform because you can lose those high rank soldiers on the mission. And S-ranks are easy to get but S+/S++ are hard to get.
In the long run if you're unlucky with the odds and have to do them a few times, you might lose quite a few S+/S++ soldiers and struggle a bit to get to level 50 on each platform. If you build all platforms of the FOB as well it's easier to get to level 50.

Some even say the odds of the key dispatch missions are better with S-rank soldiers instead of S+/S++ rank soldiers despite the % being a little bit lower.
The most I had to redo a key dispatch mission was 3 times while using S-rank soldiers..

Edited by Kolm
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

If I start the game now, how many hours should I expect to invest to get these online trophies done before servers shutdown?

Depends on your pace how soon you will complete Mission 22, your grinding speed, and plus a minimum of 22 hours of real-time after all that. You can speed up this process after reaching Mission 22 and invading empty high-level FoBs and getting a nice amount of resources and high-ranking staff members (lower material process time). I'd say around 10-15 + minimum of 22 hours (nuke development countdown).

Edited by johncnstntn__

I get the "received MB points" when I log-in daily. Yet I can't see my MB's anywhere. Eben when I try to "insta construct a FOB platform it says I don't have any, which doesn't make sense. I should have several hundreds by now. 

Any ideas?  

2 hours ago, Seamndel said:

I get the "received MB points" when I log-in daily. Yet I can't see my MB's anywhere. Eben when I try to "insta construct a FOB platform it says I don't have any, which doesn't make sense. I should have several hundreds by now. 

Any ideas?  

I don’t think those work anymore.

On 16.4.2022 at 2:02 AM, Hysteria said:

I’ve got a question about combat dispatch the success probability is 63% how can I increase it & sorry for the stupid question ?1f3fd.png‍♂️.

The last missions you neeed to do for the trophy are luck based. You cannot get a better success probability.

Increasing the level of the combat plant does not help and if you are using s -soldiers, you waste a lot of good people. Try it out with A rank soldiers. Unfortunately the dice is fallen after starting the mission. It does not help to load again from a save shortly after mission ending.

7 hours ago, Seamndel said:

Any ideas?  

5 hours ago, I000_NeedIes said:

I don’t think those work anymore.

I read that those MB points are shared between de PS3 and PS4 version. So even if they might no longer show/work on PS3, they might still get added to the total and be available on the PS4 version.

When I played in February I could still see them when I tried to construct a FOB.

44 minutes ago, pewiha said:

The last missions you neeed to do for the trophy are luck based. You cannot get a better success probability.

Increasing the level of the combat plant does not help and if you are using s -soldiers, you waste a lot of good people. Try it out with A rank soldiers. Unfortunately the dice is fallen after starting the mission. It does not help to load again from a save shortly after mission ending.

You can easily farm S-rank soldiers for a certain platform by doing FOB security challenges on that platform. If you pick someone with all platforms build but security level 1, you just have to sprint to the exit. First time it might be a bit annoying to find the exit, but once you know where it is, it'll take 1-2 minutes depending on the platform.
Also: Use L2 to go through the menu instead of R2, then you have less loading of different lists.

So picking S-ranks is okay but don't pick S+/S++ ranks.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Kolm said:

I read that those MB points are shared between de PS3 and PS4 version. So even if they might no longer show/work on PS3, they might still get added to the total and be available on the PS4 version.

When I played in February I could still see them when I tried to construct a FOB.

The MB points are absolutely not shared between generations. Nothing is. 

The game tells you how many points you have when you log in, but from what I gather the points were deactivated some time ago (Even though you still get them in the daily rewards)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

The MB points are absolutely not shared between generations. Nothing is. 

The game tells you how many points you have when you log in, but from what I gather the points were deactivated some time ago (Even though you still get them in the daily rewards)

I'm referring to what someone commented in the trophyguide:

On another note I had many free mb coins collected while playing the game on ps4 and to my suprise these are cross platform with the ps3 so I could use them there where I bought 3 Fobs which help to get more resources and staff.

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/3358-metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain-trophy-guide/comments#message-35916

I know that in February I could still see the total I had when trying to buy an FOB and that changed after a daily reward, maybe they deactivated it afterwards. I no longer have the game installed so I can't check.

2 minutes ago, Kolm said:

I'm referring to what someone commented in the trophyguide:

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/3358-metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain-trophy-guide/comments#message-35916

I know that in February I could still see the total I had when trying to buy an FOB and that changed after a daily reward, maybe they deactivated it afterwards. I no longer have the game installed so I can't check.

I don't have my PS3 one installed either, but I've also heard that the coins aren't usable on the Xbox 360 anymore either. 

I can tell you that I've spent a lot of time on the PS3 and PS4 versions, and you have (had?) a separate coin tally. I fully upgraded all my FOB's on both versions, so I used a bit of coin. They def were not shared. 

On 19-4-2022 at 1:09 PM, Floorkiller74 said:

I don't have my PS3 one installed either, but I've also heard that the coins aren't usable on the Xbox 360 anymore either. 

I can tell you that I've spent a lot of time on the PS3 and PS4 versions, and you have (had?) a separate coin tally. I fully upgraded all my FOB's on both versions, so I used a bit of coin. They def were not shared. 

Well... here was me hoping to have a lot of MB coins when I would start the PS4 version... :( 
That they no longer work on PS3 at a certain point was to be expected.

4 hours ago, I000_NeedIes said:

I’m having trouble connecting to the server. Is anyone else having issues?

4 hours ago, Hysteria said:

Same.

You can always check the status of the servers on here:
https://www.konami.com/mg/jp/info/674/

Regular maintenance is on Tuesday from 6am-9am GMT. Extra maintenance is announced on that page as well.

• Like 2

On 8/31/2021 at 9:46 AM, OnuR10Ly said:

Wasn't too bad of a grind the actual single player part is a bigger grind like extra objectives and animal library but i wanna ask something, how bad does this run on a ps3? Stable 30 or 15-20? Because if its a slide show i won't bother on ps3 since i already did it on ps4.

I never had any framerate problems on PS3. 

Hi I have a question regarding the online trophies if I unlock "them" being the online trophies  before the servers close down can still unlock the platinum later down the road? Like once the server is gone? Or will the server being terminated affect every trophy sorry if this sounds dumb I don't have the luxury to grind rn.

Only those 3 trophies (2 Nuke and 1 invasion) but I assume your processed materials will be gone as well and you have to grind them from zero because they will be transferred to your online FoB after a while. You will need those materials to develop 300 items and expand Mother Base to the maximum trophies.

2 hours ago, A-CryBabyNoob said:

Hi I have a question regarding the online trophies if I unlock "them" being the online trophies  before the servers close down can still unlock the platinum later down the road? Like once the server is gone? Or will the server being terminated affect every trophy sorry if this sounds dumb I don't have the luxury to grind rn.

Only 3 trophies will be rendered unobtainable post-server closure, thus you can still get the Plat once you have them but do note that several other trophies will become a lot more tedious with the online modes gone.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Only 3 trophies will be rendered unobtainable post-server closure, thus you can still get the Plat once you have them but do note that several other trophies will become a lot more tedious with the online modes gone.

Anything more than Locked & Loaded and Architect? Looks like everything else is unaffected, just wondering if I should prioritize anything else.

Edit: I mean in addition to the FOB and nuke ones, of course.

Edited by RNumbers

11 hours ago, johncnstntn__ said:

Only those 3 trophies (2 Nuke and 1 invasion) but I assume your processed materials will be gone as well and you have to grind them from zero because they will be transferred to your online FoB after a while. You will need those materials to develop 300 items and expand Mother Base to the maximum trophies.

You will lose your online materials, but your offline resources won't be effected. That will make things a lot slower for sure. The game really is designed to be played connected to the internet. You won't be starting from zero again though. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

Anything more than Locked & Loaded and Architect? Looks like everything else is unaffected, just wondering if I should prioritize anything else.

Edit: I mean in addition to the FOB and nuke ones, of course.

Only those 3 will be rendered unobtainable but anything that requires a lot of resources to build/research, will take a lot longer to get since the rate you earn resources will be reduced.

12 hours ago, A-CryBabyNoob said:

Like other people said, if you earn those 3 trophies (Deterrance, Disposal, and Intruder) you will be able to earn the platinum, however the materials/GMP grind will be worse. For example when I played the game I had 3 million GMP where only 500k or less was offline GMP. The same applies for materials so expect a longer grind.

Likewise, aside from the ones given to you when you complete the real ending, you won't be able to obtain more S++ combat soldiers in-game. I don't remember if the maps contain more S++ soldiers from other categories during missions or while in free roam post-game.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 1