MGSV PS3 Servers Are Shutting Down May 31st 2022 06:00 AM (UTC)

12 hours ago, RNumbers said:

So here's what it sounds like (most critical to least):

100% Unobtainable post shutdown (no FOB missions)

Intruder

Unobtainable post shutdown unless playing V1.0 (can't make/dispose of nuke; see post in this thread from baboon_overlord)

Deterrence

Disarmament

Much harder/grindier post shutdown (more grind to get GMP and resources)

Locked and Loaded

Architect

Slightly harder/grindier post shutdown (more grind to get high-rank soldiers)

Army

Deployment

Does that sound right?

Do you still make one FOB offline? Otherwise it will be WAY harder to get Army because the personnel cap for each group and overall will be significantly lower. Even if not the resource cost for upgrading your Mother Base/FOB might push this a category up.

Best answer so far, thanks. This should be highlighted somewhere to avoid the same question again and again from people who don't want to read.

• Like 2

Just now, Floorkiller74 said:

You will lose your online materials, but your offline resources won't be effected. That will make things a lot slower for sure. The game really is designed to be played connected to the internet. You won't be starting from zero again though. 

Those offline resources will be transferred to your online FoB while you playing. You won't keep a very high amount of resources in your offline base once you build FoB.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2022 at 4:17 AM, walafc0 said:

Best answer so far, thanks. This should be highlighted somewhere to avoid the same question again and again from people who don't want to read.

Imagine being new to the forum and not knowing how the site works... excuse me for asking a simple yes or no question 

3 minutes ago, A-CryBabyNoob said:

Imagine being new to the forum and not knowing how the site works... excuse me for asking a simple yes or no question 

It’s ok I wasn’t aware of such a forum in here or even how to use them properly not knowing a thing in the first place is a part of life until you are curious or in need . 

Anyone know if the "Event" blueprints are required for Collector? Nothing I've read indicates they do, but that would suck as it's probably too late to get them all already so you'd need to revert to V1.0 to get that trophy.

From a Google search, these are event blueprints:

Sniper Molotok
Pistol AM A114
Wormhole generator (I believe this one is currently active as of 4/25 or so)
MIRAZH-71 launcher

14 hours ago, RNumbers said:

Anyone know if the "Event" blueprints are required for Collector?

No, they're not.

You don't even get new blueprints with them, the weapons unlock directly in your development tree.

There are 8 exclusive FOB event weapons and 1 exclusive item. They're all quite high in the development requirements (unit level 80 and upwards), people recently started won't be able to get them anyway.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, nik_west said:

No, they're not.

You don't even get new blueprints with them, the weapons unlock directly in your development tree.

There are 8 exclusive FOB event weapons and 1 exclusive item. They're all quite high in the development requirements (unit level 80 and upwards), people recently started won't be able to get them anyway.

Cool, thanks. It's what I assumed but good to have confirmation!

• Like 1

On 4/22/2022 at 3:27 PM, Remilia Scarlet said:

I never had any framerate problems on PS3. 

Well, PS3 and X360 versions of Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain are known for their framerate issues. The game was too much to handle for these consoles. I'm currently playing The Phantom Pain having 100% cleared Ground Zeroes last week so I could export the complete savegame and both games target 30 fps, but a lot of the time run in the low 20's mark.

Edited by Wip3r_U

On 25/04/2022 at 9:20 PM, Deceptrox said:

Like other people said, if you earn those 3 trophies (Deterrance, Disposal, and Intruder) you will be able to earn the platinum, however the materials/GMP grind will be worse. For example when I played the game I had 3 million GMP where only 500k or less was offline GMP. The same applies for materials so expect a longer grind.

Likewise, aside from the ones given to you when you complete the real ending, you won't be able to obtain more S++ combat soldiers in-game. I don't remember if the maps contain more S++ soldiers from other categories during missions or while in free roam post-game.

You definitely can't get S++ in missions aside the few rewarded automatically, only farmable online events or in high level FOB invasions. Or maybe if you got out of your way to get a very high rank S/S+ and have him earn all three medals and max out his loyalty, maybe he could reach S++, but really it's not worth it.

Actually even S+ you can't find them anyway. About that I had a very weird thing happening to me when I played. I think I encountered maybe no more than 10 S+ on the field, the first couple I didn't check right away but then I couldn't find them in my base, I brushed that off as me being a dumbass and reloading checkpoints while not going back to capture them. But then I started checking out when I became suspicious something was up and indeed there was, the S+ I'd capture reverted back to rank S afterwards. I don't know the reason, either it's because there's a slight difference of ranking between what you see in the goggles and in the base (like a difference between a superior or equal or strictly superior stat to a certain treshold), or it may be some sort of system to circumvent the fact that soldier skill increase with your base level and heroism (IIRC), and keep the S+ and higher soldiers strictly online to incentivize players to engage with it (it's not like you need that high teams to craft the offline items anyway), only the cap seems really half-assed if it is so.

1 minute ago, GastNDorf said:

You definitely can't get S++ in missions aside the few rewarded automatically, only farmable online events or in high level FOB invasions. Or maybe if you got out of your way to get a very high rank S/S+ and have him earn all three medals and max out his loyalty, maybe he could reach S++, but really it's not worth it.

Actually even S+ you can't find them anyway. About that I had a very weird thing happening to me when I played. I think I encountered maybe no more than 10 S+ on the field, the first couple I didn't check right away but then I couldn't find them in my base, I brushed that off as me being a dumbass and reloading checkpoints while not going back to capture them. But then I started checking out when I became suspicious something was up and indeed there was, the S+ I'd capture reverted back to rank S afterwards. I don't know the reason, either it's because there's a slight difference of ranking between what you see in the goggles and in the base (like a difference between a superior or equal or strictly superior stat to a certain treshold), or it may be some sort of system to circumvent the fact that soldier skill increase with your base level and heroism (IIRC), and keep the S+ and higher soldiers strictly online to incentivize players to engage with it (it's not like you need that high teams to craft the offline items anyway), only the cap seems really half-assed if it is so.

Check the soldiers abilities, if you find an S+ soldiers when you zoom in with the binoculars and after recruiting him/her he/she becomes an S soldiers it means that soldier has a boaster ability which disguises his/her real rank.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

Check the soldiers abilities, if you find an S+ soldiers when you zoom in with the binoculars and after recruiting him/her he/she becomes an S soldiers it means that soldier has a boaster ability which disguises his/her real rank.

I got the platinum and uninstalled the game a while back already, so I don't think I'm going to check on it. But you're probably right, it may be that perk causing it.

On 12/04/2022 at 4:24 AM, Floorkiller74 said:

LOL, I still think it looks like Mud on the PS3. I should point out the game was good for a long while on the pS3, but as I got up the higher levels the game became really unstable *And this choppy/slow) Having played 5 versions of the game, I found the PS3 version to be the least stable,

Fair play mate, this is entierly subjective. I have a tolerance for graphics that is well beneath a lot of people. Dragon Age Origins is one of my favorite games ever, compare the graphics to Uncharted and, well...still an amazing game.

I think the game looks amazing on PS3, it plays exactly the same as on PS4. And there is nothing more based in the universe than listening to Quiet blast out Joy Division's Love Will Tear Us Apart on the Medical rig, before smoking a Phantom Cigar and watching the precession of the Equinox and the mining rigs sped up, earning you sweet, sweet resources. 

Anyway, as I am sure you realised, I respected your "review", and it worked out in my favour, so thank you. I got a brand new copy for peanuts, and got a shiny new VR Plat for my trouble. Thank you, I appreciate it.

Now, if you want a game that looks like "mud", try Shadow of Mordor on PS3. Without the patch, that game is unplayable (unless you like being in a psychedelic nightmare!). With the patch it's....ok....but when you said what you said, that was what I was expecting. It wasn't. I loved the game very much. 

Edited by baboon_overlord

On 25/04/2022 at 9:59 PM, RNumbers said:

Intruder

Unobtainable post shutdown unless playing V1.0 (can't make/dispose of nuke; see post in this thread from baboon_overlord)

Deterrence

Disarmament

Locked and Loaded

Architect

Army

Deployment

Does that sound right?

Do you still make one FOB offline? Otherwise it will be WAY harder to get Army because the personnel cap for each group and overall will be significantly lower. Even if not the resource cost for upgrading your Mother Base/FOB might push this a category up.

Hi RNumbers, sorry for the delayed reply, I kid you not but I live in France and we are devolving into South Africa, criminals keep stealing the copper ADSL cables and I don't have fibre yet (FML). I work from home and have been without Internet for near on a month,

Anyway...this is a thread I have been meaning to post on, so here we go...

As an update to my previous post, I had obtained Locked and Loaded, Architect and Deployment before I decided to update. I hadn't seen a single S rank soldier out in the wild and knew this must have been a patch issue. Upon updating, I got all the rewards for the challenges, and suddenly S rank soldiers were everywhere.

I would recommend updating after you have the three trophies mentioned above. Obviously you need Invader, so it has to be done. Army is also much easier that way, even though you have to build out the Security FOB, but if you took my advice from one of my posts above, you would have had ample resources by this point. Got Quiet back, but I only used her for the stealth missions (actually, she was useless for Total Stealth: Over the Fence, so I brought D-Dog with me). The a-holes kept finding me (I swear some of the S ranks/mission objectives were way harder on this version than PS4). Anyway, in the end I just called in the helicopter to pick me up. The enemies started shooting the helicopter whilst I rescued the prisoner and got most of the mission objectives....S Rank. You're welcome.  ?

I wasn't trying to speed run the game by any means, I was having a blast, but it's quite pleasing to see oneself at 303 in the fastest achievers category (out of 39,000), not too shabby. 

On the online, I only managed to connect three times. The online sucks like hell. I have exactly the same ADSL and router that I had when I Platinumed the PS4 version, and PS4 games take up way more resources. Konami support was friendly, but useless. I also asked them if they would patch the game to make all the trophies available, but the answer they gave was also useless, so sorry I can't help any of you with that. I did try though....

To answer your questions:

Intruder

- As above, I did ask Konami support and couldn't get an answer. Assume yes for now. I don't see why they couldn't give the trophy after the FOB invasion tutorial mission. But Konami are basically pure distilled evil these days, so I doubt they care....

Deterrence

Disarmament

- Thanks for the namecheck. ? Confirm that is NOT an online trophy, at least on patch 1.0.

Locked and Loaded

Architect

On patch 1.0 this is a piece of cake. You should be able to get these no problems on patch 1.0. 

Army

Deployment

- I would assume the patch just updates the game to make it easier to get S rank soldiers. Army should be quite easier, just slower if challenges are removed (unknown) and you don't have an FOB. On this playthrough and my first, I was connected online to get Army, I don't know how hard it would be if you don't have an FOB, although I can say that without an FOB you won't need to worry about the Security team. I'm guessing it will be fine as long as the game gives plenty of high ranked soldiers in the wild.

- Dunno, it's a good question. There are no FOBs on patch 1.0. I think that Army was the trophy I was dreading the most. By building out the FOB when I managed to connect, I got it no issues (my biggest challenge was connecting to Konami's crappy server). 

I think a lot of it depends on whether Konami patch the game to make the trophies obtainable or not. They could do easily. I have my doubts.  

• Like 1

On 16/04/2022 at 2:02 AM, Hysteria said:

I’ve got a question about combat dispatch the success probability is 63% how can I increase it & sorry for the stupid question ??‍♂️.

You don't need to increase the %. Back in the day on PS4 I had an 85% chance of success for "Prevent the Coup D'Etat". I failed it three times in a row.

On patch 1.0 on PS3, I got it first time, my chance of success was 51%.

Some gamers on reddit tried save scumming to see if it was RNG on completion; what they found was that it was RNG the moment you press X to start the "mission".

50% is a coin flip, the rest is the game's internal RNG logic. Nothing you can do but try....

On 12/04/2022 at 3:47 AM, Otonio_Bruno said:

"You're pretty good!"

Awesome research, @baboon_overlord, it definitely helps those who still haven't started this yet because you can just rush to mission 22 to get the FOB event and then just revert/start from scratch to get the nuke trophies later on at their leisure.

Thank you my friend. Please see my post here for an update.

I would have posted this sooner, but thanks to the power of anarcho-tyranny, I haven't had Internet for a month and am now drowning in work...

On 12/04/2022 at 3:47 AM, Otonio_Bruno said:

"You're pretty good!"

Awesome research, @baboon_overlord, it definitely helps those who still haven't started this yet because you can just rush to mission 22 to get the FOB event and then just revert/start from scratch to get the nuke trophies later on at their leisure.

Thanks for the video, it cracked me up. That poor man had a bad day. Let's hope he doesn't turn into the Joker/Honkler...

On 30/04/2022 at 6:44 PM, Deceptrox said:

100% correct answer.

On 25/04/2022 at 9:59 PM, RNumbers said:

Intruder

Deterrence

Disarmament

Locked and Loaded

Architect

Army

Deployment

Does that sound right?

Hi RNumbers, thanks for this great summary and my apologies, I am working on a trading system (for financial markets) at the moment, a task so Herculean I would not wish it on my worst enemy. Days pass like hours (like a Phantom Cigar, but less pleasurable, presumably). Anyway, to add to your post, I forgot to mention the following yesterday.

To S Rank Sahelanthropus on Extreme, Metallic Archaea on Extreme and A Quiet Exit, you are going to need an R&D Team in the low 60s (as per my play style/uselessness, others may disagree). The fully upgraded CGM makes such short worth of the Skulls and Sahelanthropus it's almost a joke. I have no idea how you fully complete A Quiet Exit without the Parasite Suit: with the armour, you can extract all the tanks with little bother. Having the fully upgraded suit massively reduces the stress (I hate the last tank that cheaply oneshot kills you without the armour).

I can't think of any other missions/mission objectives where this might be an issue but am adding this for completeness. 

Just wondering is it the ps3 version online servers that are just shutting down or also the ps4 servers too? Because I just read on the psn store for the ps4 version and it said this at the description for the game at the bottom for ps4 version. 

Words at the bottom are copy and pasted directly from the psn store. Can't seem to change the font color.

"[Important Notification]
The online services of the PlayStation4 version of METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES will be terminated by May 31, 2022 at 06:00 UTC.
The main game can still be played offline after the online service ends."

1 minute ago, nooitzben said:

Just wondering is it the ps3 version online servers that are just shutting down or also the ps4 servers too? Because I just read on the psn store for the ps4 version and it said this at the description for the game at the bottom for ps4 version. 

Words at the bottom are copy and pasted directly from the psn store. Can't seem to change the font color.

"[Important Notification]
The online services of the PlayStation4 version of METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES will be terminated by May 31, 2022 at 06:00 UTC.
The main game can still be played offline after the online service ends."

As I read only the PS3 version will shutdown.