MGSV PS3 Servers Are Shutting Down May 31st 2022 06:00 AM (UTC)

4 minutes ago, nooitzben said:

Just wondering is it the ps3 version online servers that are just shutting down or also the ps4 servers too? Because I just read on the psn store for the ps4 version and it said this at the description for the game at the bottom for ps4 version. 

Words at the bottom are copy and pasted directly from the psn store. Can't seem to change the font color.

"[Important Notification]
The online services of the PlayStation4 version of METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES will be terminated by May 31, 2022 at 06:00 UTC.
The main game can still be played offline after the online service ends."

The servers for the PS4 version of The Phantom Pain are not shutting down. It's the servers for the PS3 version of The Phantom Pain, and both the PS3 & PS4 versions of Ground Zeroes that are shutting down.

1 minute ago, nooitzben said:

I'm not so sure when on the psn store for the ps4 version also states that PS4 online will shutdown at the end of this month too.

Ground Zeroes is a different game to The Phantom Pain. Ground Zeroes is the prologue of The Phantom Pain that was released before it.

Edited by Stevieboy

1 minute ago, Stevieboy said:

The servers for the PS4 version of The Phantom Pain are not shutting down. It's the servers for the PS3 version of The Phantom Pain, and both the PS3 & PS4 versions of Ground Zeroes that are shutting down.

NM my mistake. I got confused cuz I was reading from the MGS V definitive page. So its Ground Zeroes that is shutting down unfortunately. GZ has no online stuff as far as I know?

1 minute ago, nooitzben said:

NM my mistake. I got confused cuz I was reading from the MGS V definitive page. So its Ground Zeroes that is shutting down unfortunately. GZ has no online stuff as far as I know?

No MP trophies at all for both versions.

On 16.04.2022 at 2:02 AM, Hysteria said:

I’ve got a question about combat dispatch the success probability is 63% how can I increase it & sorry for the stupid question ?1f3fd.png‍♂️.

Get better soldiers. The last 4 missions will always be 55% at best so it's gonna be a gamble. Found out that if you sit for those two hours at the dispatch menu and afk it wouldn't fail them for me. But i may have just gotten lucky with it.

Just got the Intruder trophy (after mission 22), it took me 7 days since I started the ps3 version of the game, but I was playing slowly and not every day.

Now I'm onto the Detterence (right after mission 31, right?) and Disarmament trophies.

This game is great, btw.

• Like 1

Hey I wonder: Can I back up my save file before I create the Nuke then disarm it for the trophies, then put back that file to restore the amount of heroism? I’m not sure whenever I should do it, before or after I get the Hero trophy.

Edited by MaxieM0us3

21 hours ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

Hey I wonder: Can I back up my save file before I create the Nuke then disarm it for the trophies, then put back that file to restore the amount of heroism? I’m not sure whenever I should do it, before or after I get the Hero trophy.

This will work only if you're playing the 1.00 version offline. If you're playing and the game's online, then your game is up to date and some items are stored server-side, nukes being one of those.

22 hours ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

It doesn't really matter, the game hands out heroism points like candy. You'll have more than enough going for everything else. You will most likely have the hero trophy before you can even build a nuke anyway. 

48 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

It doesn't really matter, the game hands out heroism points like candy. You'll have more than enough going for everything else. You will most likely have the hero trophy before you can even build a nuke anyway. 

I already have all the online ressources necessary to build a nuke, so I’m waiting for a concrete answer. :)

Edited by MaxieM0us3

1 hour ago, damage_6-9 said:

Oh well, yet another game I will never have the plat for.

Purely my own fault - have owned this since day one, just never got around to actually playing after installing, lol

you can get these related trophies in a few hours ?

Hey guys, I know that only the PS3 servers for TPP are closing at the end of the month, but im afraid the PS4 servers are next or Konami just decide to close soon (rip LBP servers).

Knowing that, I plan to do the online trophies this week/next week. I should only focus on getting Intruder? Anyone can confirm that you can get the develop/dispose a nuclear weapon trophy even after the server closure if you're running the 1.00 version? (I have the disc version so that shouldn't be a problem). Thanks in advance guys.

Just now, Kamaros_ said:

Hey guys, I know that only the PS3 servers for TPP are closing at the end of the month, but im afraid the PS4 servers are next or Konami just decide to close soon (rip LBP servers).

Knowing that, I plan to do the online trophies this week/next week. I should only focus on getting Intruder? Anyone can confirm that you can get the develop/dispose a nuclear weapon trophy even after the server closure if you're running the 1.00 version? (I have the disc version so that shouldn't be a problem). Thanks in advance guys.

Ok here is an advise that you may not Hear it before , the best option if you don’t start the PS4 version just wait until the shutdown of PS3 version then wait after it a week or two weeks maximum. If everything is fine on PS4 then start to get it .

1 minute ago, Hysteria said:

Ok here is an advise that you may not Hear it before , the best option if you don’t start the PS4 version just wait until the shutdown of PS3 version then wait after it a week or two weeks maximum. If everything is fine on PS4 then start to get it .

Unfortunately I already started it, started playing back in 2015 when the game launched, just now getting back to it.

Just now, Kamaros_ said:

Unfortunately I already started it, started playing back in 2015 when the game launched, just now getting back to it.

Ok then get them fast but don’t play when you are very tired you know health is very important ^^ the developers made it clear it’s only on PS3 so don’t stress yourself out . (:

2 minutes ago, OverHypedG said:

Is it still possible to get all multiplayer trophies in this span of time? How long does it take to get to mission 22 approximately?

I should worry only about these 3 trophies?

Deterrence

Disarmament

Intruder

Yes and yes (though the nuke trophies can be done offline if you play unpatched) but once you get to the week of the shutdown, it will become increasingly difficult to get everything done before the servers actually close so don't dawdle if you want the Plat. I don't know how long exactly it will take to reach the required mission but I imagine it will take a few hours.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well... It is officially offline for PS3ers and Xbox last gen. I think what really hurts the most is around the announcement time of shutting down for us last gen users, was to how adamant Konami would be towards us in not reducing the cost / development time for all of the items. No. They kept their foot down and left everything as is. There's not even a "Thank you for playing message", let alone, "Your progress is awaiting for you over on PlayStation 4", not that they want to get with the times and support cross-save anyways...

Anything with a dash of online relativity is disabled, with the exception of developing non-online items not highlighted yellow. Before it officially shut down, I started developing a  nuke, and my 4 developing items that which 2 of would have finished today (5/31/2022) and 2 others 5 days afterwards, the timer for all these went away.

Edited by Akina8373
  • Like 1

The day has come. Hope y'all got the trophies. I got them back when I was dying of Covid in January but haven't played much more of the game beyond the point where I can make a nuke. The grind to the platinum is gonna be a real bitch without online but I'll get to it one day.

Edited by Stan Lee
  • Like 2