MGSV PS3 Servers Are Shutting Down May 31st 2022 06:00 AM (UTC)

I wanted to buy this game and get these online trophies so I could get all of the MGS games platinumed on PS3 

but I literally picked the worst day lol. Oh well, at least I never popped any other trophies from this game so it will never be on my list. Going to have to go for the PS4 trophies before thats eventually too late.

22 minutes ago, JediOfStealth said:

I wanted to buy this game and get these online trophies so I could get all of the MGS games platinumed on PS3 

but I literally picked the worst day lol. Oh well, at least I never popped any other trophies from this game so it will never be on my list. Going to have to go for the PS4 trophies before thats eventually too late.

You only had 7 years to do it, and 9 months notice of the server closures. You didn't want it that badly ?

At least you didn't start it and are left with unobtainable trophies and can just do the PS4 version. I'll be starting that one soon myself. I was just waiting on 100% confirmation it wasn't impacted by the server closures.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, PeachyJacobs said:

You only had 7 years to do it, and 9 months notice of the server closures. You didn't want it that badly 1f642.png

At least you didn't start it and are left with unobtainable trophies and can just do the PS4 version. I'll be starting that one soon myself. I was just waiting on 100% confirmation it wasn't impacted by the server closures.

I mean I did want it, but I have other things to do and wasnt in a hurry. The game shouldnt have trophies locked to servers anyways, it ruins single player games.

Edited by JediOfStealth
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JediOfStealth said:

I mean I did want it, but I have other things to do and wasnt in a hurry. The game shouldnt have trophies locked to servers anyways, it ruins single player games.

I get what you mean, but MGS V on PS3 was not a single player game. The online component was an integral part of the game’s design and themes.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JediOfStealth said:

It's not a total loss; none of the online trophies were gold, thankfully! Only 2 bronzes and 1 silver were.

At this point, without the assistance of online functionality, you will need to find a Botanist (prisoner or soldier) and extract them and use them to plant farm for Haoma's and gold Digi plants (forget the name, but there's a purple counterpart of it as well), accumulate enough plants & such and sell them for GMP, which is what you'll need at this point to develop items.

There's also tank / armored vehicle farming methods to sell for GMP. + container farming.

Container farming was the go-to when you didn't wanna do FoB runs for such, and all you'd have to do was start a mission that had material containers on ground, not in the ACC (Aerial Command Center), extract containers but DO NOT finish said mission, get to a checkpoint and let your items arrive at Motherbase and quit the mission where you will spawn back near where you started the mission on ground. Rinse & repeat.

• Like 1