Mahjong Exposed Dragon

PlatinumLeznis

Any tips on how to get this trophy?

I know basic rules, how mahjong works, but this trophy in 99% comes down to RNG.

My question is, what can I do to increase my chances?

I've read somewhere, that Kuitan gives you better chance, since you can win with combination hand.

I've always turned off every modifier and played half-game. Once I had every triplet exposed, and got a pair (2x two green sticks) I couldn't declare Tsumo nor Ron. I even recorded that, so someone could explain what I did wrong (I will upload this a few minutes later).

1 hour ago, ppbbgg3 said:

Once I had every triplet exposed, and got a pair (2x two green sticks) I couldn't declare Tsumo nor Ron. I even recorded that, so someone could explain what I did wrong (I will upload this a few minutes later).

This is a valid yaku worth 2 Han when exposed which should've netted you the win so this seems odd unless I'm missing a detail I'm not aware off. Maybe I can get more info when you post the video or screenshot

Funny enough I got the trophy yesterday when I was replaying the game on my alt.  I also formed an all triplet hand with a green dragon triplet, worth in total 3 han. 

You can get this trophy using some examples below with the 2 Han minimum rule off:

- a triplet matching your wind seat or prevailing wind. 

- any red, green or white dragon triplet

- with the kuitan rule turned on, you can build an all simples hand (tiles numbered from 2-8)

- three colour straight (any identical sequence across the 3 different tile groups)

- full straight (numbers 1-9 from one tile group)

With the 2 Han minimum on:

- all triplets

- double wind (i.e if the seat wind and prevailing wind match, then if you can get a triplet of that wind tile, you get 2 Han)

- a matching wind triplet to your seat or prevailing wind combined with a red, green or white dragon triplet. 

- really, any combination that combines two of the 1 han hands listed in the above section

Edited by PooPooBlast
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PooPooBlast said:

with the kuitan rule turned on, you can build an all simples hand (tiles numbered from 2-8)

I've seen somewhere that you have to have at least one special triplet in hand (meaning: red/green dragon/wind). Probably I was missing it in my gameplay.

Sadly I can't find this video. I thought I saved it but I didn't. Probably because of my rage ;pp

And what's with the "seats"? I never got it right. What does it mean in the gameplay?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ppbbgg3 said:

I've seen somewhere that you have to have at least one special triplet in hand (meaning: red/green dragon/wind). Probably I was missing it in my gameplay.

But this wouldn't matter if you had an all triplet hand because that in of itself should be worth 2 han when exposed! Anyway, it's weird that you didn't get it. Maybe just try one of the strategies i mentioned above

2 hours ago, ppbbgg3 said:

And what's with the "seats"? I never got it right. What does it mean in the gameplay?

Here is an example

qv1Jgs0.png

The seat wind is shown in blue circle. It is showing south here so if you get a triplet of the south winds, you get 1 han. The prevailing wind is shown in pink circle and it is showing east. So if you get a triplet with the east wind tiles you get 1 han. 

Edited by PooPooBlast
  • Like 1

as per CyricZ's guide on gamefaqs

'The way to get this is to have a winning hand and call "Pon" or "Chi" four times in order to have a single concealed tile that's one of a pair and get the paired tile as your last move. I suggest only trying this if you can get a trio of dragons or a scoring wind (seat or prevailing). If you can lock that down, steal for your other three melds of any kind, then hope you get the pair'

Also, his excellent guide to Mahjong.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps4/239455-yakuza-3-remastered/faqs/77723/mahjong

Artty44.png

Edited by Artty44
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Artty44 said:

as per CyricZ's guide on gamefaqs

'The way to get this is to have a winning hand and call "Pon" or "Chi" four times in order to have a single concealed tile that's one of a pair and get the paired tile as your last move. I suggest only trying this if you can get a trio of dragons or a scoring wind (seat or prevailing). If you can lock that down, steal for your other three melds of any kind, then hope you get the pair'

Also, his excellent guide to Mahjong.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps4/239455-yakuza-3-remastered/faqs/77723/mahjong

Artty44.png

FYI that (unbelievably awesome btw) guide is also the reference for my point about discards, namely:

"There's also a rule called "Furiten" that might come up. Basically what it means is that if you have a complete hand, but the tile you need to win on is in the discards, then you can't get a "Ron" off an opponent. You can only go "Tsumo" or change your hand so that you're no longer in a Furiten state."

I've definitely had this happen to me a few times where I've had a final pair that would normally allow me to Tsumo but the game won't let me declare.