Trophy Thoughts?

the_real_culture

7 hours ago, Thermopyle2 said:

Missable collectables, and there's also a missable trophy for not being caught in 3 chase/sneak encounters with an enemy. The not getting caught achievement (Phantom, a silver) was easy to work around by not choosing to continue (if you get caught, you die) and instead backing out to the main menu and loading the most recent auto-save. 

The collectibles are well-documented for the Xbox version so it should be a straightforward plat. I think it took me around 5 hours to 100%.

Don't forget the kitty cat =p

Also going to need to wait for a patch to fix this one. 

12 hours ago, MrTrofyHunter said:

But is it fun and would I get the heebie jeebies I so look forward to experiencing with these kinds of games? It’s on my radar. 

I liked it. Basic gameplay is a 3rd person walking sim with collectibles to tell the tale. It's got some really cool imagery, the dual viewport thing creates some neat visuals, and the basic story and character is interesting enough. I don't think it's worth $50, however, and I doubt it'll scare most players.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, liammill18 said:

Word of warning, many trophies are currently broken. I finished the game last week and many trophies did not award. Check out my profile (at time of writing) to see how I’m missing a variety of story trophies despite having finished the game.

Oof. I had one of the story based trophies not popping the first time around. I'm currently stuck with echoes and Thomas notes not tracking at all, either in activity cards or simply grabbing them all. Tried the classic tricks - deleting save, starting a new, deleting/redownloading. No clue why they're not tracking :/

9 hours ago, liammill18 said:

Word of warning, many trophies are currently broken. I finished the game last week and many trophies did not award. Check out my profile (at time of writing) to see how I’m missing a variety of story trophies despite having finished the game.

Well it's bloober we are talking about, can't say im surprised. I pre-oredered the game but guess i'll wait until a later patch before i start playing it. Unless the release a day 1 patch.

I see some people have the plat though. Maybe you didn't play on the 1.001 patch?

13 hours ago, liammill18 said:

They're fixed now. Used to be the last 4 trophies in the game didn't unlock (plus the plat) but they're all popping as they should now. 

EDIT: The only one that will automatically pop if you hit continue (after finishing the story) is An Unknown Outcome. You'll need to redo the Pump Station, Mirror, and Ending for those 3 story-related trophies to get them to unlock. The Pump Station is the only one that you might not have a save file available since it's a bit of a way back. If you don't have an autosave for that one, you'll need to start a new game to get it. 

Edited by Velvet

1 hour ago, PsYcHoNxVa said:

Can someone tell me how long it takes to get the Platinum? It looks like one of those 3-5 hour games.

There are YT videos of people playing the Xbox version which is identical. 100% runs weigh in from a bit over 3 hours to a bit over 5, from the ones I've looked at. There are plenty of collectibles and some puzzles to deal with so definitely expect your time to be greater from checking videos and solutions, but if you pause while looking where the next collectible is and such then your time should be around that.

I recall my own save being right about at 5 hours. 

• Like 1

On 9/3/2021 at 11:59 AM, Thermopyle2 said:

There are YT videos of people playing the Xbox version which is identical. 100% runs weigh in from a bit over 3 hours to a bit over 5, from the ones I've looked at. There are plenty of collectibles and some puzzles to deal with so definitely expect your time to be greater from checking videos and solutions, but if you pause while looking where the next collectible is and such then your time should be around that.

I recall my own save being right about at 5 hours. 

Thanks for the info.