Thoughts on the trophy list?

Munde_Mohawk

5 minutes ago, GrumpyMcGrump said:

there was a patch already on other platforms? ive checked several times over the week but there isnt one on ps4 yet

I'm on 1.01 on both versions of the game. Patch changed those cheat item costs and added in compatibility for the launch DLC. 

On 9/16/2021 at 9:24 AM, Gage said:

The launch dlc has trophies (dating the 3 extra girls). 

Game has save transfer PS4 > PS5 (option on the main menu, pulls directly from hard drive like Ghost). It doesn't retroactively autopop story stuff, so you have to do a Borderlands/ACV and make saves and set it up or play through the story twice at the very least. Stuff like completion and skills does pop when you look at the menus. 

100% will be longer than the first game due to the extra school stuff. Shop and City missions are about the same, though slightly less mahjong required and no Puyo. School stuff is quite lengthy. 

No missable trophies at all this time. 

Is drone racing still a pain like it is in the original?

50 minutes ago, Yuna4353 said:

Is drone racing still a pain like it is in the original?

I only did one race so far, but I assume it's going to be generally the same. You do it in Ijincho this time though which is a larger area, so maybe no super tight races and stuff like flying through the Millennium Tower lobby. 

5 minutes ago, Gage said:

I only did one race so far, but I assume it's going to be generally the same. You do it in Ijincho this time though which is a larger area, so maybe no super tight races and stuff like flying through the Millennium Tower lobby. 

We still need 2 playthroughs or can we just start on legend ?

Longer than the first judgment? Damn… going to wait a bit. Took me almost 80 hours to get 100%, just need to do legend. These games are fun and all but its hard to stomach two games in a row.

Oh yeah quick question. Do you earn yen again the same way through VR paradise? I found that incredibly boring. Hopefully there is another way in the sequel.

You get like 7+ million yen in an hour and 30 mins or more depending on how fast you are and you need ALOT of yen. Not looking forward to doing that again if thats the case.

Edited by UlvenFenrir

1 hour ago, UlvenFenrir said:

Oh yeah quick question. Do you earn yen again the same way through VR paradise? I found that incredibly boring. Hopefully there is another way in the sequel.

You get like 7+ million yen in an hour and 30 mins or more depending on how fast you are and you need ALOT of yen. Not looking forward to doing that again if thats the case.

its still the fastest method but you dont really need a lot of money

• Like 1

There isn't the crowdfunding thing to sink money into and you get way more SP just fighting dudes, so there's not the same need to grind Dice & Cube like the first game. The school stories and side stuff start giving quite a bit of money once you get into them, so like there's more stuff overall you need to do but it should be less tedious than the first game. 

On 01/09/2021 at 3:28 PM, Artty44 said:

haha, it's posts like this that make me want to have a crack at it knowing full well that it will annoy me to a ludicrous degree and I'll strop and curse RGG...or I might be the fortunate person who gets it no problem 1f605.png

From what I understand luck plays a really big part in it, much like Mahjong albeit to a greater degree. I have a decent backlog of games so maybe I'll forget about it....maybe RGG will release something else that will distract me (Please Kiwami 3!) .....but I'll always know I didn't plat the proper Judgment until I beat puyo. If I hadn't got into Yakuza until this year, I'd have suffered it already so I do feel, as odd as it sounds, that I've missed out on the collective Puyo grief... 

I've made a mental note of this post and will revisit once I've endured the puyo suffering to reflect on the silly person I was back then for wanting to do this 1f605.png

Artty44.png

Update - Well that was anti-climactic!

I got bored of waiting for Lost Judgment so decided to plat the PS4 version of Judgment to then play the new one when I was done. Firstly, I did a little practice on Puyo by loading my premium adventure save from Yakuza 6: Song Of Life as it's included in that game. (I'd recommend doing this with your Yakuza 6 save if you are in any way concerned that Puyo may prevent you from getting the Judgment plat...there's no requirement to complete it in Yak 6 for the plat.....If you don't have Yak 6, go buy it now!).

After registering scores of 26 and 35 in my first 5 attempts, I thought I'd have a crack at the big one, I played through the first part of Chapter 1 (got the 50k bonus for a previous Yakuza save) and straight to Club Sega Nakamichi St....

First attempt 24 wins using tower method and Suketoudara (fish guy), few failed attempts after that, then wanted to unlock Suketoudara so for some reason I chose Rulue and got to 35 wins...all good practice...

3rd attempt today and got 36 wins including Rulue 3 times. I really was expecting an issue with this, maybe I got lucky but this took a maximum of 2-3 hours all told to complete with a few close calls in there and I'd only ever played this as part of the Sega Mega Drive Collection 3 years ago.

Artty44.png

25 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

@PooPooBlast it's getting closer! Even I'm getting second thoughts about this game as I've seen some videos and gameplay and it really is peaking my interest

Haha nice! I do recommend trying the first one out though. It's on the ps5, boasts an English dub if you're into that, and it removed puyo Tetris which was the roadblock for so many. 

However, I doubt that it'll be a story continuation of the first one as RGG games never end stories on a cliffhanger and they always have a self contained story. You may miss a couple of references here and there and perhaps how did the current party form that consists of the characters you see on screen. 

Other than that, I think you'll be fine to start from Lost judgment. Hope you like it should you decide to purchase the game. 

• Like 1

Was wanting to finish Judgment on ps5 before I started this... i still might as im busy with Tales and lack of game time.

If anything ill prob beat main story and just screw around. Maybe 35% trophies lol.

Still excited 

Just now, Mo-Fresh18 said:

I was wondering did they mentioned about PS4 to PS5 upgrade? As the first game didn't had it before?

it has it

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

Was wanting to finish Judgment on ps5 before I started this... i still might as im busy with Tales and lack of game time.

If anything ill prob beat main story and just screw around. Maybe 35% trophies lol.

Still excited 

it has it

Alright awesome thanks ? bought PS4 version physical so I will play later again PS5 I'm excited?

I'm currently working through Judgment at the moment and I adore it. I will definitely be picking this up. Even moreso considering that Puyo Puyo pain in the ass requirement has been removed this time around. I'm waiting for the surprise though because RGG have to have at least one progression related kick in the nuts in their games to maintain balance in the universe ?.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PooPooBlast said:

Haha nice! I do recommend trying the first one out though. It's on the ps5, boasts an English dub if you're into that, and it removed puyo Tetris which was the roadblock for so many. 

However, I doubt that it'll be a story continuation of the first one as RGG games never end stories on a cliffhanger and they always have a self contained story. You may miss a couple of references here and there and perhaps how did the current party form that consists of the characters you see on screen. 

Other than that, I think you'll be fine to start from Lost judgment. Hope you like it should you decide to purchase the game. 

Can confirm, pretty standalone. Has some callbacks, but nothing too important.

• Like 1