Thoughts on the trophy list?

Munde_Mohawk

On 9/20/2021 at 10:50 AM, DEI2EK said:

Is there no season pass sold separately right now?

I didn't ever see an answer to this. By now, you probably have your answer. But I saw a season pass in the store. $35USD for the pass ,or $10 for the Detective Essentials pack. The contents of the season pass are as listed :

- Detective Essentials Pack
A DLC pack containing items to enhance the story and side content in the game.

- School Stories Expansion Pack
A DLC pack containing a variety of different items to expand school activities.

- The Kaito Files Story Expansion
A brand new story starring Masaharu Kaito and set in Kamurocho and Isezaki Ijincho. Check the official website for details.

23 hours ago, PETMAN3000 said:

no... i remember the kingdom hearts 3 re:mind DLC was the same thing. when i bought it i also couldnt download it (~it was activated in my psn account~) but the DLC was playable in the game.

what i'm trying to say is that some DLCs are like this.. and i wondered if anyone on my console is able to access the content. guess i'll have to find it out myself.

at what point in the game can you access the DLC stuff?

DLC is usable by everyone on the system the account is activated on, it's not account bound. 

The game prompts you about the girlfriends when you are first able to run into two of them, everything else is picked up from the mailbox outside either of the detective offices. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Badkat18 said:

I didn't ever see an answer to this. By now, you probably have your answer. But I saw a season pass in the store. $35USD for the pass ,or $10 for the Detective Essentials pack. The contents of the season pass are as listed :

- Detective Essentials Pack
A DLC pack containing items to enhance the story and side content in the game.

- School Stories Expansion Pack
A DLC pack containing a variety of different items to expand school activities.

- The Kaito Files Story Expansion
A brand new story starring Masaharu Kaito and set in Kamurocho and Isezaki Ijincho. Check the official website for details.

Didn't realize it was up until I saw this notification, $35 for what seems like quite a bit of content stripped out of the game is a hard pill to swallow, especially when similar season passes get you a ton more content. My love for RGG might make me buy it anyway.

1 hour ago, DEI2EK said:

Didn't realize it was up until I saw this notification, $35 for what seems like quite a bit of content stripped out of the game is a hard pill to swallow, especially when similar season passes get you a ton more content. My love for RGG might make me buy it anyway.

tbf the game still has TONS of content. It's meatier than the original game, especially thanks to the school stories.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DEI2EK said:

Seems like my prediction was incorrect when I speculated that RGG won't do a season pass. There's a first for everything I guess. 

It's $47 CAD here. I think I may very well just wait for a sale in the future and buy it then. Although, I'll probably be waiting for a while as I doubt they'll do a sale before the Kaito DLC comes next year. We'll see

• Like 1

Should have waited I suppose as the season pass has burned me as I bought the DLC individually before the season pass was listed. Oh well, nothing that can be done now. If the other DLCs don't have trophies (unlikely) then I'd save money I guess.

I'm enjoying what I've played of the game thus far though progress is slow as I've been doing some minigame stuff. Finding the game currently very easy even on Hard (as usual) which annoys me as it shows how pointless it is to lock Legend behind game competition. Understandable in games where the hardest mode is basically impossible on a fresh file, but in a game like this it really should just be playable from the start. 

8 hours ago, Siriodorione said:

Anyone having problems with the dog trophy "Who’s a Good Boy?"

I found 10 flashing objects with him but the trophy doesn't come out.

I think you need specific searches with the dog, rather then finding random items on the street.

I got the trophy while searching for squirrels.

On 9/25/2021 at 1:39 AM, DEI2EK said:

I bought it purely for the love of the series. Otherwise it wasn't really worth it.

Detective Essentials Pack:

The 3 "Additional Girlfriends" felt like they are stripped out of the main game considering the previous games all had multiple girlfriends. The side cases were enjoyable though.

"Extract Recipe and Sample Set", I had more than enough money to make my own extracts easily.

"Additional titles for Sega Master System". If I want to play retro games there are better and easier ways than playing it inside of another game.

"Sky Spider" drone and the "Hover Drive" skateboard were actually useful for their respective minigames though. Essentially the best equipment you can start using immediately.

"'School Stories Expansion Pack". By the time I 100%ed the game I had no desire to play more of the school minigames. Giving me more content for those same minigames does not sound like something I want to do.

"Boxing fighting style". Cool, but I've completed the game already. Good for those starting later.

"The Kaito Files Story Expansion". This one I am excited for. Give me a good solid 5-10 hour mini-adventure with Kaito and I'm happy. Hopefully it turns out well.

If RGG keeps doing season passes I hope they step it up.