Just a heads up

Floorkiller74

1 hour ago, Dreamcast12 said:

Same issue in shift 2

Not correct. The game presents a message that the servers have been shut down as soon as it loads up the main menu after you press start, but nothing will prevent anyone from completing the game. XP is still able to be earned, you just won't get the autolog bonus.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 8/31/2021 at 10:11 PM, Floorkiller74 said:

So, now that the servers are down, the entire game seems to be inaccessible if you are connected to PSN. On the login screen, the game will attempt to connect to autolog, but it will just try and try and try...not letting you into the game (I left it on this screen for @5 min). I saw a post on TA that the 360 version is doing the same thing (Tested that earlier and got the same result)

However, i unplugged the ethernet cable, and the game immediately recognized that the cable was missing. It gave me a warning about the online features not being available unless I plugged it back in, but I was able to access the SP mode, challenge mode, my cars etc. 

So if you are having trouble legging in, disconnect from the internet to bypass the autolog check, and reconnect when you are in the main menu. 

If you just play while not connected to the internet, do you still gain XP? 

1 minute ago, Slipknot_Fan007 said:

If you just play while not connected to the internet, do you still gain XP? 

I don't see why you wouldn't. You can still play this while connected to the internet, you just can't get into the game while connected. Disconnect to get in, once you are in the main menu, reconnect. 

1 minute ago, Floorkiller74 said:

I don't see why you wouldn't. You can still play this while connected to the internet, you just can't get into the game while connected. Disconnect to get in, once you are in the main menu, reconnect. 

Well I play via wifi, and when I disconnect before loading up the game, I can't turn it back on in settings without having to quit out of the game. lol