Session-Hopping OK?

HamiTosh

Is Session-Hopping OK?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Is Session-Hopping OK?

• No,A Deal is a deal
    • ActuallIy, I Dont Care

Is it ok if people join a session, you plan out when to play together and before the session even starts people tell me "Hey I already got the trophy "but I am ready to help" "?

And then you have to keep running after them, if you want the trophy.

Also when I state specific times or time frames people still try to haggle,I am sorry I dont got 24/7 to religously hunt trophy LOL.

Would you decline such people from your future sessions?

I will definitely do, especially those guys who never join the sessions here, to circumvent bad rep if there is a system in place here.

I just cant come behind that logic, can anyone explain me the psychology behind that. Thanks.

23 minutes ago, HamiTosh said:

Is it ok if people join a session, you plan out when to play together and before the session even starts people tell me "Hey I already got the trophy "but I am ready to help" "?

And then you have to keep running after them, if you want the trophy.

Are you asking if it is okay for people to keep trying to get a trophy themselves, even if they have joined a boosting session?

Yes, that's okay - and it's weird that you would think it might not be.

If someone has got the trophy outside of your session but is still willing to help, that means they are doing you a favour. 

Since you don't have anything reciprocal to offer, then you need to accept that you will be working to their schedule, and if you can't do that, then find other people - don't rely on the kindness of strangers.

A boosting session is not about you getting something, it's about mutual benefit.

If you need someone's help, but they don't need yours, but they are willing to help you out anyway, that is nice of them... but they don't owe you anything and are not bound to your wishes.

Also when I state specific times or time frames people still try to haggle,I am sorry I dont got 24/7 to religously hunt trophy LOL.

Other people don't have 24/7 to "religously hunt trophy" either.

If your's is one of the only sessions for a game, (or is for a more obscure or older game,) don't be surprised if people make contact, even if they can't make the specified time, to try and work out if there is a feasible one.

That's not an "insult" to you - it's people trying to work out if there is common ground. You know, like adults do.

If you are not willing to negotiate or budge on schedules, that's fine, but make that crystal clear in capital letters in the session description.

Don't be surprised if fewer people join though - as it will make you seem like a control freak.

Would you decline such people from your future sessions?

No. 

I keep a paper list of notes on everyone I've boosted with, going back 11 years now.

It says every piece of bad behaviour I saw.

Someone asking if time is flexible is not one of those behaviours though, in my book. That's just being personable and trying to work out a mutually agreeable schedule.

I will definitely do, especially those guys who never join the sessions here, to circumvent bad rep if there is a system in place here.

There isn't a rep system here, but people have long memories - and a lot of people keep their own notes, like I do.

The sessions system may look like it has all the tools to make your session run like a Swiss watch, but it is only the first step. You need to a lot of back and forth as well, in my experience, a lot of messaging, and a lot of organisation - and you shouldn't expect the first session with new people to achieve anything much. Its really just an introduction, and to figure out who each other are.

On the rare occasion I boost these days, I always go into it expecting to get nothing much done in the first session, aside from planning future ones that will be more productive.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 3