Difficulty too high?

hizi90

So am I the only one who thinks this game is a bit TOO tough? I mean I‘m neither a pro nor a noob but as I played 3-3 yesterday the waves of enemies wouldn‘t stop and DESTROYED us. So I don‘t know is it just me? I know you habe to level up and have to replay levels to level up but I‘m over the recommented level and we still got our a$$es handed to us :D

2-3 and 3-3 are probably the hardest levels in the game, especially with bots. They just can't seem to handle the amount of enemies thrown at you at the end of them and the last patch made their AI dumber. 2-3 also requires some luck because you need the right synths to spawn close to you. What difficulty are you on?

I had problems with 1-3 on Standard with bots, specifically at the end when you have to hit different switches. The bots couldn't handle the swarms when I went to hit the switches. I did get it the 2nd time, but I made sure I killed the Warrior before I went for the switches. I'm really not looking forwards to later levels or higher difficulties.

2 hours ago, XTC-Krieger said:

What is the strategy?

knowing where and when certain waves and enemys will spawn.  Knowing best place to camp/funnel enemys down etc

Having a consistent team that anit gonna bail on you when they've completed a certain mission that you havent.

Edited by jason_trixta
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, XTC-Krieger said:

What is the strategy?

Make sure of one or two Techs and optimise your incendiary turrets at doorways when you spawn into new areas. Know where enemies spawn from (and more importantly, where they WON'T spawn from) and get one teammate to aggro the enemies in each room. Bring them to the turret(s), use charged coils and get a Gunner to use Overclock when overwhelmed or fighting elites.

A Doc with maximised Combat Stims speed is great for 4-1.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I'm gonna dig up this topic. 

How is Insane difficulty right now? I want to do it with my group of friends, so no randoms involved. We are decent shooter players and we did a lot of other hard games. So it would be nice to know if it's a little bit easier with new dlc and weapons or is it still the same? 

7 hours ago, Patrickosan said:

How is Insane difficulty right now? I want to do it with my group of friends, so no randoms involved. We are decent shooter players and we did a lot of other hard games. So it would be nice to know if it's a little bit easier with new dlc and weapons or is it still the same? 

It's a 4/10 now

2 hours ago, jason_trixta said:

It's a 4/10 now

Disagree. It’s more of a 7/10 or 8/10 even with fully upgraded weapons and load outs kits. You’ll need to save up your human tank cards and abuse the cloud save system so you don’t lose the card in case you fail. Going to need lots of patience but the game is worth it. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Patrickosan said:

If you have a team of dedicated players and you're all decent at these sort of games, you will be able to do it on insane with the right strategies. I'd probably give it an 8/10. I'd also recommend that you have at least 2 players on a ps5 since it can get quite laggy on ps4 and it'd be a lot tougher with 3 ps4 users.

11 hours ago, Helyx said:

New perks, classes and weapons has slightly lowered the difficulty. I'd give it a 6 or 7/10.

Which new stuff are you referring to ooc?? Nothing in the pathogen update is better than the previous meta for insane (at least that I'm aware of, and I thought I had tried all the new stuff).

Edited by BeautifulTorment
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

Which new stuff are you referring to

Nothing specific, but having more options makes co-op synergy more probable. Some weapons/perks that don't work for me will work well for others (like sniper rifles, or the Lancer class).

36 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

Nothing in the pathogen update is better than the previous meta for insane

What meta are you referring to? Are there classes/weapons/perks you recommend?

On 10/15/2022 at 11:13 PM, Helyx said:

New perks, classes and weapons has slightly lowered the difficulty. I'd give it a 6 or 7/10.

I agree with the assessment, 6-7/10. I've only played insane a bit in the past months, I haven't tried out the 'maybe we got them demoralized' (elites have less health) card on insane, but I think the newer 'Overstimulated' card makes insane easier than any of the original cards i.e. Human Tanks, Superior Fire Power, Extraordinary Weaponry, Ammo Hoarder. Insane was originally 9-10/10 and I think sits at 6/10 currently.

On 16/10/2022 at 3:59 AM, trojbrown40 said:

Disagree. It’s more of a 7/10 or 8/10 even with fully upgraded weapons and load outs kits. You’ll need to save up your human tank cards and abuse the cloud save system so you don’t lose the card in case you fail. Going to need lots of patience but the game is worth it. 

I'm not sure what game you're playing, but human tank's card rarely get played any more.  There's so many better cards to play, overstimulated, maybe we got them demoralized, 20% damage for weapons and perks.

You can solo insane missions with demo + new perk + Overstimulated.  You can rocket spam your way through any mission.  Add in a gunner, and you have overclock and his grenades on top of that.  Then bring what ever 3rd you want, recon/tech for ammo/coils/turret/bloodhound.  Hell just bring 3 demos, use rockets and never have to fire a shot.

• Like 1

On 18/10/2022 at 1:50 PM, jason_trixta said:

I'm not sure what game you're playing, but human tank's card rarely get played any more.  There's so many better cards to play, overstimulated, maybe we got them demoralized, 20% damage for weapons and perks.

You can solo insane missions with demo + new perk + Overstimulated.  You can rocket spam your way through any mission.  Add in a gunner, and you have overclock and his grenades on top of that.  Then bring what ever 3rd you want, recon/tech for ammo/coils/turret/bloodhound.  Hell just bring 3 demos, use rockets and never have to fire a shot.

You're absolutely right. I did an extreme and insane run recently with 2 others and 2 of us were using a precision rocket build with perks set up to speed up the cooldown rate. With the overstiumulated card we were constantly firing rockets. The third in our team played as Tech and deployed a fire turret alongside coils to help slow xenos down in chokepoints. The rockets destroy all the basic enemies without issue and the bigger xenos can constantly be stumbled and if they do happen to get too close you can use blastwave to push them back, by the time they get up close again, blastwave has refreshed. The only challenge we faced was spitters who could quickly kill us if given the chance and the levels with synths especially the large room in 4-1. The wonderful thing about the abilities is they do not do friendly fire damage!

I'd like to add that in some sections where you enter through a door to trigger the next encounter/objective you can actually hold the door instead of letting it close. If one person stands in the doorway and the others go forward to trigger you can then fallback in that doorway to funnel the enemies towards you. You may have to move slightly forward inch by inch so all three are in the room but it works and it makes some sections considerably easier.

Agree that the game no longer feels like a 9/10 as a result. Its more a 6 or 7/10.

• 8 months later...
On 20.10.2022 at 11:24 AM, AxillarySloth53 said:

You're absolutely right. I did an extreme and insane run recently with 2 others and 2 of us were using a precision rocket build with perks set up to speed up the cooldown rate. With the overstiumulated card we were constantly firing rockets. The third in our team played as Tech and deployed a fire turret alongside coils to help slow xenos down in chokepoints. The rockets destroy all the basic enemies without issue and the bigger xenos can constantly be stumbled and if they do happen to get too close you can use blastwave to push them back, by the time they get up close again, blastwave has refreshed. The only challenge we faced was spitters who could quickly kill us if given the chance and the levels with synths especially the large room in 4-1. The wonderful thing about the abilities is they do not do friendly fire damage!

I'd like to add that in some sections where you enter through a door to trigger the next encounter/objective you can actually hold the door instead of letting it close. If one person stands in the doorway and the others go forward to trigger you can then fallback in that doorway to funnel the enemies towards you. You may have to move slightly forward inch by inch so all three are in the room but it works and it makes some sections considerably easier.

Agree that the game no longer feels like a 9/10 as a result. Its more a 6 or 7/10.

Which pack contains that card? I bought like 10 packs of each and none had this card? Which one should I buy? Standard or the New Releases? 

On 16/07/2023 at 3:29 PM, Patrickosan said:

Which pack contains that card? I bought like 10 packs of each and none had this card? Which one should I buy? Standard or the New Releases? 

Standard has the Overstimulated card, they have a low drop rate though unfortunately.

• 1 month later...

Finally got the platinum with 2 friends. One of them is really an expert. We played with Scout, Tech and Gunner + Human tanks cards. The strategy for the whole missions is to know where are the "safe" place where you can kill them in some bottlenecks of the maps. In the end we succeded in the 4-1 with our second attempt. The most painful was the 1-2 (argggg, Monicaaa....) and the 2-3 with the last large room with the synths.