"Friend to All Raiders" unlocks without Mythic Tales?

Dark-Doomblade

Hello,

So just a few minutes ago I unlocked the Trophy "Friend to All Raider" without doing the Mythic Tales of Iki Island, yet the Trophy Guides on this page and Powerpyx mention that the Mythic Tales are necessary for this trophy.

The trophy unlocked for me at the end of my last missing Side Tale "A Mother's Law"

I did all Main Story Tales + All Side Tales + A few Unwritten Tales

Game Version 2.07

Did anyone else unlock this Trophy before doing the Mythic Tales, or can anyone try to do it in this order to confirm?

Edited by Dark-Doomblade
Additional Information

Thanks for calling this out, it popped out for me and I had the Mythic Tales completed. I am going to investigate further and get back to you.

EDIT: I just reviewed the Journal tab in-game and this seems to be what caused this issue:

1) In the base game, Mythic Tales were required for the trophy regarding completing all Tales (Helping Sword Hand)

2) When I unlocked the Friends to all Raiders trophy, I already had completed the Mythi Tales, so I assumed it was similar.

3) Checking on what you mentioned, the new category "Tales of Iki" within the journal tab does not include the Mythic Tales, so that may be the key for this. Apparently now is referring only to the tales under that category, rather than all the tales you can complete in Iki island.

Thanks again for this, I will update the guide right away

Edited by Argandalf

13 hours ago, Argandalf said:

3) Checking on what you mentioned, the new category "Tales of Iki" within the journal tab does not include the Mythic Tales, so that may be the key for this. Apparently now is referring only to the tales under that category, rather than all the tales you can complete in Iki island.

Thanks for the reply

That would explain it and makes the most sense, but I do think that unlocking the trophy without the mythic tales is not intended to behave like this.

Since the Basegame also features a seperate trophy for the mythic tales and then these are still needed to get the Gold Trophy Helping Sword Hand.

I still would like to see someone else test out if they can unlock it without doing the mythic tales or if I just ran into a glitch.

I checked a few profiles but haven't found anyone yet that did the trophies in this order, whereas there also are no profiles that unlocked the Mythic Tales and the All Tales Trophy at the same time.

Edited by Dark-Doomblade

Honestly I do not think this is a glitch. Usually players go for Mythic tales quickly due to rewards, and leave the secondary tales for later (specially the Helping Hand one) so 99% of the times we would assume they are needed. I think I misinterpreted it.

Let's see if anyone else shares a similar case to yours.

Edited by Argandalf

13 hours ago, Argandalf said:

In the base game, Mythic Tales were required for the trophy regarding completing all Tales (Helping Sword Hand

Ahh but are they, perhaps a similar assumption was made..... xD

I'll be honest, this actually has me curious now. I'm actually endgame on my main save and still to 100%, I may do the Tales and leave a single Mythic Tale till last 

Early trophy guides often contain information partially derived from logical assumptions. Information gets more accurate over time as more empirical evidence is collected. 

Seems to me like what you are experiencing is how the trophy works. It's just that most people did the mythic tales before the other side missions, so it just took a bit longer for anyone to point this out. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/09/2021 at 10:04 AM, Argandalf said:

That would help confirming this xD let us know what happens if you end up doing it :)

Yea, same for Platinum, Mythic Tales are NOT needed for the the Helping Sword Hand trophy (do all tales)

I've platinumed the game few times before (so luckily knew about those hidden tales that usually end up last), but I've just got platinum on my main (this acct) and so if you check, you can clearly see that I got Helping Sword Hand like over an hour BEFORE Teller if Tales (do Mythic Tales), so guess confirmation if ya need it 

I guess doesn't matter too much as you need to do them all anyway, but always nice to know exact requirements for each ;).

Well is it because players are worried of it looking non-legit, I've got the screenshots and trophy capture. My Helping Sword Hand popped on Ishi's last quest as I left him till last (wanted to see if ally tales count to), and then I did the fire Mythic Tale afterwards, it was also my last duel, all adds up

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1