How deposits works?

XpanderFX

Hi, i tought at first that places where u deposit junk (materials) are in common with other settlements, similar to the resident evil chests, but now i noticed that they arent. so if ill try to build something in a settlement ill need to have that materials placed in that settlement or it will automatically use those deposited elsewhere? 

22 minutes ago, XpanderFX said:

Hi, i tought at first that places where u deposit junk (materials) are in common with other settlements, similar to the resident evil chests, but now i noticed that they arent. so if ill try to build something in a settlement ill need to have that materials placed in that settlement or it will automatically use those deposited elsewhere? 

You need Local Leader rank 1 perk(requires 6 charisma) to be able to access your junk from any settlement. Without that perk, your junk will only be in the workbench that you stored it at

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

You need Local Leader rank 1 perk(requires 6 charisma) to be able to access your junk from any settlement. Without that perk, your junk will only be in the workbench that you stored it at

i already have this perk. anyway i noticed that items are shared between commonwealth settlements. the one wasnt shared (and i started this thread) is a settlment in far harbor. is it normal that those settlments arent shared with commonwealth?

2 minutes ago, XpanderFX said:

i already have this perk. anyway i noticed that items are shared between commonwealth settlements. the one wasnt shared (and i started this thread) is a settlment in far harbor. is it normal that those settlments arent shared with commonwealth?

I have no clue, I never messed with settlements in the dlc

1 hour ago, XpanderFX said:

You can link supply line from Commonwealth to Far Harbor. I linked the NE top right most Commonwealth settlement (Can't remember the name now, the one with a broken house with lots of Mirelurk) to Longfellow's Cabin first. Then after you get other FH settlements, link them to the cabin.

8 hours ago, MisterGibraltar said:

You can link supply line from Commonwealth to Far Harbor. I linked the NE top right most Commonwealth settlement (Can't remember the name now, the one with a broken house with lots of Mirelurk) to Longfellow's Cabin first. Then after you get other FH settlements, link them to the cabin.

ehm, how to “link”? I did nothing, other than unlocking the perk, to have commonwealth settlements linked

21 minutes ago, XpanderFX said:

ehm, how to “link”? I did nothing, other than unlocking the perk, to have commonwealth settlements linked

The Local Leader 1 perk still needs you to manually assign a settler as above poster mentioned to become a supply runner via workshop menu first. You could check if any settlement linked or not from Pipboy/settlement map.

My guess is you didn't set up any supply line but Commonwealth settlements mostly have enough basic stuff to scrap and build on its own land so you don't see the problem much. FH settlements I remember steels and concrete are quite hard to come by.

2 hours ago, MisterGibraltar said:

The Local Leader 1 perk still needs you to manually assign a settler as above poster mentioned to become a supply runner via workshop menu first. You could check if any settlement linked or not from Pipboy/settlement map.

My guess is you didn't set up any supply line but Commonwealth settlements mostly have enough basic stuff to scrap and build on its own land so you don't see the problem much. FH settlements I remember steels and concrete are quite hard to come by.

so i have to assign a settler to every link or is enough one to all? anyway how to get more settlers? the only one i found was a bum in diamond city that offered to work after i gave him a nuka cola

Edited by XpanderFX

12 hours ago, XpanderFX said:

so i have to assign a settler to every link or is enough one to all?

One for each link is good, just connect them dots. No reason to left any junk out of your reach right?

You can get more settlers by making a radio tower as shown in Sanctuary quest. You can also send excess settlers from one place to another too if you don't want to make a radio tower at the new place.