Question about Save Data Transfer and my PS4 Trophy Progress afterwards

Umdytr

I played the game last year on PS4, my completion percentage after the latest update is 65% (the base game platinum + one miscellaneous NG+ trophy).

I know I can transfer my save data to PS5, and then the trophies I already unlocked should also unlock for the PS5 version - after which I can just keep playing it to completion, with the new Iki content and the Legends stuff I didn't do yet.

Here's my problem, though: that would then leave my PS4 trophy list incomplete, stuck at 65%. So after I get 100% on the PS5 version, is there a way to sync those trophies back to the PS4 version so that both trophy lists can be complete? Or would I need to just... replay all of that content?

Hope what I'm asking makes sense, it's kind of a convoluted question to formulate. Thanks.

Edited by Umdytr

7 minutes ago, KAdamsy1 said:

You can only transfer your data one way from ps4 to ps5, can't do it the other way round.

I read on here somewhere a few weeks back that the ability to transfer online progress (not story) from PS5 to PS4 would be available early September. Or by having progress saved on a server. That’s not a thing? :( I don’t mind doing story twice but it would be nice to do online on PS5 then have the same progress on PS4.

8 minutes ago, NMErickson said:

I read on here somewhere a few weeks back that the ability to transfer online progress (not story) from PS5 to PS4 would be available early September. Or by having progress saved on a server. That’s not a thing? :( I don’t mind doing story twice but it would be nice to do online on PS5 then have the same progress on PS4.

If it’s server based then you should be fine but I’m unsure whether legends is. I can only assume so 

Some games do allow PS5 backwards save to PS4 but again I’m unsure on this game. I’ve done all the offline DLC on my PS4 version first and will jump to the PS5 version to finish off legends hopefully (if there is a cross server save) if not I’ll do PS4 100% first and then load up my PS5 version. The PS4 version of the game runs great on PS5 as it is 

13 hours ago, NMErickson said:

You mean the legends mode, yes your supposed to be able transfer from ps5 to ps4 but tried last night and my characters didn't update on the ps4 as i gained another level on one to check. Maybe i did something wrong, so hopefully some can correct if thats the case.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KAdamsy1 said:

You mean the legends mode, yes your supposed to be able transfer from ps5 to ps4 but tried last night and my characters didn't update on the ps4 as i gained another level on one to check. Maybe i did something wrong, so hopefully some can correct if thats the case.

They made it sound like it would work this way according to the rivals blog post a few weeks back, but it doesn't as of yet.  Whether they will still be or not is the big question. 

As it stands, two of the rivals trophies have a tendency to not even pop on the PS5 version when you transfer anyways. I did them with a group of 4 last night and 3 of us decided to do our PS4 to PS5 transfer.  The Champion of the kami and Painful Blockage trophies didn't pop for any of us, we had to redo them.

In the end I decided to do everything on PS4 (Iki, Legends, even re-completing the base game for no particular reason) and then transfer the progress to PS5. Just got 100% on PS4 so I'm about to auto-pop the PS5 list.

If they ever add more trophies I guess I'll have to earn those twice (or get them on PS4 and do a second save transfer, if that's feasible), but for now this will do. Thanks for the replies.

Edited by Umdytr

On 9/9/2021 at 5:00 PM, Umdytr said:

In the end I decided to do everything on PS4 (Iki, Legends, even re-completing the base game for no particular reason) and then transfer the progress to PS5. Just got 100% on PS4 so I'm about to auto-pop the PS5 list.

If they ever add more trophies I guess I'll have to earn those twice (or get them on PS4 and do a second save transfer, if that's feasible), but for now this will do. Thanks for the replies.

Did everything autopop on ps5? Im in the same boat playing on ps4 and don't really want to play the game twice. 

On 11/9/2021 at 4:17 PM, JunkSkelington said:

Did everything autopop on ps5? Im in the same boat playing on ps4 and don't really want to play the game twice. 

In my experience, everything popped except for just one of the newest trophies, A Painful Blockade. It's the one where you need to summon five Shades during a single Rivals match, so it was easy to re-earn.

It does seem to be sort of random, though, considering how people's situations differ quite a bit. Others didn't get Transcendence to autopop for example, and that one's a pain. Best of luck if you go for it.