5 Player Co-Op Glitch (PATCHED - V1.10)

hazikq786

Please skip the long paragraph if all you want to know is how to do the 5 player co-op glitch.

How we came across the glitch:

I will be going through everything that I have found and learnt in the 10 hours of gaming over the night and the daunting task that was getting 4 player Co-Op exploit to work, while playing with my squad we wasted possibly 2-3 hours just trying to team up, Our lobby would glitch out, some would get disconnected, others would be stuck in infinite loading screen, by this time we had 5 player co-op glitch figured out (same method as 4 players glitch except this time have 3 players search for the same mission, once in queue have 2 players join via the invite sent prior to queueing up.) and during the invite stage a player lost connection so we decided to wipe team with the grenade launcher, we went back to base to see if there was any other way to invite the player who had lost connect and by pure luck since I had been inviting players using the PS5 Card system and not via the in-game invite system I stumbled across something, the card read "2/3 players joined" meaning I could send an invite to 1 other player and have him join just like that he was in the team even though we already had 4 players in the team surpassing the 3/3 player limit, we had just figured out a simpler way to match 5 players. We had everyone take a look at their PS5 card invite system and 2 of the non-invited players saw what read "1/3 players joined", we started theory crafting if we could fill those remaining 4 slots making it 9 player co-op and we did our best with the limited time we had but to no avail but in doing so we found a simpler method/solution to the more complicated and tedious 4 player co-op method.

5 Player Co-Op Method: works with 4 players too.

Only possible on PS5 Console to my knowledge as it uses the PlayStations cards feature for this to work.

• Step 1: Get 3 players to matchmake at the same time with the same mission/difficulty settings. (Hard time matchmaking 3 players? get all 5 players to matchmake till 3 of you are queued up while the other 2 wait in base)

• Step 2: Once the 3 players ready up and are in the mission kill each other using Grenade launcher or get the aliens to wipe the team. (can only kill teammates if played on intense difficulty or above).

• Step 3: Once the team is back at Base using the in-game team menu find out who is the Host (host should have the option to kick 2/3 players) , get the host to do the following (host must be on ps5) -> Press the PS button you should see the card that reads "in progress" press x & go to-> Invite to Aliens: Fireteam now you may invite additional 2 players.

• Step 4: Wait till all 5 are in the team and you may now start any mission without worrying about most the issues that have been plaguing other players with the 4 player method I had posted earlier.

Below is an image link to give you a visual of what you're looking at for Step 3.

https://imgur.com/gallery/x4sIUTN

Possible solutions to avoid certain bugs.

• Doors not opening?  -  Try waiting for everyone to load into the game and do not move until everyones in the game, or just wipe team using grenade launcher and restart mission especially if you'r playing 4-5 player co-op better than having to go through the long process of getting everyone in again.

• Cant find each other during matchmaking?  -  simply restarting the game usually fixes that issue or maybe your not timing your search, just do a countdown and search at the same time, its best to get all 5 players to search at the same time and get the remaining 2 into the team after.

• 1 or 2 players crashes during game?  -  So long there's a team of 3 just wipe and go back to base and just send the players who disconnected / crashed another invite.

PS. To anyone who tries to attempt to get 6+ players in a team successfully please do share as we had very limited time to see if 9 players co-op was possible but initial testing it led us no where.

I hope this guide makes sense if it doesn't please do ask I will do my best to reply back.

Best of luck I hope this helps some of you guys going for the difficulty specific trophies :) 

Shoutout to my squad members: StealthID , Chaulisant_TV , TheCertifiedFool 

Edited by hazikq786
Patched.
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, eGEORGE__ said:

This happened to me but we couldn't advance past the first "regroup" checkpoint :(

I hope this improved method is of some help as its less tedious, as for the regroup the best solution is to wait for everyone to spawn do not move once everyone is in then pogress towards the door this is a common bug that needs to be patched or if you choose to do the tedious 4 player co-op method I would suggest someone taking a grenade launcher with them should the doors not open just wipe the team and it'll take you back to base and from there simply keep trying till it works. I really hope this helped. :) 

• Like 1

Up to the part that you should kill yourself in the first match, i understood it but when exactly should the invitation go out and be accepted. I tried it as a ps5 user with three ps4 users. Did not work in the base. Does the invitation in the mission screen with the 60sec countdown have to be accepted? Do i have to invite every mission?

20 minutes ago, XTC-Krieger said:

Up to the part that you should kill yourself in the first match, i understood it but when exactly should the invitation go out and be accepted. I tried it as a ps5 user with three ps4 users. Did not work in the base. Does the invitation in the mission screen with the 60sec countdown have to be accepted? Do i have to invite every mission?

Only the host can invite, after you kill your team, check the team tab back in base the person that can kick both players is the host. 

and the host must be on ps5

Edited by jason_trixta
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, HuntingFever said:

I am very, very close to dumping this game and moving on to something else, because the technical problems are royally pissing me off 1f621.png!

And to think, I opted to play this instead of Outriders.

To anyone who hasn't been suckered into buying this yet by their love of an iconic film franchise, wait until next year once all the content is released to see if Cold Iron can get their shit together.

• Like 1

Everyone is so negative on here, there are plenty of videos out there of ppl 3man insane runs. Every game has some type of skill cap, everyone can't just be handed out a plat just for playing.  We now have to optimize team/class synergy and come up with new tactics for beating stages.  4-1 is a good example of a mission everyone was struggling with, then people started to learn ways to deal with certain rooms more effectively. 

Broken trophies are not a dealbreaker, they will get patched at some point.

• Like 3