Divided By Death?????

Jables4889

I’m literally 12 encounters away from having every single trophy except Divided by Death (and Cthonic Colleagues by extension) what am I doing wrong. Achilles and Nyx have nothing to say to me. Do I seriously have to just keep running to Elysium to see Patrocles and keep my fingers crossed?

2 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

Yep, Achilles and Thanatos are absolutely killing me. I've done a dozen full runs since completing everything else, and I *still* haven't unlocked their bonus hearts. This trophy list is infuriating.

Took me 62 hours, but I know people who have done it in under 50, I hate these RNG trophies too.

• Like 1

One thing that seemed to help me with this during my Platinum journey: Full runs, not partial runs. Most people I'm seeing online seem to suggest dying purposefully in Tartarus to move the story along, but I suggest the opposite.

I platinumed it while doing full runs every time I could, except if I goofed and died. More visits to Elysium means more chances to see Patroclus and his Grey Exclamation Point. I didn't even start giving him Nectars until around escape attempt 20 out of 86.

Also: I don't know if it's necessary but right before Achilles gave me the prophecy quest he mentioned about me previously reuniting Orpheus and Eurydice. Could be a prerequisite, or just something he mentions?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tranquility101 said:

One thing that seemed to help me with this during my Platinum journey: Full runs, not partial runs. Most people I'm seeing online seem to suggest dying purposefully in Tartarus to move the story along, but I suggest the opposite.

I platinumed it while doing full runs every time I could, except if I goofed and died. More visits to Elysium means more chances to see Patroclus and his Grey Exclamation Point. I didn't even start giving him Nectars until around escape attempt 20 out of 86.

Also: I don't know if it's necessary but right before Achilles gave me the prophecy quest he mentioned about me previously reuniting Orpheus and Eurydice. Could be a prerequisite, or just something he mentions?

Well yes and no. It takes 30min approx to clear a run but the number of useless conversation in the lobby is so HUGE that if you're doing full run run instead of dying directly, sometimes at least, you'll feel like you don't make much progress in the prophecy and all. 

When people at home don't have much left to say, there you can do full run but sometimes you have those useless talking that "cost" you a run. I was at a point where I was telling me "Full run just for that ? C'mon ..." 

So yeah it really depends. I'm really dissapointed on how the game work and what we have to do to have the plat and see what the game have to offer, for a roguelike it's like wtf ? For exemple why there's not a teleporter that can teleport us at each stage ? This is so mandatory when you see the number of encounters we need to make with guys that are close to the end ! 

• Like 1

I've had 5-6 or more useless conversations before Achilles gave me the quest dialogue to progress the storyline so just keep talking to them until they give you the dialogue. Also it might be useful to lookup the storyline walkthrough on youtube to see which dialogue you are at so you know who you need to talk to to trigger your next dialogue. If it's Achilles just suicide and talk to him. Also it's better to not buy any furniture in the west hall as it might trigger new conversations with Achillies. 

12 hours ago, tranquility101 said:

The Steam guide states that you have to either: reunite Orpheus and Eurydice, or free Sisyphus from his fate.

It makes sense, because it shows Achilles you're able to change fates by using the contract and house contractor.

• Like 3

You have to do one to get the others, iirc. I do not remember having too many issues with any of the trophies, but I do remember getting Divided By Death and Tormented Soul after reuniting Orpheus and Eurydice. After that freeing Orpheus, I made sure Sisyphus, Achilles, and Patroclus were at the locked heart icon. You have to remember that the dialogue itself has to be mentioned by both parties and eventually you can speak with Nyx about their respective contracts. The runs were never an issue for me as I just saw it as a means to get better and to work on other things and before I knew it, I was able to work on their particular prophecies. 

For Sisyphus - be sure you max him out then make sure you talk to Meg quite a few times. It will not always be concrete that she will mention Sisyphus, but she will mention him. Just keep repeating runs to Sisyphus, talk to him and interact with Bouldey at least once, and it will happen. You can also just die afterwards, but I never did. 

For Achilles and Patroclus - same as Sisyphus, but to just interact with them constantly. While it sounds like a "well, duh" moment, it's only going to happen after you are able to gain access to the administrative room (you have to die btw to gain access through a dream) and talk to Nyx after talking to the couple while they are capped at the locked heart icon. 

Finally, Thanatos is just RNG so I cannot help you there. You will need to beat him more than the required amount as there will be times he will not show up at the house after getting to the locked heart icon, this is mainly due to the fact he will be talking to other residents of the house, which he becomes unable to interact with until you beat him again. 

Edited by x410xDragon
Added extra information.

On 10/9/2021 at 3:17 AM, whassupbun said:

Is there anything you can do to make sure Sisyphus and Patroclus spawn in your run? Sometimes they don't even show up and I can't make progress with their trophies.

I think I figured out how to use save scum to make Patroclus spawn in every run, what you need to do is backup your save in the intermission area before starting Elysium. I believe Patroclus is always in the area, you just roll the dice and hope you take the right path. I had six runs today with no luck, and it was beginning to annoy me. Then I decided to save before Elysium starts, if he didn't show up I reloaded my save and took another path and he would eventually show, it only took 2-3 tries. And it worked every time for me, when doing this trick I was able to find him every time. After I found this method it took me and hour to complete the quest. Hope this helps everyone who is struggling with this annoying trophy. I don't know if it was pure RNG luck, so it would be nice if anyone could confirm. I haven't seen anything about this in any guide.

Edited by CabDK
Wanted to add another quote, but I guess It's not possible.
  • Like 4

On 2/9/2021 at 0:04 AM, Jables4889 said:

I’m literally 12 encounters away from having every single trophy except Divided by Death (and Cthonic Colleagues by extension) what am I doing wrong. Achilles and Nyx have nothing to say to me. Do I seriously have to just keep running to Elysium to see Patrocles and keep my fingers crossed?

See my post above, I couldn't figure out how to add another quote, this worked for me and made is a lot faster.

• 3 months later...

I've talked to Patrolclus over 22 times now after having both him and Achilles at 6 hearts. Takes forever to get to him and there is no guarantee you'll get an encounter with him. Gone a total of 6 runs without Pat.

Achilles stopped speaking to me long ago, but Patroclus that asshole seems to have a never ending amount of dialogue. Really annoying, wish they just made it less random when it comes to these "profecies".

• Like 1

On 1/4/2022 at 4:20 PM, Quink666 said:

I've talked to Patrolclus over 22 times now after having both him and Achilles at 6 hearts. Takes forever to get to him and there is no guarantee you'll get an encounter with him. Gone a total of 6 runs without Pat.

Achilles stopped speaking to me long ago, but Patroclus that asshole seems to have a never ending amount of dialogue. Really annoying, wish they just made it less random when it comes to these "profecies".

I needed to fail a few runs to get Patroclus to continue down the story dialogue. I loved Hades, but man what a grind! Happy to have this one completed it was number 300 for me. 

• 1 month later...

I think the trophy guide should mention two things: 1. do this quest as early as possible.  2.  be prepared to sell a legendary boon. Fortunately I followed some advice from a friend. I started this quest as early as I could. Before I finished most of the other trophies (I only have 1 god at max bond) I was already at the last conversation of the quest. There were a few runs on my way to heat 16 when Patroclus did not say anything but I figured later it's because I did not finish either of the musician or bouldy quests. So I don't think this quest is that bad. I still have 4 keepstakes to max so that means this quest does not take that long if you visit the quest mark in Elysium with full attention. 

Edited by YokA_sun

13 minutes ago, YokA_sun said:

I think the trophy guide should mention two things: 1. do this quest as early as possible.  2.  be prepared to sell a legendary boon. Fortunately I followed some advice from a friend. I started this quest as early as I could. Before I finished most of the other trophies (I only have 1 god at max bond) I was already at the last conversation of the quest. There were a few runs on my way to heat 16 when Patroclus did not say anything but I figured later it's because I did not finish either of the musician or bouldy quests. So I don't think this quest is that bad. I still have 4 keepstakes to max so that means this quest does not take that long if you visit the quest mark in Elysium with full intention. 

why?

1 minute ago, Teh_Zombz said:

why?

Because I did not realize there was a trophy there so I had hard time finding a legendary boon later the game. I only had three in all my full runs. But you can say I did not grind enough and probably should invest some points on the mirror. In the middle of the game, player would always acquire a legendary fishing boon from Poseidon. Better just sell it then. 

1 hour ago, YokA_sun said:

Because I did not realize there was a trophy there so I had hard time finding a legendary boon later the game. I only had three in all my full runs. But you can say I did not grind enough and probably should invest some points on the mirror. In the middle of the game, player would always acquire a legendary fishing boon from Poseidon. Better just sell it then. 

ah i see, i was just a bit confused because i thought selling a legendary boon was related to the divided by death quest ?