The Revenge of 13 Plats of Halloween (Sign Ups Closed)

I still start off with my first 3:

1) The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct – An action game in a series where zombies, I mean walkers, are prevalent. I am sure there many instances of trying to stealthily make it past a horde or try to hold your ground against a walker invasion.

2) The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope – Spooky narrative adventure about witches and demons as best I can gather. Already cleared Man of Medan and looking forward to House of Ashes.

3) The Walking Dead: New Frontier – Another narrative adventure game, this time with walkers. Probably my most enjoyed season of the series. The rest are darker in tone. This one, due to not centering on Clem feels more like a more action centric offshoot.

Other games under consideration:

The Sinking City (PS4) – Due to Lovecraftian imagery and horror mystery theme.

Thumper – Played the demo. The haunting backgrounds to the rhythm violence seems like a perfect fit for Halloween.

Hades(PS4)  – Takes place in the underworld. I assume enemies are primary various demons.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood – Rail shooter with jump scares in VR.

Alien: Isolation (PS4) – Survival horror game based in one the quintessential horror film series. Yes, please.

Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS4) – Besides being set in an asylum, old school style. The game features some common characters that have become costumes.

Riddled Corpses EX (PS4) – Zombies, demons and various other creatures are the enemies in this straight-forward twin stick shooter.

Afterparty – Play a drinking game against the devil to win your way out of the underworld. More demons.

Tesla Force – Twin stick shooter meets Lovecraftian enemies and insane upgrades.

• Like 3

Ill throw my hat in on this one. Will edit this post with my proposed games.

Confirmed Games

Little Nightmares II - Game had a creepy vibe with escape from a Nightmare theme

Until Dawn - Interactive Horror game (Just noticed this one doesn't qualify as #50 is sitting at 5hr 51 mins) :facepalm:

Demon's Souls - Battling the undead and hordes of Monsters

Edited by gruffiiti

sign me up please, i'll post my games here in the next day or so.

1. The Evil Within, zombies 
  2. Friday the 13th Killer Puzzle, play as Jason in a puzzle game and go on a killing spree
  3. Ghostbusters, fight and capture ghosts

Edited by Leenewbe

You already know that I'm in! I'm locking these in:

• Afterparty: The game is about getting out of hell after dying by beating Satan at a drinking contest. I already started it, and the hellish environment works for this event.
  • The Walking Dead Collection: It's really the classic zombie/narrative game at this point, and it's been in my backlog for a while. Definitely a good fit for a spooky themed event.
  • Hades: What you said, kind of. Your enemies are shades, not exactly spooky stuff, but it's set in the underworld so I think it works!

Tentative list for everything else: (I'll come back and edit/finish my reasons, I'm doing multiple things at once lol)

• Resident Evil 2: One of the best horror games I've played in a long time, yet I never finished it. I don't know why, but maybe I'll do it for this event!
  • Berserk and the Band of the Hawk: This series is full of terrifying demons and the like. Getting the plat would be the perfect way to honor the creator, who passed away recently.
  • Layers of Fear: A horror game that's about a painter and his own personal hell. I stopped it and never finished it, and I'm really not sure why.
  • Danganronpa 1-2 Reload: A lot of those executions really are quite twisted! Seems like a perfect time of year to give these games a read.
  • Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice: A girl's trip to hell, and her struggle with psychosis. I haven't bought this yet, so I'm not sure about this one, but we'll see in time!
  • Graveyard Keeper: I mean, you play as a graveyard keeper. I think that fits for Halloween.
  • Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne: The world is ended, and pretty much every human has died. All that's left are demons, and the atmosphere of this game is pretty creepy.
  • Vampyr: Look at the title lol.
  • Yomawari Midnight Shadow: This is a Japanese horror game where you play as a little girl, if I remember right.
  • The Bunker: This is one of those FMV games but it apparently has some horror elements. I know I got a pack of a few of these games, maybe it's time to look into them more.
Edited by MissShake
  • Like 2

You know I can't turn this down. This was the event that started everything.

Let's kick it off with these spooky titles (that I've already started):

1. The Forest. Cannibals. They want me dead.
  2. The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep. Ghosts. They want me dead.
  3. Night in the Woods. Ghosts. They (probably) want me dead.
  • Like 1

This seems like a lot of fun so I will join :) 

The 3 games required that I'm going to choose are:

• Dead Space: You are alone in space and everythings dead.
  • Dead Island: You are not so alone in an island and, mostly, everythings dead.
  • The Evil Within: You are, I think, not so alone in an distorted world and everything wants you dead.

Update: My list would be complete now, 14 games chosen in the case the one I mentioned won't count.

For the other games, I have an idea of some of the games I'll play (might not be final list and gonna finish it later, if thats ok):

• Outlast.
  • Outlast 2.
  • Layers of Fear. 
  • Dying Light.
  • Amnesia.
  • Thumper.
  • Man of Medan.
  • Dead Island - Definitive Edition (I know this might no be able as I already choose the PS3 version but might give it a shot).
  • Dead Island: Riptide - Definitive Edition.
  • Vampyr.
  • Days Gone (This game is here just in case the Definitive Edition of Dead Island doesn't count as it can be considered a repeat game).
Edited by Caquis_1
  • Like 1

Hi! This event sounds really fun! I would love to participate!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My three games:

Poison Control || 3 of 35 Trophies: 4% || Escape hell by shooting demons and cleaning up blood

Mary Skelter: Nightmares || 0 of 34 Trophies: 0% || A horror-themed RPG with a lot of blood and I want to finish this before the third one comes out at the end of this month! I actually bought the collectors edition of this game in like 2017 and just never played it lol...

Demon's Souls (PS5) ||  34 of 37 Trophies: 82% || A game about killing demons and abominations. I might also do the PS3 one but for now I just want to clean up the PS5 remake.

Other games:

Notes:

Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition || 8 of 41 Trophies: 11% || Killing thousands of zombies over and over again (one trophy is for killing 500k) Turns out there is a bad glitch when you play on PS5 making this game pretty much unplayable. I don't want to bring out my PS4 for just this game so I'm picking a different one (https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/102276-ps5-bug/)

Edited by FrostyMcNugs

My three games.

Alien Isolation:  It's Alien.  Very atmospheric.  I first played this game for Halloween.  And I need to do the No Killing/No Death Run, which is another kind of spooky.

Ender Lillies:  It's a Metroidvania where you're the last priestess in a land where everyone else has been cursed and you purify souls.

Darksiders II:  You play as Death.

Think I'll give it a try why not, my 3 games are these :)

dead space-survival horror also jump scares maybe?

dead space 2-"                                                        "

dead space 3 - think its still a survival horror not sure exactly

I'll need to think of the others at some point 

• Like 2

Hi there. Would like to participate.

My 3 games

Vampyr - the titel says everything i would say

What Remains of Edith Finsh - family curse, fitting i think Realized that the game is to short. New game: Nexomon: Extinction - Monster catching

Corpse Party: Blood Drive - i think that is a real fitting game for Halloween

Edited by Tenzai1980

Not sure if i play this many spookey games until the end of the event but since i am playing resident evil 2 right now... why not joining?

Resident Evil 2: Zombies and other Monsters to fight

Resident Evil 3: Zombies and other Monsters to fight

Nexomon: if it is anything like the sequel, it will include ghost nexomon you need to catch and fight. All other Nexomon can be put in the category Monsters too

• Like 2

Ooh. This sounds fun! Count me in! My first three games are below:

1. Death Mark | NA - PS Vita | Current Progress: 4% 

• Visual Novel in which you've been cursed with a "Death Mark" on your arm. This "Mark" will eventually kill you if you are unable to remove it / uncover the truth behind it. The game also features spirits/ghosts. (Source)

2. I Saw Black Clouds | NA - PS4 | Current Progress: 0%

• Interactive Movie in which the main character returns to her hometown after the unexpected death of a friend and has to deal with some dark revelations. The trophy titles and descriptions hint at supernatural elements. (Trailer)

3. The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker | NA - PS4 | Current Progress: 14%

• FMV Murder Mystery in which you play as a psychiatrist trying to solve the death of a colleague by talking to his former patients. The game has horror themes and discusses concepts like the Afterlife and shapeshifting. (Source)
Edited by InfinateEternity
Formatting didn't go through as intended.
  • Like 2

I would like to sign up

1. Silent Hill 3 - You face monsters and inner demons as you discover more about the main characters past.

2. Dead Space - You explore a mining space ship gone dark where things have gone terribly wrong

3.Lone Survivor - Not too familiar with this but it is a survival horror with pixel 2D graphics

Edited by purgta
  • Like 1

Question: Can I declare unreleased games that will be released during the event? Obviously, there's no "50 fastest achievers" list available as of now. I know that i would risk that those games might become invalid before the event ends.

Unreleased games under consideration:

- The Medium (release 09/03)

- Diablo 2: Resurrected (release 09/23)

- Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes (release 10/22)

Halloween comes earlier every year. :D

Well, considering that FFXIV's Halloween is happening in Thanksgiving, I think that karma evened itself out. xD (Yes, FFXIV Halloween, aka All Saint's Wake, will be held on November 30 this year since they had to cancel it last year due to Corona virus.)

I'd participate in this event but I already have my remaining plats up to 200 planned and they are all three week RPG slogs. But I'll do the Our Church and Halloween series after I platinum FFXIV because I hope to get the plat by Endwalker (Nov. 19).

Edited by winter_bird_22

I'll throw my name in as well please!  Have a few spooky games in my backlog that I can use.

1. Amnesia Collection - Spooky looking survival horror

2. Murdered: Soul Suspect - Play as a ghost, solve your own murder

3. Erica - choice based murder mystery *started - currently at 19%*

-----

Dawn of Fear - Classic RE style survival horror

Dying: Reborn - Mystery horror puzzle

Goosebumps: The Game - classic Halloween nostalgia stuff

Intruders: Hide and Seek - Home invasion, save your parents *started - currently at 37%*

The Shapeshifting Detective - Murder mystery

Those Who Remain - Choice based Thriller

The Forest - Survival sandbox meets The Descent

There's 10 to get me going, be pretty happy if I can get through that list by Halloween!  I realize a couple are under the 6 hour threshold but I just posted all the ones that fit the theme, made sure the top 3 meet the standards at least!

Edited by felatio_deltoro
  • Like 1

I want to join :)

My Top 3 games:

- Z-Run. Run away from zombies or shoot them if you have ammo. Current Progress: 13/18 (76%)

- Escape Dead Island. Run away from zombies or kill them if you have a weapon in your hands. Current progress: 0%

- MediEvil. This is about ghosts and you're some undead guy who fights them. Current: 0%

Besides these i hope i can finish Dead Space 2 German Edition but i doubt i have enough free time for it :( I'm currently at 9/51 (13%)

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 1

Ohhhh this sounds very interesting and looking through all the posts above I see that I have A LOT of spooky games in my library I didn't touch for quite a while.

So my list would be:

Corpse Party: Blood Drive (PS Vita)

A survival horror rpg. It's the third (?) installment of the Heavenly Host-saga.

A group of school friends, a charm gone wrong and murderous little ghost kids that'll try to kill you. Brutally.

Alien: Isolation (PS3)

Survival horror/Stealth/Shooter.

The story revolves around Ripleys daughter. Amanda visits the space station Sevastopol after she heard the news that her lost mother might be there. But that's not the only living thing on the deserted station.

- started it back in 2015 and was already done with my nerves after chapter 2. After finding out that THE alien will appear the first time in chapter 3 I never touched it again. Perfect time to start the game once again and finish it!!

Vampyr (PS4)

An action rpg. Settled after WWI in London. The main character awoke as vampire and now we can roam about the dark city and either restrain ourselves from the bloodlust or give in and murder innocent people all around.

Games in consideration for later:

Corpse Party (PS4), currently not available in german store

House of Ashes (PS4), release 10/22

Hades (PS5)

Those Who Remain (PS4)

Metro: Last Light (PS3)

The Medium (PS5), release 10/03

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (PS Vita)

The Walking Dead: Season 2 (PS Vita)

Afterparty (PS4)

Little Nightmares (PS4)

• Like 2

That topic title brings back memories. ? I’ll join and lock in these three games.

Lone Survivor - you are a nobody home alone with the occasional cat visitor right in the middle of an apocalypse, surrounded by abhorrent creepers and you are damned to wear a surgical mask that transforms your face into what looks like an everlasting, all-encompassing massive and disturbing grin. How much more spooky could it get? 

Observation - you're an amnesiac AI with the trust-inspiring name SAM that (who) is reactivated from slumber on a damaged, crippled low Earth orbit international space station and the warning signs, floating debris and the missing human crew members make it clear that you'll be having your (non-existent) hands full with doing what's right and saving the day! ...or do you? 

Yuoni - didn't many of us test the merits of urban legends, sneak into abandoned locations and dare each other to summon a ghost at night? In Yuoni, you're put in the shoes of silly elementary schoolers who're summoning a wishing ghost while having themselves a great fun time - until they don't. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MissShake said:

You already know that I'm in! I'm locking these in:

• Afterparty: The game is about getting out of hell after dying by beating Satan at a drinking contest. I already started it, and the hellish environment works for this event.
  • The Walking Dead Collection: It's really the classic zombie/narrative game at this point, and it's been in my backlog for a while. Definitely a good fit for a spooky themed event.
  • Hades: What you said, kind of. Your enemies are shades, not exactly spooky stuff, but it's set in the underworld so I think it works!

Tentative list for everything else: (I'll come back and edit/finish my reasons, I'm doing multiple things at once lol)

• Resident Evil 2: One of the best horror games I've played in a long time, yet I never finished it. I don't know why, but maybe I'll do it for this event!
  • Berserk and the Band of the Hawk: This series is full of terrifying demons and the like. Getting the plat would be the perfect way to honor the creator, who passed away recently.
  • Layers of Fear: A horror game that's about a painter and his own personal hell. I stopped it and never finished it, and I'm really not sure why.
  • Danganronpa 1-2 Reload: A lot of those executions really are quite twisted! Seems like a perfect time of year to give these games a read.
  • Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice: A girl's trip to hell, and her struggle with psychosis. I haven't bought this yet, so I'm not sure about this one, but we'll see in time!
  • Graveyard Keeper: I mean, you play as a graveyard keeper. I think that fits for Halloween.
  • Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne: The world is ended, and pretty much every human has died. All that's left are demons, and the atmosphere of this game is pretty creepy.
  • Vampyr: Look at the title lol.
  • Yomawari Midnight Shadow: This is a Japanese horror game where you play as a little girl, if I remember right.
  • The Bunker: This is one of those FMV games but it apparently has some horror elements. I know I got a pack of a few of these games, maybe it's time to look into them more.

Added - Just a quick note on The Bunker. While it is a pretty good FMV, it is too short to count here. Also, Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice is a wild ride.

10 hours ago, InfinateEternity said:

Ooh. This sounds fun! Count me in! My first three games are below:

1. Death Mark | NA - PS Vita | Current Progress: 4% 

• Visual Novel in which you've been cursed with a "Death Mark" on your arm. This "Mark" will eventually kill you if you are unable to remove it / uncover the truth behind it. The game also features spirits/ghosts. (Source)

2. I Saw Black Clouds | NA - PS4 | Current Progress: 0%

• Interactive Movie in which the main character returns to her hometown after the unexpected death of a friend and has to deal with some dark revelations. The trophy titles and descriptions hint at supernatural elements. (Trailer)

3. The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker | NA - PS4 | Current Progress: 14%

• FMV Murder Mystery in which you play as a psychiatrist trying to solve the death of a colleague by talking to his former patients. The game has horror themes and discusses concepts like the Afterlife and shapeshifting. (Source)

Death Mark falls just short of counting here. Once a third valid game is selected, I will add.

5 hours ago, proud2bNs said:

Question: Can I declare unreleased games that will be released during the event? Obviously, there's no "50 fastest achievers" list available as of now. I know that i would risk that those games might become invalid before the event ends.

Unreleased games under consideration:

- The Medium (release 09/03)

- Diablo 2: Resurrected (release 09/23)

- Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes (release 10/22)

Going to go out on a limb here and say no. They may get delayed or be glitched to death upon release. Stick with released games for the 3 locks, please.

5 hours ago, felatio_deltoro said:

I'll throw my name in as well please!  Have a few spooky games in my backlog that I can use.

1. Amnesia Collection - Spooky looking survival horror

2. Murdered: Soul Suspect - Play as a ghost, solve your own murder

3. Erica - choice based murder mystery *started - currently at 19%*

-----

Dawn of Fear - Classic RE style survival horror

Dying: Reborn - Mystery horror puzzle

Goosebumps: The Game - classic Halloween nostalgia stuff

Intruders: Hide and Seek - Home invasion, save your parents *started - currently at 37%*

The Shapeshifting Detective - Murder mystery

Those Who Remain - Choice based Thriller

The Forest - Survival sandbox meets The Descent

There's 10 to get me going, be pretty happy if I can get through that list by Halloween!  I realize a couple are under the 6 hour threshold but I just posted all the ones that fit the theme, made sure the top 3 meet the standards at least!

Murdered: Soul Suspect falls short. May want to check a couple of your additional list too, Dying Reborn and Goosebumps are also too short.

Otherwise, lists look pretty cool. I totally forgot that Vampyr was a PS+ game. Might add that one to my list. Dontnod may have had some luck with a more action style game.

MediEvil is also a great catch! Its on PSNOW, I think as well. 

Will be adding a spreadsheet to the first post so that everyone can confirm. Everyone up to this point with 3 valid games is already added.

Ooo, looks like I'll be starting my Halloween games earlier than expected. I have a list just for this occasion, now what to pick...

1. Layers of Fear - Spooky walking simulator. Only did a blind playthrough so far and haven't touched the DLC yet.

2. Alien Isolation - Played this last Halloween and had a great time with it, it is extremely creepy and took me a while the first time through. Using headphones makes this so much scarier/bettter. Have one more run left for all collectables, not dying and not killing any people.

3. Resident Evil Village (VIII) - It's Resident evil so ya.... Don't own this yet but my goal was to buy it by October, the price doesn't seem to want to go lower.

I also plan to play through Prey, not sure if it counts or not as I'm going in fairly blind, but I'm not sure I'll have time to platinum it during this. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, blu3st4rdust305 said:

Death Mark falls just short of counting here. Once a third valid game is selected, I will add.

I apologize. Perhaps I'm looking at the wrong numbers, and if I am, then please direct me to where to look. But, according to to the information I found the 50th fastest time for the Vita version is over 3 weeks, which is most certainly longer than the 6 hours you're asking for??

Current Leaderboard: https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/8382-death-mark/1-death-mark

60JBdjX.png