The Revenge of 13 Plats of Halloween (Sign Ups Closed)

Hmm, first time trying out for something like this, so here goes:

1. Batman: Arkham Asylum. I've already completed much of the content, but I do have a hard playthrough to do + some predator challenges. 

Reason: You're Batman fighting against a scarecrow, a plant monster, a harlequin, a reptile, and, ultimately, a clown. That has Halloween written all over it!

2. The Last of Us 2. Haven't played it on my new account.

Reason: Great story and characters + zombies. 

3. Doom Eternal (PS4). Haven't played it on this account.

Reason: Parkour + Demons. I might have to actually play the DLCs finally ?

Games under consideration: 

1. Batman: Arkham City. I just need to finish the New Game Plus and the Harley Quinn DLC. 

Reason: The clown returns. 

2. Doom 2016.

Reason: Why not? Demons. 

3. Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Already in progress.

Reason: Supernatural enemies, though not as spectacular as Rise or 2013's enemies. 

4. Black Ops III. (Maybe. I dunno if I can force myself to go thru the shitty campaign again, or Shitsubou, but I did like SoE and Der Eisen. Hmmm...)

Reason: Zombies.

5. Ghost of Tsushima (PS4)

Reason: Supernatural elements, especially when you're learning new abilities.

• Like 2

I have finished the first game for this event :)

I cannot say anything good about Z-Run. It's an endless runner zombie killing combination and it looked ok at best, not very different in level and enemy design, i had to play through 5 times because of several glitches including one to prevent me from picking up all weapons twice. I downloaded this game 10 times on my Vita because because it installed a patch which made everything worse and i'm just glad i made it through and can go on with better games now :D

1. Z-Run 18/18 (100%)

2. Escape Dead Island (0%)

3. MediEvil (0%)

4. Dead Space 2 German 9/51 (13%)

I'm happy that i saw just after announcing that i'm gonna use Escape Dead Island that there's one dlc which you need for some trophies still available to buy and even for free :)

I'm still looking around what to play to get to 5 games, i don't have much gaming time anymore due to work and haven't found something interesting in either ps+ or ps now so far except MediEvil...

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 3

Sounds fun and would like to join although doubt I'll come anywhere close to 13 games haha.

First three are:

1. Dying Light  - Zombie filled game

2. Onimusha - Fighting Demons

3. Danganronpa Trigger Happy Havok - Horror themed game

Next 10:

4. Danganronpa 2 Goodybe Despair

5. Corpse Party Blood Drive
6. Zombie Driver Immortal Edition
7. Fahrenheit
8. Silent Hill Downpour
9. Aliens Isolation
10. Little Nightmares

11. Halloween Forever

12. South Park and the Stick of Truth

13. Nightcry - survivor horror

Other games I might switch out....Zombi, White Day, Resident Evil Zero, Psychonauts, Metro 2033, Heavy Rain, Doom, Doom 2016, Dead Rising, Evil Within 1 and 2, Danganronpa 3.

Edited by HailHale81
  • Like 1

A second game falls! Not one I had mentioned, but I just started it yesterday...

1. The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep
  2. The Mummy Demastered

Mummies are clearly Halloween-themed. So are the zombies you fight. Only 10 people have beaten it in under 6 hours, so it works for the event...for now. (Oh, and it's a good game. Highly recommended.)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

1. The Mummy Demastered

Mummies are clearly Halloween-themed. So are the zombies you fight. Only 10 people have beaten it in under 6 hours, so it works for the event...for now. (Oh, and it's a good game. Highly recommended.)

It isnt a long game but in my opinion they make a lot right for a metroidvania that you enjoy this journey. Glad you liked it!

• Like 1

On 9/3/2021 at 8:21 PM, Caquis_1 said:

Just updated my main list but I was wondering if one of the games I choose wouldn't be a problem, I explained it on my main post. @blu3st4rdust305

The two lists are identical, so I would consider them stacks. Also, I have not added Amnesia to the list, since I am not sure which Amnesia game you have in mind.

On 9/3/2021 at 10:18 PM, Fenrirfeather said:

Finished Observation, so I am going to talk a bit about this game with only 6k tracked owners. 

To touch upon what I wrote in my earlier post, Observation puts you in the shoes of Sam (or SAM), a seemingly amnesiac artificial intelligence that is tasked to survey, aid and monitor a low orbit space station, originally boarded by a human crew to circle Earth.

Your name, in truth merely a handy acronym for Systems Administration & Maintenance, is used with affection by crew members such as the one who you meet at the very beginning at the game: Dr. Emma Fisher. The two of you awaken alone to confusion, destruction and mayhem after what Emma suspects to have been a collision that has left your station, the Observation, tumbling through space and clearly damaged. Albeit you are an AI and initially restricted to viewing the station through the many cameras on board, Emma relies on you to stabilise the station together with her, as well as to figure out what has happened to you two. 

In the game, you interact with the character Emma by being her literal eyes around the space vessel and that means that in the beginning, you are switching from camera to camera a lot, checking out your logs for error reports and reporting them back to Emma with a special response mode. You're hooking up to still-functioning hatches in order to open and close them, secure clamps to keep the station together and eventually track down the rest of the crew (or what is left of it) and untangle the mystery of what happened to Emma's/your station. 

Without spoiling the plot, I will say as a bit of a sci-fi/horror nut, I enjoyed where it was going and the very last scenes were a welcome surprise. There's a lot of floating (call it "Walking Simulator 2.0), vast, dark and empty space all around you, some spooky alien, some death and a wicked blend in which it all comes together at the end. 

Observation is currently available as part of PSNow in Europe (Germany), so maybe check it out. 

I picked up Observation ages ago and it sits deep in my backlog. Not sure how keen I am to bring it up. Seems a little long for the type of game it is. Exploration adventures (walking simulations) wear thin on me after a couple of hours of aimless wandering. 

On 9/4/2021 at 8:04 AM, Evil_Joker88 said:

I have finished the first game for this event :)

I cannot say anything good about Z-Run. It's an endless runner zombie killing combination and it looked ok at best, not very different in level and enemy design, i had to play through 5 times because of several glitches including one to prevent me from picking up all weapons twice. I downloaded this game 10 times on my Vita because because it installed a patch which made everything worse and i'm just glad i made it through and can go on with better games now :D

1. Z-Run 18/18 (100%)

2. Escape Dead Island (0%)

3. MediEvil (0%)

4. Dead Space 2 German 9/51 (13%)

I'm happy that i saw just after announcing that i'm gonna use Escape Dead Island that there's one dlc which you need for some trophies still available to buy and even for free :)

I'm still looking around what to play to get to 5 games, i don't have much gaming time anymore due to work and haven't found something interesting in either ps+ or ps now so far except MediEvil...

Never heard of it. Congrats on clearing it out!

10 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

A second game falls! Not one I had mentioned, but I just started it yesterday...

1. The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep
  2. The Mummy Demastered

That is a good one. Metroidvania, but not super long or demanding. It does not have a boss rush or a speed run requirement trophy, it is as straightforward a trophy list as can be. 

8 hours ago, WDB_Chaotic said:

Just realised the DLC thing, so im gonna remove Doom 2016 and replace with THE WALKING DEAD: THE FINAL SEASON DISC (EU)

FYI. Doom (2016) is locked in. 

Everything has been updated. Very happy to see Castlevania come up, although I would not have figured Lords of Shadow would have been the first appearance. Interesting to see Call of Duty, though it does make sense with the Zombie modes.  Surprised CoD popped up before Wolfenstein. 

I started The Walking Dead: A New Frontier and quickly remembered why it stood out when I hammered through the Collection and the Final Season late last year. Very minor spoilers ahead, I will save my bigger spoilers for when I finish.

After The First Season, which is an emotional, well paced game with solid character arcs and development, Season Two felt disjointed and meaningless. Sure, stakes were raised due to the baby and the extreme weather, but ultimately the first few episodes meant basically nothing.  I acknowledge that I may have an unpopular opinion when I say that Clem just isn't that great of a protagonist. The Final Season solidified this for me. Not a fan of how it all ended. I can see how many players can become really enthralled in her story, it just fell short for me. 

A New Frontier centers around Javier and his actual family, in juxtaposition to Clem and her "found" family.  Clem appears as a narrative device to tie Javier's story with The Walking Dead game series. You spend a great deal of energy managing the politics of wanting to work with her but understanding that she may, understandably, not have the collective good in mind. Adding the family aspect, the options and decisions feel like they have more gravity. The story also feels like it moves faster than the rest of the series, without feeling too disjointed. 

I decided to take my time playing it this time, as I probably rushed thru it last year just to finish the series (and clear storage space in my drive). It is still a Telltale game, so it tops out at around 8-10 hours, so it won't take long anyway. Just want to let the story sit a little longer this time.

I have never participated in this kinda thing, I october is the month I tend to play this kind of games, so let's see

First three are:

1. ECHO (horror like stealth game)

2. Night Trap

3. Perception

Next 10:

4. Observer: (I have some trophies, but the game bugged out and I couldn't made any progress so I am going to restart)

5. Remothered

6. The Darkside Detective

7. Afterparty

8. Indigo prophecy

9. Savage Halloween

10. Man of Medan

11. White night

12. Friday the 13 killer puzzle

13. Need a packet?

Edited by MAUSZX

I'll join up. Here's my first 3 games:

1. Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (PS3) (44% completed) Akiba is filled with vampires, and the only way to save it is to strip their clothes off to expose them to the sunlight. Also, given the setting, lots of cosplay costumes in the game to add to the halloween feel.

2. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (PS4) (27% completed) The spiritual successor to the Castlevania series, this game borrows a lot of its horror style from that series, with the various demons and other monsters throughout the exploration of the main castle.

3. Mary Skelter: Nightmares (Vita) (21% completed) A dungeon crawler with a horror-filled dungeon area called the Jail, filled with various creatures called Nightmares that are the bosses of the game.

I have some other ideas for games to be placed on the list, but I'll take some time to look over them and see if I can actually complete them during the event time period - though I would like to keep the one game from each system as I have it above (even though I did finally get a PS5). Though with Alan Wake Remastered being announced soon, that might be a good choice for the PS5!

I'd like to participate as well!

Core 3:

1. The Walking Dead (Vita) - 0% - Features zombies or 'Undead', a staple of Hallowe'en festivities.
  2. Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight - 0% - The heroes are called 'Phantom Thieves'. Phantoms are spooky Hallowe'en-like creatures. Oh, and you can wear costumes of iconic Sega characters.
  3. Gun Club VR - 11% - Has a mode with zombies as mobile targets; classic zombie action film stuff.

Additional 10:

1. Alien vs. Predator - 2% - Alien and Predator are both classic sci-fi/horror movies. The game's Marine campaign is probably quite scary too.
  2. Beyond: Two Souls (PS3) - 30% - Weird supernatural storyline starring Kitty Pryde and the Green Goblin.
  3. Dead Rising 2 - 88% - Zombies. The spookiest part will be finding a co-op partner.
  4. Destroy All Humans! 2 - 0% - Aesthetic of a 50s sci-fi film.
  5. Saw - 24% - Adapted from the slasher flick series that is, according to Guinness, the "Most Successful Horror Franchise"
  6. Styx: Master of Shadows - 6% - You are the creature lurking in the shadows.
  7. Until Dawn: Rush of Blood - 33% - VR shooting gallery with a creepy atmosphere and all the classic horror-themed tropes
  8. You Are Being Followed - 0% - No idea what this is about. The description mentions the 'unknown'. What's scarier than that?
  9. Zombie Apocalypse - 14% - Once again, more zombies.
  10. Zombie Army 4: Dead War - 0% - Nazi zombies? Supernatural and societal horror rolled into one nice package.

I need to think up my games so I'll try to have them here in a day or two.

Maybe a dumb question, but are these trophies supposed to be popped on Oct 31, a specific time frame, or at anytime?

Edited by masaru-san
Added games

I'll join.

First three:

Afterparty (PS4) - 3% - Hipsters in Hell - The woman that voiced Chloe/Aloy features prominently. By the folks that made Oxenfree. I enjoyed playing it, but put it down and never came back to it.

Amy (PS3) - 9% - Barely remember this one, but always wanted to see if it was any good.

Costume Quest 2 (PS3) - 33% I always loved the two CQ games. I finally S ranked CQ1 awhile back, so wanna get this done.

Alternate games:

Indigo Prophecy (PS4) - 6% - Quantic Dream’s first playable movie type game, before Heavy Rain. Had the original for PS2 when I was a teenager.

Resident Evil 0 - (PS4) - 3% - Huge RE fan. Never finished this game.

Silent Hill Downpour (PS3) - 27%

The Cave (PS3) - 45% - Also by Double Fine, who made Costume Quest. Has plenty of spooky themes. Really fun. First time I played was with my best bud and I’m pretty sure we were on drugs.

The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope (PS4) - 25%

The Dark Pictures Anthology: MoM (PS4) - 32%

Deadly Premonition: The Director’s Cut (PS3) -  1% - Is it any good? Never gave it a serious try. Let's find out!

Demon’s Souls (PS5) - 97% - Should be obvious why I hesitate to use this one. I only need the invasion trophy.

Beyond: Two Souls (PS4) - 46% - Would love to play this again, but I have a disc copy and would have to pull my PS4 out of storage.

Corpse Party BR (PS4) - 75% - AKA Blood Covered… Repeated Fear. Only released in Japan, I think. Hesitate to include because of my already high percentage.

The Medium (PS5) - 34% - I’m actively playing this one.

Fallout 4 (PS4) - 80% - All the Fallout games have Halloween things scattered throughout because the bombs dropped in late October. Would love to finally finish this, but 80% is too high to be fair IMO.

Edited by droppingtherock
Adding content

L7e6712.png

:platinum:I Saw Black Clouds | NA - PS4 | Current Progress: 100% (Trailer)

Update time: I've officially finished my first game for this event! The trailer of this interactive movie promised some horror and supernatural elements and it delivered both in premise and on execution. Of the FMVs I've platted (The Bunker, Late Shift, The Complex), this one was the most successful by far at making the diverging paths actually feel vastly different. The main diverging points that led to a set of two endings each, for example, both felt like completely different movies. There was the jump scare-filled ghost version, and a murder mystery version. Admittedly, I'm a little jump-scare happy when it comes to horror films. So, what I'm about to say may come off as a bit biased. But, my first playthrough of the ghost version of the story, I was falling for the majority of the jump scares. So, in my mind, the game provided a decent amount of entertainment. And, even though you could clearly tell the makeup and special effects were a tad-low budget, the acting was decent, and the game was generally an enjoyable experience.

With that being said, I'm going to officially cross this game off my list, and request my first two additions of the event:

Current Games for the Event:

1. (:platinum:) I Saw Black Clouds | NA - PS4 | Current Progress: 100%

2. The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker | NA - PS4 | Current Progress: 17%

3. The Wolf Among Us | NA - PS3 | Current Progress: 10%

4 & 5. See Requested Additions

Requested Additions to List:

1. Zero Escape: The Nonary Games | NA - PS4 | Current Progress: 2%

• I feel this game works for this event as both of the games contained within it deal with kidnapping and a Death Game, where your only chance of survival is to figure out a way to escape. Similar to the Saw movies, just with a lighter tone.

2. Zero Time Dilemma | NA - PS Vita | Current Progress: 0%

• This is a sequel to Zero Escape: The Nonary Games and the Death Game continues.

Edited by InfinateEternity
Image formatting didn't go through the first time.
  • Like 2

Can I add games?
PSN ID - rahulrx0
I'd Like them to be Hitman (2016) (PS4) - Because of the fact that you gotta murder a bunch of people without getting caught. SPOOKY for the targets.
Hitman 2 (PS4) - Because again, you get to murder people.
Hitman 3 (PS4) - Because hell yeah, the whole trilogy.

Marvel's Avengers (PS4) - A bunch of adults dressed up as superheroes? Sounds like halloween to me.

Thank you

Is there still space for one more participant? I'd like to enter with the following three games:

1. Little Nightmares - escape a mysterious vessel full of giant scary creatures

2. Afterparty - escape hell by out-drinking satan himself

3. The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan - escape a ghost ship as a group of five characters

Looks like I need to put my stealth shoes on to escape all these fantastic places.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2021 at 9:56 PM, Yen-Pop said:

I'm definitely in! I'll add my games to this post once I've decided on my three ?

Erica - an interactive thriller where all the decision making is in your hands, what can be scarier than making a decision you don't like?? Also murder. That's pretty spooky. 

Hidden Agenda - oOoOoOo decisions and murder! 

Psychonauts 2 - okay, this one I'm going to actually explain; my justification is that despite it's colorful and jokey exterior, you are entering people's minds and interacting with their traumas, phobias, and mental illnesses. Plus the first game had it's fair share of Cronenberg-esque bodyhorror amalgamations wrapped up in bubble gum packaging, especially in the end. If it's too much of a stretch, I get it, but I'm placing it here for your consideration. 

Other games I'm considering adding, as of now:

Amnesia - peak horror game energy, where you can't fight, you can't run, you can only hide and hope

Zombie Vikings - colorful zombies fighting a wizard, pretty Halloween-y to me!

The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan - another entry with classic horror game energy, except you'll say goodbye to your characters if you don't press that :square: fast enough

Brutal Legend - sure sure, there's demons and monsters, but the real enemy to fear here is late 2000s emo fashion

Especially after playing it a fair amount this weekend, I'm sticking to my guns on Psychonauts 2. It's definitely darker themed than the original (and also extremely good!)

This is great. I was planning on trying to complete 31 ‘spooky’ games in October just for fun. I’ve always loved Halloween but its not very popular in Australia.

Little Nightmares- Need Hard to the Core. Fun little haunting game.

Vampyr (0%)- Name say it all

Welcome to Hanwell- Looks like a fun asylum/ monster game.

also looking at Outlast 1&2, Little Nightmares 2, Heavy Rain, Maid of Sker, Blair Witch to name a few.

Unless it is too late to join?

Edited by AngryOldManGamer

4 hours ago, blu3st4rdust305 said:

LEGO Lord of the Rings/LEGO Harry Potter/LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean - These delve into the supernatural/witchcrafty/undead moreso than most of the rest of the LEGO games. Harry Potter in particular makes for a great couple of games. Usual formula though.

4 hours ago, blu3st4rdust305 said:

Sayonara: Wild Hearts - Clever rhythm game. So captivating and inventive. The soundtrack is great. The mechanics of the game change throughout, keeping you on your toes. Not oppressively difficult, though like any rhythm game, practice makes perfect. Spooky elements in a particular section. 

Ooh I'm glad these can count, I have Lego Harry Potter on my soon to play list and almost got gold on all the levels in Sayonara Wild Hearts so I can work towards the trophies. What happens if we complete other games before our 3 listed?

Update: I finished the first game from my list:

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2.

It is a fantastic game. From the gamelay to the looks up to the music it really feels like an lost NES Castlevania. For the platinum you have to play through the game 6 times, but thanks to alternate pathways and characters with different abilities to use, it never felt boring for me. The times for my playthroughs ranks from 3 hours and 40 minutes for an 100% run to 1 hour and 20 minutes. For the sake of time, I played on casual (which despite it`s name, offers a decent challenge), but I definitely plan to play it again on the harder difficullties.

A tip:

Play the 3 regular episodes first. This unlocks a powered up version of the main character which makes the 3 remaining playthrouhs much more doable and it doesn`t negate the platinum.

Edited by reaperveteran86
  • Like 1

Damn, wish I had seen this right before I platinumed Hades, but here we go.

My Confirmed Three

1. Blair Witch [Pretty explanatory.]

2. Control (PS5 EU or JP stack, I have both) [Interdimensional terror is very Halloween.]

3. I Expect You to Die 2 [It's a game of VR escape rooms, and escape rooms remind me of Halloween due to doing my first one around that time.]

My fluid 10

4. The Walking Dead Collection [All four games for one plat.]

5. Friday the 13th: Killer Puzzle [Slayaway Camp with a Jason skin. But I love puzzles.]

6. Overcooked: All You Can Eat [Tons of costumes and many Halloween spooky ones. Plus the game is about saving the world for a giant spooky meatball monster.]

7. Mass Effect 2 [An alien invasion trying to wipe out all sentient life seems spooky to me.]

8. Afterparty [Gotta outdrink the Devil.]

9. The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles [Everyone's in weird costumes and getting murdered and shit, also I just really wanna play it.]

10. Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution [Zombies deck.]

11. Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc [A murder high school seems spooky to me.]

12. Deliver Us The Moon [Being stranded on the moon after the apocalypse is fucking terrifying.]

13. Resident Evil: Village (PS4) [I always do a Resident Evil game during the Halloween events, but i'm really debating if I wanna suffer through mercenaries mode again.]

Edited by DoctorDrPepper

On 9/1/2021 at 4:37 PM, MissShake said:

• Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice: A girl's trip to hell, and her struggle with psychosis. I haven't bought this yet, so I'm not sure about this one, but we'll see in time!
  • The Bunker: This is one of those FMV games but it apparently has some horror elements. I know I got a pack of a few of these games, maybe it's time to look into them more.

I was going to add these two games also but noticed both of them are under the 6 hour limit :(