The Revenge of 13 Plats of Halloween (Sign Ups Closed)

Here's an update, I finished TOUHOU DOUBLE FOCUS.

1. Dead Space 3.
2. Angels of Death.

3. Devil May Cry
4. PLAGUE ROAD.
5. Last Labyrinth
6. TOUHOU DOUBLE FOCUS.
7. ODDWORLD: MUNCH'S ODDYSEE HD. 
8. WEEPING DOLL

9. INFAMOUS: FESTIVAL OF BLOOD
10. HUNTED: THE DEMON'S FORGE. 

And with that I have 2 games done.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2021 at 9:05 PM, Yechan said:

Just wanted to give an update that I finished Devil May Cry.

I also want to add the following games to my list:
4. PLAGUE ROAD. A doctor just trying to do his job but getting attacked by his potential patients.
5. Last Labyrinth. An escape the room adventure PSVR game that I only played for 10 minutes so far. This game actually reminded me of Beyond the Labyrinth (ラビリンスの彼方) a 3DS game and was one of the reasons why I wanted to get it.
6. TOUHOU DOUBLE FOCUS. It's a game about two tengu exploring a book. AKA two girls in costume going trick or treating of course. I only have a handful of trophies left.
7. ODDWORLD: MUNCH'S ODDYSEE HD. Fun game about saving a species from going extinct due to poaching and also to save your pals from the greedy corporations that have enslaved them. Spooky. I already beat the game once but I need to do at least one more playthrough for trophies. 
8. WEEPING DOLL. PSVR game about exploring spooky events that happened in a spooky house related to a spooky doll. The only trophy I have left is for beating the game. One of the first PSVR games I played back when the PSVR came out around in 2016. I was right at the end, literally one more action to finish it but the game glitched where I couldn't do that one action and so progress was blocked no matter what I tried. I'll start a new game and hopefully it doesn't glitch out on me at the end.

9. INFAMOUS: FESTIVAL OF BLOOD. Non-canon inFamous game where Cole gets turned into a vampire. A. Vampire. Spooky. Originally I wanted to get the online trophy out of the way before the server eventually goes down so I started playing it earlier this year but I enjoyed it so much that I beat the game. I still have some cleanup trophies to do. 
10. HUNTED: THE DEMON'S FORGE. You go around beating undeads, demons, and the most horrifying creature of them all: human. Actually I don't know if you fight against any humans because I have only played this game for 10 minutes. This was one of the many sealed PS3 games that I had lying around but never played. Since besides for Angels of Death, Plague Road, and Last Labyrinth, most of the games are ones that I have played beaten or played a decent amount, I thought I should add a game that I played for less than 1 hour.

Weeping Doll and Infamous: Festival of Blood do not qualify due to length. Others have been added.

On 9/17/2021 at 2:10 PM, DJ__Beatroot said:

Today's Update!

Finished Oxenfree.  Nice game, although I think I'll swear off playing any game that requires multiple playthroughs!!

1. Erica: Psychological thriller, with an occult hospital and strange people :platinum:

2. Oxenfree: Overnight island party, that goes wrong - sort of like Cabin in the Woods :platinum:

3. South Park: The Stick of Truth:  What could be more Halloween than costumes, Gnomes, Al Gore and the Goth Kids?

Make sure to prioritize missables on South Park, else you may need to do multiple playthrus. lol

Everything else has been updated. I have been completely engrossed with Deus Ex that I have barely made time for any spooky games. Still need to do Breach mode and the 2 DLCs. 

• Like 1

Second Update

So, still waiting for Blair Witch and The Medium to show up in the mail. Finished two more games in the mean time. Overcooked All You Can Eat is something my friends and I have been working on off and on for a few months. Of course it was free on PS+ after I bought it right? Def has a bunch of Halloween and spooky levels plus Halloween costumes. A vampire was one of my go to costumes. Also finished Deathloop. Might be in GOTY contention for me. Whole game has a psychedelic horror feel plus costume party finale. Great game. Also, the plat was my 25,000 overall trophy. Very happy with that as a milestone. Gonna be putting a chapter of Walking dead in every day or two and work through all of that over the rest of September and October, and waiting to see what's up with Alan Wake.

Solid Picks:

1. I Expect You To Die 2 :platinum:

2. Control Ultimate Edition (PS5 EU) :platinum:

3. Blair Witch 

Let's see what happens

4. Walking Dead Collection - 10%

5. The Medium

6. Overcooked All You Can Eat :platinum:

7. Alan Wake Remastered

8. Deathloop :platinum:

• Like 2

Well, I thought I had escaped the mines, but it turns out there are a lot of underground areas in The Forest. At least there are less cannibals down there.

1. The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep
  2. The Mummy Demastered
  3. Chasm
  4. The Forest

Good game, but I don't think I would've had time to do it for the event if I hadn't finished up most of it in August.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

Gonna be putting a chapter of Walking dead in every day or two and work through all of that over the rest of September and October, and waiting to see what's up with Alan Wake.

I've been working on those myself. Almost done with them! After that, I'm going to be playing my Halloween-related football game. I need the trophy for killing 1,000 players. It's tough to get more than a dozen in a game, so this can potentially be going for the rest of the event. I have no idea how many kills I got before when I did the other trophies. I hope you enjoy The Walking Dead though. I've had a pretty good time with them. 

• Like 3

Finished my second game. I really really loved the dialogs in this game. And catching the last Nexomon was the real horror in this game: took me over 4 hours or so :shakefist:

Vampyr :platinum:

Nexomon: Extinction :platinum:

Corpse Party: Blood Drive - i think that is a real fitting game for Halloween

• Like 3

So, this is my progress so far:

Solid picks:

1. Costume Quest 2 ? - Let's do some trick or treating and battle some monster in the meantime.

2. The Last of Us (62%)- Zombies

3. Vampyr - I believe the title is self explanatory, there are vampires in the game

Other games (may change):

4. MediEvil :platinum: - Well, you are a skelleton knight fighting monsters. I guess it fits

5. Yesterday Origins :platinum:- Cultism, immortality, sorcery and stuff like that

6. South Park: The Stick of Truth - Lots of costumes, zombies and other forces of evil

7. South Park: The Fractured But Whole - Costumes once again

8. Hotline Miami (90%) - Masked guy killing everyone in sight

9. Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep: A Fragmentary Passage (57%) - Heartless, creatures of the dark figthing against you

10. Destroy All Humans 2! - Alien Invasion

11. The Walking Dead: A New Frontier - Zombies

• Like 2

@blu3st4rdust305  Would Batman: The Telltale Series qualify for the event?  I mean, you've got a guy wearing a bat mask running around with a rubber suit and Arkham Asylum as a setting.  Plus a few other characters in costumes that you wouldn't normally see during the day on a street.  At least, I don't think so.  :hmm:

Edited by DJ__Beatroot
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DJ__Beatroot said:

@blu3st4rdust305  Would Batman: The Telltale Series qualify for the event?  I mean, you've got a guy wearing a bat mask running around with a rubber suit and Arkham Asylum as a setting.  Plus a few other characters in costumes that you wouldn't normally see during the day on a street.  At least, I don't think so.  :hmm:

I did it for the original Halloween event. I think any Batman game would fit the theme, honestly.

3 hours ago, DJ__Beatroot said:

Absolutely counts. go for it.

• Like 1

First Update.

:platinum:Dying Light....had a great time playing this game except for the many glitches when you try to grab onto something. Made the parkour dlc harder than it needed to be.

:platinum:Halloween Forever: Great little 2d platforming game on the vita. I know this wasn't in my top three but I got hooked when I started it.

Onto Onimusha and Danganronpa next.

• Like 3

On 9/7/2021 at 2:37 PM, MissShake said:

I know it says the first three games are locked in, but I listed the wrong version of The Walking Dead. Is it okay to switch it to the Definitive Series?

Hey @blu3st4rdust305, you never answered this question. It's the same game, just a different version, so is it okay that I play this for the event instead?

First update: Did the first platinum on the first game ECHO, should have looked up the rarity of this game before, it took me a while but is an Ultra rare, anyway here is how i rate this:

Game: 8/10

Plat Difficulty : 6.5/10 few guides out there and it can be hard to find all the voices with the videoguide since every rooms looks very similar.

Halloween fit: Well a bunch of clones of your self are trying to kill you and learn from your moves so 9/10 not scary but can be creepy and weird.

1. ECHO :platinum:

2. Night Trap

3. Perception

Now I look at my list and wonder if I even going to be close to finish it lol.

Next 10:

4. Observer: (I have some trophies, but the game bugged out and I couldn't made any progress so I am going to restart)

5. Remothered

6. The Darkside Detective

7. Afterparty

8. Indigo prophecy

9. Savage Halloween

10. Man of Medan

11. White night

12. Friday the 13 killer puzzle

13. Need a packet?

• Like 2

Resident Evil 2 :platinum:

Resident Evil 3 :platinum:

Castlevania Requiem: SotN & RoB :platinum:

FIST: Forged in Shadow Torch :platinum:

Nexomon :platinum:

Platined Nexomon yesterday. Totally enjoyable if you are into monster Taming games! Not sure how far i can get in the event since Lost Judgement is on my list next and it shouldnt be really spookey. 

Completing 13 games in this time Frame is pretty hard ?

• Like 4

Thought about the rest of the games to get to 13. I must admit, i mostly got the game ideas from the other players in this event.

My full list:

1. Vampyr :platinum:
2. Nexomon Extinction :platinum:
3. Corpse Party: Blood Drive

Will most likely change:

4. Mary Skelter

5. Nexomon
6. Yesterday Origins
7. Plague Road
8. Corpse Party BR
9. South Park: the stick of truth
10. South Park: the fractured but whole
11. Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity
12. Psychonauts
13. Akiba´s Trip
  • Like 3

Coming in hot with a double feature! Only one of them has to do with mining, surprisingly. I guess I can't keep that mini-theme going.

1. The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep
  2. The Mummy Demastered
  3. Chasm
  4. The Forest
  5. The Walking Dead: A New Frontier
  6. Night in the Woods

...Hm. Six solid titles. I don't think I've ever had an event where I liked every game I played. We'll see if that's the trend I can keep going forward.

• Like 4

My second update, and two more games to cross off the list! Individual comments for both games are below, along with some requests for games I'd like to add to my list. The good news, I'm officially done with the three games that I initially committed to this event. So, only 10 more to go to hit that coveted 13. Yay!

1L243b07.png

:platinum: The Wolf Among Us | NA - PS3 | Current Progress: 100%

There's really not much to say for this one, as I'm sure most have heard of it by now, lol. :P But, with that being said, I appreciated the darker take on standard fairy tale characters (combined with the urban setting and murder mystery) as well as the exploration of Bigby's internal struggle between being the upstanding sheriff and reverting back to the violent tendencies of the "Big Bad Wolf". Which aspect of his personality he leans into is the choice of the player, of course. But, even without that, the narrative still explores the duality of good and evil in a more nuanced way, with all the other characters seeing the world in shades of grey (for the most part), rather than strictly black and white. So, thematically, everything comes together to create a cohesive experience, and the story, while not exceptional and containing some plot holes, is a solid one in terms of immersion and enjoyment.  

1L009e9e.png

:platinum:The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker | NA - PS4 | Current Progress: 100%

I'm not gonna lie, I enjoy FMV games and when done well, view them as sort of an upgraded version of visual novels (which I also enjoy). But, to be perfectly honest, while this FMV murder mystery did explore themes surrounding mental heath, psychiatry and psychokinesis (the psychokinesis being the vehicle by which all of the supernatural / paranormal elements are explained in-game), this was a complete slog to get through. Normally with an FMV it does lean into a visual novel / point-and-click set up. But, here, while some of that is present, it's overshadowed by the gimmicky use of the DS4's keyboard / typing feature.

Rather than simply selecting your questions / choices and allowing yourself to just enjoy the story (or what could be considered a story), you instead are required to type - yes type - a good number of  your potential questions out using the DS4 or an external keyboard and submit them before the story / investigation will move forward. When you add this to the fact that you are unlikely to really progress in this game (trophy-wise) without some sort of guide, it became an incredibly tedious experience. If I truly wasn't in the middle of a fixture for the PSNP Trophy Hunter's League, I probably would have put this on pause for a very, very long time. Having to constantly use the DS4's awkward keyboard interface and having to look up questions to ask to ensure I got the plat in a single playthrough was a particular PITA that I don't wish to experience again. If you have that external keyboard, perhaps it won't be so bad for you. But, otherwise, I would not recommend this to others unless you're okay with what I've described above. If you do decide to try this game, I wish you luck. ?

Current Games for the Event:

1. (:platinum:) I Saw Black Clouds | NA - PS4 | Current Progress: 100%

2. (:platinum:) The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker | NA - PS4 | Current Progress: 100%

3. (:platinum:) The Wolf Among Us | NA - PS3 | Current Progress: 100%

4Zero Escape: The Nonary Games | NA - PS4 | Current Progress: 11%

5.  Zero Time Dilemma | NA - PS Vita | Current Progress: 0%

Requested Additions to List:

1. Batman: The Telltale Series | NA - PS4 | Current Progress: 7%

• Contains a vigilante dressed as a bat, with villains and anti-heroes that take on other classic Halloween tropes (creepy / possessed clown (Joker), black cat (Catwoman), etc.)

2. Batman: The Enemy Within | NA - PS4 | Current Progress: 0%

• Sequel to Batman: The Telltale Series. Fits the event for the same reasons as the first season.

3. Call of Cthulhu | NA - PS4 | Current Progress: 0%

• Game has Lovecraftian Horror with monsters and a murder-mystery plot.

Edited by InfinateEternity
  • Like 3

1. Soul Sacrifice

2. Castlevania Anniversary Collection

3. Resident Evil

4. Dying Light

5. Control (PS5) :platinum:

6. The Walking Dead Season 1 (PS4)

7. The Walking Dead Season 2 (PS4)

My first update for this event! And a few new entries on my list. I'm slowly running out of games in my backlog. I managed to get my hands on a PS5 and I couldn't resist diving right in with Control as my first game. One of my all time favorites with lots of spooky interdimensional weirdness. Setting a rather perfect tone for the spooky season. Completed it and the DLC in a week or so. And also - not counting for the event - I went ahead and cleaned up the DLC trophies on the PS4 edition also. 

Control is honestly one of my favorite games of all time and it's even more incredible on PS5. I'm going to start on Dying Light this weekend and still keep poking away at Soul Sacrifice.

Edited by SupergiantStarr
  • Like 3

Everything is updated.

I finally got my first completion.  Walking Dead: A New Frontier is wrapped up. The last couple of chapters definitely feel rushed and underdeveloped. Its like the animations and dialogue was weakly spliced together. Its a shame, Javier and his family make for a pretty good story. Weaving Clem in and out with flashbacks to help bridge the gap from Season 2, was fine. 

Have a long way to go with only 1 done and 12 to go.

• Like 2

Update 2: Platinum Afterparty, pretty fun game, funny and all, highly recommend it.

Btw I just notices one of my games that I pick doesn't fit since the top 50 is 4 hours and 50 minutes. Sooo I guess I have ton pick a new one... Sorry

1. ECHO

2. Night Trap

3. Perception

Now I look at my list and wonder if I even going to be close to finish it lol.

Next 10:

4. Observer: (I have some trophies, but the game bugged out and I couldn't made any progress so I am going to restart)

5. Remothered... since this has to change due to the top50 and after considering many I have picked Fear Effect Sedna. It checks the time and topic.

6. The Darkside Detective

7. Afterparty

8. Indigo prophecy

9. Savage Halloween

10. Man of Medan

11. White night

12. Friday the 13 killer puzzle

13. Need a packet?

Edited by MAUSZX
Space and format
  • Like 1

On 9/25/2021 at 9:29 PM, MissShake said:

FINALLY I have my first plat for this event!

1) Hades :platinum:

2) Afterparty

3) The Walking Dead: The Telltale Definitive Series

This is exciting because I now have my 75th plat with the completion of Hades. Definitely a great game, give it a try if you haven't yet~

That's a good one to get! I'm working on it right now. I still have a long ways to go. I think I'm at 50 escape attempts now. How many were you at when you finished? 

I want to add two games: 
Deadpool. A guy in costume walking around saying hi to fellow weirdos
Demon's Tier+. Killing demons in a dungeons and recusing some villagers. 

I platinumed the following since my last update:
ODDWORLD: MUNCH'S ODDYSEE HD
Deadpool

Total progress:

1. Dead Space 3 (49/51)
2. Angels of Death. (2/40)

3. Devil May Cry :platinum:
4. PLAGUE ROAD. (3/8)
5. Last Labyrinth. (0/35)
6. TOUHOU DOUBLE FOCUS:platinum:
7. ODDWORLD: MUNCH'S ODDYSEE HD. :platinum: 
8. HUNTED: THE DEMON'S FORGE. (2/51) 

9. Deadpool :platinum:

10. Demon's Tier+ (8/19)

• Like 1

Update:

I finished my 4. game: Crystar.

Solid Action JRPG with nice character-  and art design but very repititive and grindy (and it doesn´t help, that you have to play the last 3 chapters 3 times because of story reasons).

The story is straight out of the mentally and/or physical tormented magical girl genre (like Madoka Magica or Magical Girl Site). Your character and her sister are drawn into purgatory were your character kills the sister unintentionally and gets the chance to rescue her soul by making a pact with a pair of demon twins named Mephis  and Pheles. She must now fight bad souls called Revanants and meets other girls with a similar pact. The story is good but can get pretty messed up at times.

Platinum wise, there is nothing missable thanks to post game but as I said, the gameplay is extremly repititive and grindy and can get boring really fast.

• Like 1