The Revenge of 13 Plats of Halloween (Sign Ups Closed)

Updates completed.

Got another 3 done, inadvertedly. 

First up, MediEvil. Did not hold up very well. Its like someone added finish to some really old and damaged wood without sanding out any of that damage. They could have worked on the camera, hit boxes, platforming, check points, etc. But they kind of did not. It fits the theme of Halloween perfectly. Undead hero, fighting pumpkins, pirates, zombies, dragons, serpents and so on. It is also pretty short, thankfully. 

Next, Game of Thrones. I was just playing it as I had gone thru the PS4 version before I watched any of the series. This play thru made a lot more sense as the characters do not get much of an introduction. You are dropped between seasons and are meant to know what is going on around all of the principle characters. Didn't remember all of the goings on North of The Wall. Definitely qualifies for Halloween with the White Walkers and one big decision Gared has to make near the end.

Lastly, didn't realize this one still managed to stay above the length requirement. Endless Fables 4: Shadow Within. The typical Artifex Mundi supernatural story. Demons, the Netherworld and possession of characters makes this fit the bill.  

Up to 6 completed now.

• Like 2

Two down! ...Yeah, definitely not getting this entire list done by the end of October. That's okay though! I'm okay with just getting a few spoop themed games.

1.Sdf7a3c.png SAW - The Video Game

2.S24cf21.png Batman: Arkham Asylum

Honestly, I'm super glad I played this game, since I haven't played it since 2009 when it first came out. It was a ton of fun! It's definitely VERY Halloween, those Scarecrow sections were just fantastic. Even more than that though, Joker has plenty of creepy appearances throughout the story, and the "Muahaha" villains of the whole game just scream the fun spookiness of Halloween to me. No complaints, onto the next one!

• Like 2

Completed my first game for the event finally, with the Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night platinum.

Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (44%)

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (100%) :platinum:

Mary Skelter: Nightmares (25%)

Closure (23%)

Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut (1%)

Anna: Extended Edition (0%)

London Detective Mysteria (15%)

Zero Escape: The Nonary Games (0%)
School Girl/Zombie Hunter (28%)

Nights of Azure (22%)
Doki Doki Literature Club Plus! (0%)
South Park: The Fractured but Whole (0%)

Corpse Party (0%)

I feel like I'll definitely finish at least five, maybe more if I push myself a bit. Regardless, this game also fits two other events I'm in so time to update those threads as well.

• Like 1

New Update: Platinum both Night Trap and Perception... meaning I finally have platinum my 3 locked in games, which if I can't finish my list, I can be happy with the fact that I finished those 3 games that are kinda hard platinums specially because of the timeline, so very proud of that.

Night Trap is actually a bad game, but a very interesting at the same time,is an experience that people need to have and also it a game that you have to force yourself to play to start enjoying, because my first impression what regret... but after keep forcing myself to play it I got what the game was offering and found my self having a ton of fun, is a very bad movie game, like the story and acting is very bad and very 80's 90's that you laugh a lot, it fits the theme of this event because you have to save the people in the how that are attacked by "augers" which are some sort of vampires I think at  some point it meant to be a scary game. Also it was a supercontroversial game.

Perception a blind woman going to a house that she senses she need to go because she keeps dreaming about, turns out the house is haunted and wants to kill her, this game actually made me jump a few times. The game is actually very good, sadly there are some dumb bugs here and there specially for the trophies which it made it kinda annoying not knowing if a trophy was going to glitch out or not, thankfully the solutions are fast and not so complicated. Super good game tho, would be awesome if this game had a VR version I think it fits.

1. ECHO :platinum:

F9JVEAvt.png

2. Night Trap :platinum:

1Le8c055.png

3. Perception:platinum:

1Le48167.png

4. Observer: :platinum:

1La5888e.png

5. Fear Effect Sedna.

6. The Darkside Detective:platinum:

1Lb8d03b.png

7. Afterparty:platinum:

XER19xDt.png

8. Indigo prophecy

9. Savage Halloween (84%)

10. Man of Medan

11. White night

12. Friday the 13 killer puzzle (36%)

13. Need a packet? :platinum:

iqApsVAt.png

Edit: I started playing Fear Effect Sedna and it has nothing to do with actual fear nor anything horror related, since is october I actually want to atempt to play horror type games even If I don't get all the plats. So I decided to change that game (sorry) for Zombi. I know it has some jumpscares and is pretty fitting. Sorry again for the changes.

Edited by MAUSZX
  • Like 2

Another one done! Not as spooky as it sounds, but there is at least one ghost.

1. The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep
  2. The Mummy Demastered
  3. Chasm
  4. The Forest
  5. The Walking Dead: A New Frontier
  6. Night in the Woods
  7. The Walking Dead: The Final Season
  8. Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk DX
  9. Ghost of a Tale

Anybody else praying for a good Halloween sale (and soon)?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Grotz99 said:

Looks like you may have gotten your wish...

Halloween Sale! With a decent amount of time before Halloween. I spy the one game y'all pointed out: Friday the 13th: Killer Puzzle. Probably won't play for this event since I am already working on Slayaway Camp on Vita. But the price is great to put away into my backlog.

Any other gems to call out?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, blu3st4rdust305 said:

Halloween Sale! With a decent amount of time before Halloween. I spy the one game y'all pointed out: Friday the 13th: Killer Puzzle. Probably won't play for this event since I am already working on Slayaway Camp on Vita. But the price is great to put away into my backlog.

All of the Resident Evil games. Yes, even that one ;)

Okay but a serious answer: there's a lot of good ones here! Call of Cthulhu is at a really good price, and Telltale's Batman is worth it for $7.49 imo. Half off for The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince is good too, it's a cute little puzzle platformer that I find really underrated!

Question for everyone: how is Wasteland 3? I've been eyeing it for a while but I can never bring myself to pull the trigger for some reason.

Edited by MissShake

1 hour ago, MissShake said:

Question for everyone: how is Wasteland 3? I've been eyeing it for a while but I can never bring myself to pull the trigger for some reason.

I've heard good things from reviewers I trust, but I have no actual personal experience with this game to recommend it. 

1 hour ago, blu3st4rdust305 said:

I think Lost in Random looks really good and is flying under the radar. I am very tempted to buy it even though I am trying to limit myself to buying one game a month until my backlog is less outrageous. I would also give a nod to Little Nightmares 1 and 2. They are both great, but the first one has no platinum which is annoying for some. Whispering Willows is enjoyable for a short platinum, but is a okayish game. Inside is good and short. Oxenfree is quite good as well, but three playthroughs for the platinum is annoying. Darkest Dungeon if you can handle turn-based combat and RNG luck. It can be frustrating, but it totally is my sort of game and I loved it.

1. Soul Sacrifice

2. Castlevania Anniversary Collection ?

3. Resident Evil :platinum:

4. Dying Light :platinum:

5. Control (PS5) :platinum:

6. The Walking Dead Season 1 (PS4) :platinum:

7. The Walking Dead Season 2 (PS4) ?

8. Batman Arkham Knight :platinum:

9. Resident Evil Village

10. Tormented Souls

11. Friday the 13th: Killer Puzzle

12. Castlevania Advance Collection

Pretty big update since my last post! Six games so far this month. Castlevania Anniversary Collection was fairly straight forward. I tried to complete at least one of the eight games every day. Only really used passwords for the second playthrough of Bloodlines because heck Bloodlines. I picked up Castlevania Advance Collection when that dropped but I honestly got so Castlevania'd out.

For my birthday(!) I got the Resident Evil platinum. Such an incredible game and I'm so happy to have finally gotten through it. I was a little worried about Knife Only and Invisible Enemies, but it was way easier than I was expecting. The REAL difficulty came with both Batman Arkham Knight and Dying Light. I only had the Community Challenge Pack and New Game+ left for Batman and that took a lot of screaming before I finally finished Batman. Honestly, that Killer Croc trophy can go right to hell. As for Dying Light, the Bozak Horde DLC was an actual pain. Days and days of grinding it out, but with the help of a partner, I finally managed to get 100%. I went from thinking I might pick up Dying Light 2 to never wanting to play Dying Light ever again. That's enough parkour for me, thank you.

And then there was The Walking Dead Season 1 and 2. I finally just wanted something chill to relax and play after pulling my hair out. Turns out I forgot what an emotional rollercoaster those games are. I thought about picking up the last two seasons, but ended up getting Tormented Souls instead. I also picked up Resident Evil Village and, thanks to this event's meme, Friday the 13th: Killer Puzzle for two bucks. I've also added Castlevania Advance Collection to the list, but... who knows! I'll try my best!

3 hours ago, blu3st4rdust305 said:

I'll throw in Blair Witch and The Darkside Detective, both for $9.

Update time!

1) Hades :platinum:

2) Afterparty (4% :platinum:)

3) The Walking Dead: The Telltale Definitive Series (49% → 83%)

I've already resigned myself to the fate of not getting thirteen plats done (it'd have been easier without the five hour rule, but c'est la vie), but I'm definitely going to be able to get my three locked in games done! I've just finished Afterparty up, and I enjoyed my time with it, but I must say that the studio's previous game, Oxenfree, was better. Afterparty was a bit more on the light-hearted side, and it did have some witty writing to it, but I feel like I had more of a connection with the cast of Oxenfree. Both are totally worth your time, though! Get Afterparty if you like humorous depictions of hell itself lol.

Also still chugging along with TWD. One more season to go!

• Like 2

Resident Evil 2 :platinum:

Resident Evil 3 :platinum:

Castlevania Requiem: SotN & RoB :platinum:

FIST: Forged in Shadow Torch :platinum:

Nexomon :platinum:

Overcooked: All you can eat :platinum:

NEO: The World Ends With You :platinum:

Wizard of Legends :platinum:

Finished NEO and Wizard of Legends. In NEO the monster called noises and they try to hunt you down. In Wizard of Legends are some dark shadow creatures that will face you in the trials. So they will count for this event in my opinion ;)

• Like 2

Update time!

1) Hades :platinum:

2) Afterparty (:platinum:)

3) The Walking Dead: The Telltale Definitive Series (83% :platinum:)

And with that, my three locked in games are done! It's a bit of a shame that the Definitive Edition only nets you one plat, but it's not the end of the world. What is annoying is the plat image they picked. This series has some really nice trophy images, so basically they could have picked any other trophy and they went with the worst one. Ah well, it was still a fun experience. I'd only ever played up to S2 before I started this edition up, and the series was definitely solid overall. Some dips in quality are present (coughS3cough) but the series is definitely worth a look sometime!

Edited by MissShake

I finished Angels of Death. It reminded me of my Tales of Xillia 2 experience, in that I didn't enjoy the story until the end which bumped it up to just okay for me. Tales of Xillia 2 had fun gameplay, side quests, and lore but Angels of Death has none of that and it's a straightforward experience. I felt like Angels of Death is something that an edgy emo teen would like, in which case my teenage self would have enjoyed it. 

I'll be adding Pumpkin Jack, a game about a dead prankster brought back to kill a wizard anyone else that stand in his way.

1. Dead Space 3 (49/51)
2. Angels of Death:platinum:

3. Devil May Cry :platinum:
4. PLAGUE ROAD. ?
5. Last Labyrinth. (0/35)
6. TOUHOU DOUBLE FOCUS:platinum:
7. ODDWORLD: MUNCH'S ODDYSEE HD. :platinum: 
8. HUNTED: THE DEMON'S FORGE. (2/51) 

9. Deadpool :platinum:

10. Demon's Tier+ :platinum:
11. Alan Wake 

12. Pumpkin Jack

Thought Id go ahead and do an update.

Zombie Driver Apocalypse: :platinum: I really enjoyed this game. Story was beyond dumb but was still a fun game to just run over thousands of zombies.

Onimusha: :platinum: I absolutely loved this game on the ps2 and was glad to play it again on the ps4. I really hope they do the second one.

I would like to change Danganronpa 2 and put in Friday the 13th Killer Puzzle.

• Like 1

Update:

I finished my 8. game: Cotton Reboot.

Cute em Up, were you play as a witch, who shoots her way through tons of horror themed enemies like grim reapers and zombies to collect the 7 colored willows and eat them (and save the fairy kingdom as a side objective). Really fun game and I´m very happy that they bring the rest of the series in the west as well (even as retail versions). I really liked the character design, it reminded me of the good old 90s anime/manga (like Dragon Half or The Slayers).

Platinum wise most of the trophies are very easy to obtain (all can be done on easy), the only one that gave me a bit of trouble was to complete the first 3 levels without getting hit once, but after a few retries it was done.

All updated.  Final stretch here y'all. 

Big few days for me on completions here. +5 here. Up to 11 total.

Finished Nier: Automata. Blew thru it but picked up on the Biblical allegories set against a dystopian backdrop of robots trying to save the world (?). You can take possession of other robots via hacking and do a whole bunch of hacking and slashing, thanks to it being developed by Platinum Games. 

Slayaway Camp (Vita). Having had completed this on the PS4 several years ago, I snapped up this one when the Vita store was threatened with closing. You are a killer and you solve a slider puzzle to properly kill all of the innocents, save cats and not fall into any traps. Fun times. 

For THL, I also did Need a Packet? A anti-capitalist, environmentalist parable told thru a game based on bagging groceries for customers. It fits the bill as there are people affected by the pollution and zombies and demons to fight off on the way to work. There are also dragons threatening you while you are bagging groceries. 

Also for the THL, I did The Innsmouth Case, a CYOA text adventure. You play a detective you looks for a "missing" girl in a strange town. Most routes end in your untimely and often silly death. There are monsters of the Lovecraftian variety. Very much similar to visual novels minus the colorful images.

Finally, also for the THL, The Last Dead End is a paranormal mystery to save the world. There are monsters, jump scares, and dark areas in Old Town. Not much of the story makes much sense.

Almost Final Update.

Spent almost the entire gametime into playing Zombi and Friday the 13 the Killer Puzzle. Plated the Zombi game, another Ultra Rare, but this one isn't that hard to be honest is probably Ultra Rare because you have to do 3 different runs.... which is annoying specially the easy difficulty one.... like why would you make me do that? Anyway, this game is weird, is a very entertaining game, it has a bad story, actually I would say the story is there just to have one and have an ending, but is kinda fun, and very mediocre in almost every way lol. It really seems like Ubisoft wanted to have a game in the WiiU so they rushed a Zombie game, is not broken or bad, is just there, tho the jump scares are pretty good.

Friday the 13 Killer Puzzle.... I don't know if I will be able to make it, you need to do a daily puzzle in a row for 13 days.... then again it probably works by just changing the date on the console, so I will worry about that if I am not able to get all 13 days before the 31 of october. Other than that because of work and life I think I might be able to get just 2 more games to  be honest.... so I guess I failed to do the 13 plats ?, but hey I got 3 Ultrarares and cleared at least 70GB of my HDD... so Yay!

1. ECHO :platinum:

F9JVEAvt.png

2. Night Trap :platinum:

1Le8c055.png

3. Perception:platinum:

1Le48167.png

4. Observer: :platinum:

1La5888e.png

5. ZOMBI :platinum:

1L5fb206.png

6. The Darkside Detective:platinum:

1Lb8d03b.png